Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Is there a specific order the players need to go in per team? Is the player who drops the coins in announced to their opponents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Is this per player, or per team?

Per player. So lets say Town tribe has Player A and Player B, Scum Tribe has Player C and Player D.

A would first drop in a coin.

then C would drop in a coin

Then B would go, then afterwards D, then it would loop back to Player A's turn if the glass has not overflowed yet.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 7, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dmboogie posted:

Is there a specific order the players need to go in per team? Is the player who drops the coins in announced to their opponents?

The turn order is the order you were listed when your leader posted your teams.

As for who goes first, we're going to do 3v3, then 3v3, then 2v2. We'll do a coin flip for the first 3v3 matchup to determine which tribe drops first, then the opposite tribe will drop first in the second matchup, then the original tribe will drop first if the third match is necessary.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 4, 2020

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How much time do we get to deliberate w our team before dropping?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also will we be aware of whether we are dropping first or second?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

How much time do we get to deliberate w our team before dropping?

I'll prompt when it's time to drop, you're allowed to strategize with your teammates live in your Challenge Room.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

Also will we be aware of whether we are dropping first or second?

JOHN CENA posted:

As for who goes first, we're going to do 3v3, then 3v3, then 2v2. We'll do a coin flip for the first 3v3 matchup to determine which tribe drops first, then the opposite tribe will drop first in the second matchup, then the original tribe will drop first if the third match is necessary.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Will the coin drops for a completed match be revealed publicly before the next match begins?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9TRMQwMNnY

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

.If a player is not around to make a drop in a reasonable amount of time, they will automatically drop 5 coins. Additionally, if a player somehow runs out of coins before enough have been dropped to make the wine spill, then the next player on the rotation will just go for them, effectively going twice.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scum has scored the first point, I will now get the rooms ready for the next matchups.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

.Town tribe has earned one point. We go to the final round.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 7, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SCUM! HAS WON IMMUNITY!!!

Scum Tribe, you have done it, and are safe from the vote.

Town, I will see you at your first Tribal Council tomorrow at 9pm, where one of you will be the first person voted out of this game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:c00lbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

For those who were curious-

1-10 coins: The Wine is Still
11-15 Coins: The Wine Quivers
16-20 coins: The Wine Trembles.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Deadbeat Dad posted:

We're all one big alliance that will RNG for whoever gets voted out (provided we ever lose), truly a land of sunshine and daisies

lol.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
RNG stands for Randomly? Not! Goodbye.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You can't spell scum without Scum imo. Cheaters? I wouldn't say that but everyone knows it to be so.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khanstant posted:

You can't spell scum without Scum imo. Cheaters? I wouldn't say that but everyone knows it to be so.

those fools got a head start at camp setup. no wonder they won. if it was only skill-based they'd have stood no chance

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

those fools got a head start at camp setup. no wonder they won. if it was only skill-based they'd have stood no chance

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TEN TEN DON DON TEN DON DON

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

jeff posted:

Wow, Scum tribe has asked to go tribal in the place of Town tribe because of deep, irreconcilable personal drama within their tribe! This is first for Survivor so early in a season and

This game is WILD, good luck tonight out there Scum tribe, you wily rascals! hope you know what you're doin

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Khanstant posted:

This game is WILD, good luck tonight out there Scum tribe, you wily rascals! hope you know what you're doin

:lol:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

wow faking mod communication is a pretty scummy thing to do, are we sure the tribe labels didnt get swapped around

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:11tea:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khanstant posted:

amazing! this game and its twists!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

looks like the town is cracking under pressure awfully quickly

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who are you guys gonna night kill

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Whoever has posted least in the thread.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Who are you guys gonna night kill

the doctor

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alright guys, go ahead, take your torches, and dip them into the fire. In this game, Fire represents your life, and when it goes out, so do you.

Town Tribe, welcome to your first ever Tribal Council. This is the last place you ever want to be in this game. Tonight, your tribe of eight will become a tribe of seven after you are forced to vote off one of your own. While you are at Tribal Council, absolutely no contact outside of the thread is permitted. Here's how everything is going to break down tonight; We're going to start with a little bit of a Q and A, some questions will be targeted to specific players, some will just be general questions that are laid out that anyone can answer, and after I feel like we've gotten enough discussion out there into the air, I will open up voting. There will be a set deadline after I open voting, and a failure to vote will be a vote for yourself. Failure to attend tribal council twice without justification will result in being removed from the game..

