Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
At least the 90s batmovies gave us BTAS.

Also something something Mark Hamill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The irony is Spider-man as Iron Man Jr is absolutely the MCU take on the character but boring af.

Terry's more like a proto-supervillain who ended up as Bruce Wayne's protege and it more or less works out.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean there's a reason Ra's desperately wants Bruce as his heir and only fails because Bruce has too much self-loathing to embrace immortality

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still can't believe that actually happened and wasn't a Hard Times joke

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

B&R is pretty fun to watch at times just for being so completely batshit (har har) and committing to the camp, though even then a lot of it gets tedious. And may have been one of the earlier cases where Bane is just a roid raging dumbass, though I think BTAS mighta done that first. Arnie actually kinda works as Mr Freeze and even does get across some of the pathos of the character, though it took a while for people to not want to avoid any reference to it. (so a lot like the 66 show all over again)

That said, I don't know what a Star Wars equivalent of B&R would be, the franchise has never really gone for full camp... unless we're talking about, like, a new Star Wars Holiday Special.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BTAS loved the noir look, and funny thing is apparently while every other 90s cartoon had everyone using laser guns instead of real guns apropos of nothing, BTAS got away by going the other direction and having tommy guns, which were deemed different enough from modern firearms that they wouldn't be an imitative hazard for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

IIRC it might have been inspired by how Greek breastplates had sculpted abs and pecs complete with nipples