Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Came across this recently and was reading through and with one question in the back of my mind:

Why leave Xanthus and Laan untouched? I haven't played nuMoO but the space monsters can't be that powerful that they'd be too dangerous to take down with some medium sized ships by the time you had stuff like (heavy) mass drivers and better armor are they? Some of the planets in those systems seem real good and would've given a couple more lucrative core worlds and and even bigger edge over other races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
This is on sale on Steam for 60% if anyone doesn't have it. Collector's edition and the DLC was less than :20bux:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

nweismuller posted:

Ugh, it's looking like a lot of images on the thread now appear to be watermarked by Photobucket (despite being hosted on imgur), what gives? I'm going to be doing some research here.

Edit: Right, I hadn't swapped to imgur yet at the start of this LP, maybe I need to migrate the earlier updates to imgur, ughhhhhh. *grumbles*

I'd just write off the prior updates' watermarked weirdness and move over to imgur with future updates rather than try to fix them at this point.

It's annoying but it'll also serve as a reminder to never bother with photobucket again. Not that imgur is acting much better these days, especially with poo poo like "you must use our app to upload images on mobile so gently caress you if you don't like that."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

After a recent playthrough of the MoO remake I'm going to have to agree with prior sentiments that if Darloks show up they need to be wiped out immediately and without mercy. I was cruising along smoothly and with high relations with all the other races until I met the Darloks (the last race I hadn't met in that playthrough). Suddenly I'm getting constant diplomatic hits with other races and other accidents and all of it began to occur about 20 turns after meeting the Darloks which I'm sure was a total coincidence. Declaring war and stomping them out made it stop but the damage was mostly done by then. I think the only leader who was friendly (or even neutral) towards me afterwards was Freddy Kruger.

Goddamn Darloks. This is why we can't have nice things.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I'd be game to continue reading the LP.