Let's get to the questions.

Jivjov, as Mayor of the Town, who came up with the strategies for the challenge yesterday?

Chili, Spokes, how did you decide who to make your Mayor?

Deadbeat Dad, merk, there was a pretty big blowup in your Tribe's camp after the challenge. Can you expand upon what happened?

A general question for everyone, this is a mafia-flavored game - do you think that any strategies from that translate well to Survivor?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

JOHN CENA posted:

jivjov is a vet and didn't mind stepping up. We've got a lot of new players (including myself) and I think he'll be a good leader

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

A general question for everyone, this is a mafia-flavored game - do you think that any strategies from that translate well to Survivor?

no. lol. not at all. theyre so entirely different games

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

JOHN CENA posted:

I don't think so? In Mafia I generally either loudly push for the wrong person if I'm town or clam up and choke under pressure if I'm scum, and I'm pretty sure neither of those are good.

More seriously, Mafia is a team game where you can get eliminated and still win, and Survivor isn't, so I don't think the two really have the same strategies.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

It was honestly fairly straightforward. Jivjob stepped up, kinda knowing that it was a bit of a targety thing to do and I think because he did, it was well regarded. Haven't heard his name floated about. He's been doing a good job so far, hasn't really barked orders or anything. I'm glad he did, and I'm glad it happened when I wasn't around because my natural inclination is to just GO FOR ALL OF THE THINGS and I really didn't want to be Mayor.

JOHN CENA posted:

Survivor is such a different game from mafia. The biggest difference being: we can talk to whomever we want on our tribe. As someone who's both played and modded a ton of mafia games back in the day, I'm really only hoping that my experiences there will help me cope with some of the twists and turns ahead. I can say, I've never felt this anxious playing mafia.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

JOHN CENA posted:

Deadbeat Dad, merk, there was a pretty big blowup in your Tribe's camp after the challenge. Can you expand upon what happened?

merk got in his feelings about me making a joke in reply to Cat's PMush joke, and I really didn't care at all if we lost a "camp supplies" challenge, it was just a joke. He then insinuated that I was leading some private crusade for his outs which was a complete lie (or he got fed bogus info), regardless, merk is paranoid that I wanted him out and wanted to make him a patsy when my reply to anybody, including him, was that I didn't mind voting merk just because we hadn't talked much and I would've expected the same back from him, but my vote also was very much sway-able. The fact that he tried to get people on his side by lying about me and probably did the exact thing he accused me of doesn't sit right with me and should make him hard to trust.

Either way...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Challenge strategy was a communal affair. We had leapt to a conclusion that the 2 man team was going to be a puzzle, so we tried to put people confident in puzzles on that team, which ended up being myself and Steak, while the two teams of three were just RNG'd; we didn't have enough information as to the exact nature of the game to make any decision beyond that. As far as the coin dropping strategy, that was also a pretty communal discussion. Steak, murmur, merk and spokes all contributed heavily to trying to math out an optimal pattern. In my round in particular Steak nailed down a coin drop strategy and it really could have worked, but the numbers just didn't come up our way.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was unavailable over the weekend when the game started. That fact resulted in my tribe losing the flag challenge because I didn't sign the thing until Monday or Tuesday. During this time, DBD had been floating to others that, in the event we needed to remove someone, I should be the person removed.

When I heard of this happening and saw it in thread with this joke*, I saw a very early cloak and dagger move. With the first tribal council, people are looking for any reason to vote anyone out. DBD was advocating that be me.

Those of you who know me know that I am a very direct player. I decided to bring this issue into the forefront. DBD denied it. That's what happened.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

town doesn't either, we really got merked in this exercise

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JOHN CENA posted:

I am not sure whether mafia strategies will be helpful in this game, but they will be present. What you'll get out of me here is exactly what you've seen of me in mafia games. I'll doggedly hunt scum who try to appear helpful to us but really aren't, and I'll vote for them if we're in tribal council.

If that gets me out today or any future day, at least I will have gone down doing what I've done forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Spokes: Diet what?. ANSWER FOR YOUR FRIDGE CONTENTS.
Everyone: Do you feel like you've been socially active enough thus far this game?

Some of you have played in FRGs before, do you think this gives you any advantages or do you feel like it hinders you instead?