Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I found this picture of one of the breeders own coatis and I hope it's one of the parents of mine cause sitting like that is funny as poo poo

And some of their other baby pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

Cure animal and non-working car?

Thankfully not mine, but a friend's car.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

sharkytm posted:

...No one is saying the protesters are completely innocent of any wrongdoing. That's a False Dilemma, a classic logical fallacy. I'd say that they are certainly blocking the road, which is a wrongdoing. However, I'd say their greater goal supersedes the inconvenience their road-blocking presents to the public, especially given the short duration of the inconvenience. ...

Yeah. The best way to get your point across is to do poo poo that makes people hate you. Because if they hate you, they 100% want to hear and accept your message. Brilliant strategy. Me being inconvenienced by people blocking the road is not going to magically make politicians pass laws against, police chiefs crack down on, and the courts of law eliminate, brutality/racism. It's not going to get me to step out of my car and join the protest. At most it's going to get me to lean out of the window and ask them how long they're gonna block the road for.

I'm not advocating for running through/over groups of peaceful protesters. But I'm also not on board with the team that seems to think that any and all actions are justified in the name of protests. Those calling for mass immunity for anyone caught looting/setting fires/etc. are bonkers.

EDIT: Did I miss the post where Our Glorious Moderator said to quit it with the protest discussion and to go back to posting pictures of animals? Fine, here's one of mine on his favorite furniture in one of his favorite sleep poses:

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 3, 2020

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

LloydDobler posted:

Autopilot's a bitch. I used to drink a Snapple every morning where I'd shake it up and take the lid off. Once just before I drank it I got interrupted and had to get up and do something. So when I sat back down, I picked it up and shook it. All over my workstation and pants.

haha leaving the lid on top of something and not securing it is the absolute loving worst poo poo

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

The Prong Song posted:

Yeah. The best way to get your point across is to do poo poo that makes people hate you. Because if they hate you, they 100% want to hear and accept your message. Brilliant strategy. Me being inconvenienced by people blocking the road is not going to magically make politicians pass laws against, police chiefs crack down on, and the courts of law eliminate, brutality/racism. It's not going to get me to step out of my car and join the protest. At most it's going to get me to lean out of the window and ask them how long they're gonna block the road for.

I'm not advocating for running through/over groups of peaceful protesters. But I'm also not on board with the team that seems to think that any and all actions are justified in the name of protests. Those calling for mass immunity for anyone caught looting/setting fires/etc. are bonkers.

EDIT: Did I miss the post where Our Glorious Moderator said to quit it with the protest discussion and to go back to posting pictures of animals? Fine, here's one of mine on his favorite furniture in one of his favorite sleep poses:
Maybe the people complaining about some traffic shouldn't have complained so much about the guy who was respectfully kneeling at football games?

Protests happen, in part, because no one is listening. Everything I've seen has shown the protests to be entirely peaceful until police show up (seriously, go look at annnnny of the videos that have been published on social media and tell me why you think the police's actions are appropriate) or until people who aren't there because, as I've said, Black Lives Matter, show up to use it as an excuse for anarchy.

I must have missed where anyone called for mass immunity. There are videos of legitimate protestors capturing and handing agitators over the police.

Talking about how annoying traffic is or about the actions of a few mostly (or entirely, but I can't support that) unrelated people instead of the fact that racism is an enormous, profound, and ubiquitous problem is profoundly disrespectful to the people protesting for the right to live.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

sharkytm posted:

Or the bible. In front of a church, creeping out of a bunker following the goonsquad tear gassing non-violent protesters to make a path. In that group of protesters... the clergy of that very church.

In a statement Monday evening, the Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Michael Curry joined in the criticism of Trump's visit: "This evening, the President of the United States stood in front of St. John's Episcopal Church, lifted up a bible, and had pictures of himself taken," Curry said. "In so doing, he used a church building and the Holy Bible for partisan political purposes. This was done in a time of deep hurt and pain in our country, and his action did nothing to help us or to heal us."

The church visit was praised, however, by a member of Trump's Evangelical Advisory Board, the Rev. Johnnie Moore.

Color me shocked.

If there was a just, attentive God, Trump would have been struck down by lightning that instant.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm gonna No True Scotsman this and I think with some justification. You can not call yourself a Christian and even for one second think Trump is anything else other than a supremely evil man to be avioded at all costs.

