Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should you trust?
The cops? :laffo:
View Results

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Include how much you have donated if your image doesn't show it :jiggled:

Me reading comprehension :saddowns:

The ACLU website was 100% BLM when I just looked at it so it looked good to me but I was definitely coming from a "this is one of the only organizations on the Google doc my non-US rear end recognizes" place as well so I hope I didn't gently caress up there :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantsofdoom
Nov 20, 2003

i like pants

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Do you want to post some reasons and provide some background info as to why people should avoid donating to the ACLU, or are you just going to come into the thread and post a hot take every time someone does?

Quick google search says they defended the klan in 2012.
https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/aclu-em-defends-kkks-right-free-speech

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
They also sued Charlottesville to make unite the right happen

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

ah yes, noted white supremacist organization the ACLU

gently caress off with the divisive bullshit, put your money up for the orgs you support, it's all working toward the same goal

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Already got a tag, just wanna add :20bux: to the total.

Another :fivecbux:

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 9, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I'm not sure if my Yams Fan counts toward the two gang tag limit, but if so, please ditch that one and keep Triangulo De La Muerte, thanks.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Tag me, jerks. Bottom pic is for Poder in Action, they seem cool and I found them while I fell down the rabbit hole trying to find legit funds to donate to locally.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Trying to do what I can.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Sending this in:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I didn't realize changing my AV got rid of the gangtag - Could I get the double tag back?

Flowers for QAnon fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 9, 2020

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Tossed $100 at the Itch Bundle, could I get ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS above the DOOM WAD Club gangtag?

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I'm in

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Finally putting my money where my mouth is.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
No need for a tag, but I'm in for $20/month to BLM, $10/month to ACLU (since 2017), $100 to the NAACP Empowerment fund, $100 to the ACLU in response to the :lol: 2020 :lol: situations, plus their 100th year doing their thing, and $5/month to Katie Porter's re-election. And I regularly donate to Sara Gideon, because gently caress SUSAN COLLINS

I'm proud of the SA community.

Ramalama
May 6, 2007

It's coooool to be squ... squ... brrr

I haven't posted on SA in years, but I'll do it for justice and a gang tag!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

No gang tag here, but I would like to add this to the total:

(I made this prior, and want it counted)

Siminu
Sep 6, 2005

No, you are the magic man.

Hell Gem

It's real, I swear. As real as Canada gets. Might have to calculate an exchange rate.

Also:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

super rough month, but:

grimey drawer can take a fuckin' hike, but I likes me nojoe

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 10, 2020

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
holy crap, is 52 thou just from this thread, or sa altogether? either way, it’s amazing!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

holy crap, is 52 thou just from this thread, or sa altogether? either way, it’s amazing!

Just this thread.

I am unsure if there are any other consolidated threads, but I do know there are regular donations in the Riot+Cool Zone threads that aren't listed here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I didn't realize changing my AV got rid of the gangtag - Could I get the double tag back?

Yeah mate I'll queue it tonight.

Anybody else that buys a new avatar, and has donated in this thread, just let me know and I'll give you the double tags (Cause you're also supporting the Lowtax Spine Fund + server costs)

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Doing what little I can.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Can you take out my Serious Sam tag to make space?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Keep the Gift of Life tag, the "I want nothing" tag has run its course.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

The Vikings
Jul 3, 2004

ODIN!!!!!

Nap Ghost
Just saw this, I donated last week to LA bail fund

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Least I could do.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Sent a hundred bucks here but have not received the promised email receipt. (I'm going to give it a day before asking GoFundMe about this.) I do have a screenshot of the page I got after donating, which did not show the amount but did show my email address, which I have censored:

Infinitum posted:

Anybody else that buys a new avatar, and has donated in this thread, just let me know and I'll give you the double tags (Cause you're also supporting the Lowtax Spine Fund + server costs)
I just upgraded mine to 180x180 and bought one for another poster too.

(When updating my title, the "ƨ" in "ƨtupid cat" needs to be the gobbledygook you see if you quote this post.)

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

$20 to the local bail fund. Drop Super Spreaders if need be.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Infinitum posted:

Yeah mate I'll queue it tonight.

I didn't know buying a new avatar got you a tag as well, but either way I happened to buy one yesterday (actually I bought a couple because I kept being unhappy with it and wanting to tweak it) :shobon:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

aphid_licker posted:

Me reading comprehension :saddowns:

The ACLU website was 100% BLM when I just looked at it so it looked good to me but I was definitely coming from a "this is one of the only organizations on the Google doc my non-US rear end recognizes" place as well so I hope I didn't gently caress up there :ohdear:

You didn’t, depending on your priorities. ACLU is a hardcore civil liberties, especially 1st amendment, org that primarily uses the tool of the legal system to advance their work. They are ideologically non partisan which means they regularly support a wide range of groups including white supremacists in their work against government overreach. They are well established and have a long track record of effective work.

I have mixed feelings about their work (I don’t think the US approach to freedom of speech is balanced or healthy) but they are a net good for society.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

I was going to submit something I donated last week but I figured I might as well donate more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Another $4651.54 added today! Tags being queued!

Pikestaff posted:

I didn't know buying a new avatar got you a tag as well, but either way I happened to buy one yesterday (actually I bought a couple because I kept being unhappy with it and wanting to tweak it) :shobon:

Yeah if you buy a new avatar I'll give you the dual-tags, if you have also donated previously to this thread as well.

Word to the wise I will delete all your other tags to give them to you.

Basically a new avatar helps towards server costs for Lowtax.
So win win all around.