Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Everyone keep an eye out for Being Grandi Mafia. The scum will be destressers, town will be everyday anxieties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote the uncool grandicap

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Have we left the calm of the Day One joke or is it still acceptable to offer the ceremonial tea to cleans the palate?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Everyone keep an eye out for Being Grandi Mafia. The scum will be destressers, town will be everyday anxieties.

Oh man see this is a way to get on my "will not vote" list

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

So wait, you are saying you you WERE looking for a place to drop a read?

preview edit:

Oh! Now I see, yeah, agreed!

no see i was saying grandicap is attempting to call me out for what he is actually doing.

conkers

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

hambeet posted:

yeah i think votefinder is broke

also tt put the most effort in so far so i dont think i will vote them.

This is a joke? It seems to be missing one of the basic pillars of being a joke.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

if that's all you can come back with ooh boy you in trouble

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey man it was just D1, I was going to go full force on you tomorrow when you inevitably said something dumb and scum, but I will respect your wishes and ##vote grandicap for that awful beet vote

I don't know who this bold new flavor of Hal Incandenza is, but they sure are spicy!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

hambeet (2): sandnavyguy, yuming
Retro Futurist (1): Grandicap
yuming (1): Jose Valasquez
Amnistar (1): hambeet
Spoonsy (1): Amnistar
Grandicap (1): Tom Tucker
Tom Tucker (0): hambeet, hambeet

Not Voting (6): Hal Incandenza, Nep-Nep, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero, spacing in vienna, Spoonsy

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 08th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 56 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

votefinder is still borked

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

This is a joke? It seems to be missing one of the basic pillars of being a joke.

Yeah you forgot to say 'bazingy'

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm votefinder link seems to not be updating

Or else it just is taking it's sweet time and I am a dick for expecting too much of votefinder who works hard for us every day with no pay and no benefits and attitudes like mine will be the cause of the votefinder uprising of 2021

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

nah it was the same vote counter earlier today, and wont update

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good, I can safely be a dick to votefinder and grandicap today

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

grandicap seems nice, just misguided, uncool and most probably scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i really should have used a semi colon there i think

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

hambeet posted:

if that's all you can come back with ooh boy you in trouble

I am not trying to undercut your mastery of comedy.
I see nothing in that post that is anything but sincere.
You are trying to add a post hoc justification that the post was a joke.

Lemme quote it one more time:

hambeet posted:

yeah i think votefinder is broke

also tt put the most effort in so far so i dont think i will vote them.

Both of the assertions are true. At least the argument for them is there. Votefinder was broken and TT was putting in effort. The issue I took was the "so I don't think I will vote them".
Where is the subverting expectations?
Where is the reference to bodily functions?
There is nothing in that post that could be construed as a joke.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:(
Engage with me here. What was the joke supposed to be?
I know comedy over text can lose context, but even with the most benevolent reading, I cannot find an iota of comedic intent.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*picks at finger nails*

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Woods posting: TT has barely put in effort but that's still more than anyone else.
Nep's response felt the most thought out so they'd be my pick and I'm surprised Tom didn't say "trap sprung" yet

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

i really should have used a semi colon there i think

Nope, semi colon separates two independent clauses and the latter part isn't a complete sentence on its own.

I do see what Grandi means in re: that not actually being a joke, beet. I assumed it was pretty straightforward at least.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

Woods posting: TT has barely put in effort but that's still more than anyone else.
Nep's response felt the most thought out so they'd be my pick and I'm surprised Tom didn't say "trap sprung" yet

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't have any strong feelings about it in terms of how it makes me feel about your alignment but it does indicate to me that you've given a fair amount of thought to this setup already (further supported by your followup post about ego/superego conditions) which I consider a positive for the quality of the game.

Dang, this is a good catch. Nep uses 20 words instead of 3, and it's overly careful in its phrasing.

##vote nep

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

I wanna vote merk but he’s not in this game, darn.

Sorry Somb :sparkles:

yuming posted:

I should probably get this out of my system early.

##vote hambeet

What's the context for voting hambeet? Also you haven't declared that you are Town Town Town yet which is making me nervous, lol.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Votefinder should be fixed now but it lost all the votes for the last ~12 hours

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

Votefinder should be fixed now but it lost all the votes for the last ~12 hours

Yeah, Podima told me that all votes after this one were lost:

Jose Valasquez posted:

Nobody is posting! How am I supposed to solve the game like this?

##vote yuming for having the fewest posts

If you voted after Jose there and your vote isn't showing up, you'll have to revote. Unless it was a joke vote or something that doesn't matter, I guess. I haven't been paying close attention.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning :sun:

I voted hambeet because I always think he is scum and I'm pretty sure I've been wrong each time about it!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote nep

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah that RF point about Nep is solid, that was a very crafted post by Nep, ##vote Nep

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Way to steal my thunder Opop

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote hambeet

Dropping my vote where it belongs.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

spacing in vienna posted:

Nope, semi colon separates two independent clauses and the latter part isn't a complete sentence on its own.

I do see what Grandi means in re: that not actually being a joke, beet. I assumed it was pretty straightforward at least.

You are saying that you agree with me that the post is being misconstrued by beet as a joke. Do you agree that it is scummy?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

:(
Engage with me here. What was the joke supposed to be?
I know comedy over text can lose context, but even with the most benevolent reading, I cannot find an iota of comedic intent.

I mean it’s not like a knock-knock joke or a joke about a priest, a rabbi and an imam playing conkers, it’s a “lol, drunk Australian making a generic mafia trope” kind of joke, you are trying too hard to look for the punchline

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I only skimmed before posting last cos I was more focused on Grandi's game. I'm gonna read again and let's kill a scum today yay :sparkles:

I keep checking my e-mail because my state can open pools on Wednesday and our apartment has a pool and I was to exercise in it!

I hope they announce it is opening soon.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean it’s not like a knock-knock joke or a joke about a priest, a rabbi and an imam playing conkers, it’s a “lol, drunk Australian making a generic mafia trope” kind of joke, you are trying too hard to look for the punchline

So very not following.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Tom Tucker posted:

Everyone please weigh in about my post. How does it make you feel?
It makes me feel like I don't wanna vote TT.

And since no scum have claimed we should probs just play the game regular-like.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Grandicap posted:

You are saying that you agree with me that the post is being misconstrued by beet as a joke. Do you agree that it is scummy?

I'd say more precisely that I agree with you that I didn't in any way read it as a joke, and don't see how beet is arguing that it is one.

I'm not sold that beet is misconstruing it so much as I'm thinking I have to be missing something, because there's a disconnect.

The fact that Hal thinks it is in fact a joke makes me want more people to weigh in. It might be that I don't get what beet was going for. Right now I'm just at "wait, how is that a joke?" I'm not yet at the place where I'd say he's lying about it.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

presign

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I interpreted beet as joking in that he was just being flippant. I don't think he's suspicious.

Grandi I can't get a good read on cos I can't decide if he is awkward-scummy or just trying hard in a low engagement so far game.

Nep-nep I have played with maybe once but I don't think what she said is scummy. My thought process about Tom is similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm gonna ##vote Somber

Because he was asked to explain his vote and didn't. I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but the weirdness of that and trying to prolong jokephase fits for me as what could be the perspective of the Chaos-poster.