This is a thing I've been trying to get across to my parents, and a couple of my Trump-supporting friends who espouse Christian - *Catholic* in the case of my parents! - beliefs. They're reasonable enough in other things that I still hope to turn them around on this, but, if not, well... my parents will still be my parents, but the friends maybe not so much friends any more.
I sincerely don't understand how my mom can support this rear end in a top hat, other than she's single-issue: abortion. Personally, I think bringing hell to earth outweighs keeping abortion legal.

Liquid Communism posted:

I prefer not to be inconvenienced by protests.

Black folks prefer not to be murdered by police.

Of the two, I'm pretty sure it's obvious which is more important.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

ooh, ooh, avocados are gross

They're mediocre at best.
Cheese is fantastic, most of it.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I recently stopped putting sugar in my coffee working out pretty good so far

Can't do it. I'm hyper-sensitive to bitter stuff. I need at least sweetener, preferably creamer/milk. I can barely handle unsweetened iced tea. I suppose one could argue that I don't really like coffee, and I can't argue with that.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

nadmonk posted:

Cure animal and non-working car?

Thankfully not mine, but a friend's car.

I went out for a 6 month deployment, the place where you park your car for that is a nice grassy field next to some woods. Those little fuckers ate my engine air filter, the insulation off my hood, the insulation off my trunk lid, everything inside was soaked in piss and covered in poo poo (fortunately they didn't nest in the passenger compartment, since I'm allergic as gently caress to that stuff)

Anyway, a few weeks later I went on a snowboarding trip, my gear was stored in the trunk, I had checked my boot laces and whatnot to make sure those little buggers hadn't chewed through them, but I didn't look inside the boots.

I picked one up to put it on, and it was like 5 lbs heavier than it should be, and there was insulation stuffed in the top, pull the insulation out, and the size 14 boot is stuffed to the brim with acorns, it seemed like it took 5 minutes to empty them all out, made a big ol pile in the parking lot.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
yeah for anyone with doubts about who's doing the instigation of violence, just look at denver. police de-escalate and don't engage, no violence.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Prong Song posted:

Those calling for mass immunity for anyone caught looting/setting fires/etc. are bonkers.

nobody advocated for this, shut the gently caress up bootlicker

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mineappolis PD seems to be 100% fascist.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

What terrifies me is that black people have represented a disproportionate amount of deaths due to covid-19. With the protesting that is happening there's no way transmissions are not happening. That means roughly 1.5 to 2 weeks from now we're going to see another jump in cases and once again its going to disproportionately affect the black community. They're facing death from all sides and its loving insane. They're having to put their lives at risk in multiple ways just to protest for the right to live.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Coredump posted:

What terrifies me is that black people have represented a disproportionate amount of deaths due to covid-19. With the protesting that is happening there's no way transmissions are not happening. That means roughly 1.5 to 2 weeks from now we're going to see another jump in cases and once again its going to disproportionately affect the black community. They're facing death from all sides and its loving insane. They're having to put their lives as risk in multiple ways just to protest for the right to live.

super cool that health insurance is tied to employment and tens of millions of people are laid off now! nothing could go wrong!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Coredump posted:

What terrifies me is that black people have represented a disproportionate amount of deaths due to covid-19. With the protesting that is happening there's no way transmissions are not happening. That means roughly 1.5 to 2 weeks from now we're going to see another jump in cases and once again its going to disproportionately affect the black community. They're facing death from all sides and its loving insane. They're having to put their lives at risk in multiple ways just to protest for the right to live.

The tiny shred of a silver lining here is that COVID-19 doesn't spread very well outside. It gets dispersed by any breeze to concentrations too low to be dangerous. Of course, big groups are worse than small groups, and dense crowds are worse than spread out crowds, but it's still a lot safer than, say, sharing an office or a restaurant with a COVID positive person.

Also, that's completely flipped on its head if you get arrested and put into a holding cell with a covid positive person.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

RTJ4 out early, FREE

https://us-preorder.runthejewels.com/products/rtj4-download

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

spoiler alert: its good

not RTJ but very good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob0dI05Xz8s

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The three other cops have been arrested and the original piece of poo poo got upgraded to 2nd degree murder

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i think this probably pisses me off the most because of own race stuff but i cannot believe that Asian cop just standing there watching. like it's bad enough that we get held up as a "model minority" to put unrealistic expectations on other nonwhite people, but you don't have to be complicit in that stuff! white supremacy affects us too, and you can't just hope that the structures of power will continue to tolerate you! it could go back to how it was 80 years ago, or 120 years ago, in a second! gently caress!!!!! i am glad that guy got charged.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

The three other cops have been arrested and the original piece of poo poo got upgraded to 2nd degree murder

loving AWESOME, finally

I don't know what to do about one of my friends. A friend I've known my entire life, we grew up together from kids, he sat with me and my mom the day before she died. Like this dude is like a brother to me.

Last time we hung out he admitted he likes trump and actually thinks he's smart, right after I said anyone that likes trump is either stupid as gently caress or mean spirited. I had no idea before I said that that he thought those things. This guy spent weeks at occupy Wall Street camps. I just don't understand at all, he just had a kid and he wants him to grow up in a trump world? What the flying gently caress. I didn't say anything while we were still hanging out that day because I was absolutely dumbfounded with his view. I've been ignoring his calls and texts ever since but man it's hard to do, I'm heartbroken with the situation. If I do talk to him I will most likely say some things I can't take back so I'm letting it fester as of right now.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Krakkles posted:

Black Lives Matter.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i think this probably pisses me off the most because of own race stuff but i cannot believe that Asian cop just standing there watching. like it's bad enough that we get held up as a "model minority" to put unrealistic expectations on other nonwhite people, but you don't have to be complicit in that stuff! white supremacy affects us too, and you can't just hope that the structures of power will continue to tolerate you! it could go back to how it was 80 years ago, or 120 years ago, in a second! gently caress!!!!! i am glad that guy got charged.

Cops tend to have an extremely strong "us (cops) vs them (everyone else)" mindset that somewhat transcends race. There's a strong fear that everyone is out to get them and the only people they can trust are other cops. If another cop steps in and stops them then that cop isn't a team player and can't be trusted. That cop may then be forced out of the department and shunned by their entire social circle (cops families are also pretty close). They may even be abandoned when they actually legitimately need help. When the cop no one likes is screaming for help over the radio a whole bunch of cops are suddenly busy and unable to respond.

A lot of the brutality is also normalized and rationalized. 'I just roughed him up a bit. No big deal.' 'He did <minor slight> so we taught him a lesson.' 'He's fighting those other cops so I've got to go help!' So even some of the good cops (yes, they exist) won't even recognize a lot of the hosed up poo poo going on around them because it's just normal business.

None of this is an excuse. There's a huge problem and it needs to be fixed but fixing it is not going to be easy. It's kind of a huge cult with a persecution complex that needs to be dismantled. A cult with the power to assault, imprison, and murder with realitive impunity. If we had a functioning federal government it would still be difficult but with a president that wants to be a dictator. gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lotta poo poo heads saying poo poo like "maybe now they'll stop rioting"

I want to go hold a protest on their loving lawns

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

shy boy from chess club posted:

Last time we hung out he admitted he likes trump and actually thinks he's smart, right after I said anyone that likes trump is either stupid as gently caress or mean spirited. I had no idea before I said that that he thought those things. This guy spent weeks at occupy Wall Street camps. I just don't understand at all, he just had a kid and he wants him to grow up in a trump world? What the flying gently caress. I didn't say anything while we were still hanging out that day because I was absolutely dumbfounded with his view. I've been ignoring his calls and texts ever since but man it's hard to do, I'm heartbroken with the situation. If I do talk to him I will most likely say some things I can't take back so I'm letting it fester as of right now.

If he's that good of a friend i wouldn't poo poo can the relationship over it, talk to him about it, tell him how you feel and try to get past it.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Galler posted:

Cops tend to have an extremely strong "us (cops) vs them (everyone else)" mindset that somewhat transcends race. There's a strong fear that everyone is out to get them and the only people they can trust are other cops. If another cop steps in and stops them then that cop isn't a team player and can't be trusted. That cop may then be forced out of the department and shunned by their entire social circle (cops families are also pretty close). They may even be abandoned when they actually legitimately need help. When the cop no one likes is screaming for help over the radio a whole bunch of cops are suddenly busy and unable to respond.

A lot of the brutality is also normalized and rationalized. 'I just roughed him up a bit. No big deal.' 'He did <minor slight> so we taught him a lesson.' 'He's fighting those other cops so I've got to go help!' So even some of the good cops (yes, they exist) won't even recognize a lot of the hosed up poo poo going on around them because it's just normal business.

None of this is an excuse. There's a huge problem and it needs to be fixed but fixing it is not going to be easy. It's kind of a huge cult with a persecution complex that needs to be dismantled. A cult with the power to assault, imprison, and murder with relative impunity. If we had a functioning federal government it would still be difficult but with a president that wants to be a dictator. gently caress.
I agree with almost all of what you said, as well as your general point.

But. If you're not willing to do and risk this, then you're not that.

Even Logan Paul gets that "...it's not enough to be not racist. You have to be anti-racist."

I never thought I'd be quoting Logan Paul. My only solace is that I'm pretty sure he was quoting someone else.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

shy boy from chess club posted:

loving AWESOME, finally

I don't know what to do about one of my friends. A friend I've known my entire life, we grew up together from kids, he sat with me and my mom the day before she died. Like this dude is like a brother to me.

I have friends who are Trump supporters, and I'm okay with them. Like we agree on other things that aren't Trump, and I'm willing to openly discuss and listen to what they have to say.
However as I just mentioned, one of my best friends is actively posting a whole bunch of crazy dangerous nonsense, supporting Trump, and denying Covid19, calling "antifa" and the BLM movement terrorists, all interlaced with some other random conspiracy theory nonsense, and I just do not have the tolerance right now for any of that absolute horseshit.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

All of the do a kickflip series are great!

RtJ4 is pretty dang good, Mike's lines on 'Walking in the Snow'. The hairs on my arm raised when I realised that this is just another time this happened. It's insane.

quote:

And everyday on evening news they feed you fear for free
And you so numb you watch the cops choke out a man like me
And 'til my voice goes from a shriek to whisper, "I can't breathe"

What is the media showing of all this anyway? I don't watch TV and for my sins I like using twitter. It's mostly a hellhole but gently caress me if it isn't painting US cops out to be the biggest loving gang on the planet. I've seen so much hideous treatment of human beings on it in the past few days I'm honestly shocked. Cops firing rubber bullets and teargas into crowds of peaceful protesters, pallets of bricks magically appear in front of court buildings, police infiltrators smashing shop windows, police attacking media from different countries, police arresting media, police shooting the loving eye out of a reporter, police chasing down and beating people walking away, police RUNNING PEOPLE OVER, police trashing their own cars and spraypainting them with ACAB and other poo poo, police shooting at people in the doorways and windows of their own properties, police kettling protesters into places they can't escape from and tear gassing them, I even saw a loving red cross chopper used at a junction hovering maybe 50ft in the air to try and blast the protesters away with wind and noise.

I just can't believe this poo poo is happening, they've lost control... I really hope something changes because this poo poo can't keep happening and by that I mean the systemic abuse of black people by the police.

And this is the poo poo, honestly. I've heard so many of these but I think this is my favourite.
https://twitter.com/ianamurray/status/1267986139488624640?s=20

*edit: gently caress it, have another, it's also fantastic.
https://twitter.com/ZaNeVoYtKo/status/1267993453557923840?s=20

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 3, 2020

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I have friends who are Trump supporters, and I'm okay with them.

After that teargas a peaceful church for a photo-op I'm not. Full stop. They are supporting an obviously evil man so they can get the gently caress out of my life.

I didnt have any Trump supporting friends so I'm good. Also.... Avocado is loving awful and anyone that puts it on toast with vegemite is not Australian and needs to GTFO of this hellisland

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

this guy is a loving hero, my office has been passing around this clip on zoom and it's spawned a custom emoji gif that says "suck my dick and choke on it. i yield my time. gently caress you."

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

this guy is a loving hero, my office has been passing around this clip on zoom and it's spawned a custom emoji gif that says "suck my dick and choke on it. i yield my time. gently caress you."

The sheer anger in his voice is just incredible. It was the "I yield my time, gently caress YOU" that cracked me up.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

RtJ4 is pretty dang good, Mike's lines on 'Walking in the Snow'. The hairs on my arm raised when I realised that this is just another time this happened. It's insane.
I'm a huge RtJ fan, and I felt guilty about getting it for free until I saw that they're using it to promote donations to the Mass Defence Program. They're Good.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What is the media showing of all this anyway? I don't watch TV and for my sins I like using twitter. It's mostly a hellhole but gently caress me if it isn't painting US cops out to be the biggest loving gang on the planet. I've seen so much hideous treatment of human beings on it in the past few days I'm honestly shocked. Cops firing rubber bullets and teargas into crowds of peaceful protesters, pallets of bricks magically appear in front of court buildings, police infiltrators smashing shop windows, police attacking media from different countries, police arresting media, police shooting the loving eye out of a reporter, police chasing down and beating people walking away, police RUNNING PEOPLE OVER, police trashing their own cars and spraypainting them with ACAB and other poo poo, police shooting at people in the doorways and windows of their own properties, police kettling protesters into places they can't escape from and tear gassing them, I even saw a loving red cross chopper used at a junction hovering maybe 50ft in the air to try and blast the protesters away with wind and noise.

I just can't believe this poo poo is happening, they've lost control... I really hope something changes because this poo poo can't keep happening and by that I mean the systemic abuse of black people by the police.

And this is the poo poo, honestly. I've heard so many of these but I think this is my favourite.
https://twitter.com/ianamurray/status/1267986139488624640?s=20
That portrayal of cops in the US is accurate (source), and it's visible on social media but largely unseen in major networks. A friend of mine was at a protest here in LA, constantly livestreaming, absolutely peaceful. The local Fox news associate reported on the completely unrelated people down the street attempting to loot a "gold store", which culminated in this insanity, where the cops show up and immediate begin physically detaining the store owners, because they're Not White. I'm not sure if they actually caught the looters, but the only reason they even tried is that the Fox News reporter, on camera, told them who to go after.

The media, by and large, has played up the looting. The looting, by and large, has been done by people unrelated to the actual protests.

TALK ABOUT THE RACISM, CHAD.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^ I saw that video, there's a reporter there and the cops come in, looters run off, the reporter shouting at the police "THE LOOTERS HAVE RAN OFF THAT WAY, THESE PEOPLE OWN THE STORE, THE LOOTERS HAVE RAN OFF!" and the cops just stood there like absolute morons while his colleagues are roughing up the business owners and slapping cuffs on them.

And that Greg Doucette account I found earlier, it's NUTS. Just video after video of police being completely evil arseholes. gently caress the police.

RtJ have always given the albums away for free but the option to donate was fantastic, they've raised over $75k already from it. Gotta respect that.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The Prong Song posted:

Never said anything of the sort, but catte photos are always welcome. I only ask you not make death threats and (apparently I do have to say this) don't post about how you had a long think about how its actually ok to run over protestors. Still wtf'ing at that.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Best thing I’ve seen all day. I’ll never even have a molecule of cool measuring up to Tony Hawk.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

That was awesome, put a smile on my face this morning :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

You Am I posted:

That was awesome, put a smile on my face this morning :)

Made me smile, too. Tony Hawk is good people.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

There are more with Eric Koston who is also a very nice guy.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Good.

Only took a full week of the whole country being on fire with protests.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Also.... Avocado is loving awful and anyone that puts it on toast with vegemite is not Australian and needs to GTFO of this hellisland

gently caress that noise. Eat whatever you like the taste of. The world is a lovely enough place without someone telling me that my opinion is wrong on a matter of literal taste.

Here, have a cheese scone with avocado. gently caress I make a good cheese scone.

If I still lived near you, I'd come drop some off.

I wouldn't make you eat avocado, I'm not a full blown c-bomb

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Well I feel bad interrupting important chat to ask something as dumb as this but: toners are running low in the brother laser I got a while back, do people just suck up the OEM price or are there good generics?

E: just bought rtj4, thanks for the reminder Olympic mathlete. Some incredible music recommendations recently

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 4, 2020

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

LloydDobler posted:

Autopilot's a bitch. I used to drink a Snapple every morning where I'd shake it up and take the lid off. Once just before I drank it I got interrupted and had to get up and do something. So when I sat back down, I picked it up and shook it. All over my workstation and pants.

I used to sit at my desk cooking sausages on the George Foreman grille, eating them in hoagie rolls with BBQ sauce while posting on these fine forums. And drinking ciders.

The number of times I came within an inch of either taking a big gulp of BBQ sauce or pouring half a bottle of cider on my sausage is embarrassingly large. I would say at least 30 to 50 feral sausages were nearly cidered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cakesmith handyman posted:

Well I feel bad interrupting important chat to ask something as dumb as this but: toners are running low in the brother laser I got a while back, do people just suck up the OEM price or are there good generics?

E: just bought rtj4, thanks for the reminder Olympic mathlete. Some incredible music recommendations recently

The compatible ones are fine for laser toner! - though buy one from a reputable supplier rather than just a random brand off ebay/amazon as I've seen quality issues on some cheap/unbranded ones and you get no comeback buying like that. I have always bought them from dedicated toner suppliers via work but cant suggest any that would help you at the moment!

I have however used https://www.printerbase.co.uk a lot for printers (I used to have an account with them back when I sold a lot of hardware) and they sell also sell toner (both OEM and compatibles) and I would trust them to both supply a decent quality compatible and to offer support and warranty on it and be nice to deal with.

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 4, 2020