Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
it seems we have transitioned from extremely hosed to hyperfucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
SoCal is so completely hosed when tens of thousands of stupid loving zonies flood the area during the July 4th weekend.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Solarin posted:

wasn't that travel stimulus just a super dumb idea pitched by some unimportant senator and is dead on arrival

yeah it was a stunt because she’s a loser that got appointed to her seat by the republican governor and is going to lose very badly in November

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Xaris posted:

does anyone else start to remember/think about the pre-covid days and start slightly dissassocating seeming like it was a billion years ago and vastly different. also the retail/service and corporate carnage by 2021 is going to be loving weird, pretty much every non-chain food place that you liked is likely gonna get wiped out in just a few more months even ones doing ok curb-side are doing pretty badly

i, for one, look forward to every restaurant being Taco Bell

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

anyone have that video from the 2012(?) republican primary where someone used the polling graphs to make buttplugs?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

that’s what they told him alright

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

pigz posted:

What do people think of this:

The AAP recommend kids go back, and their reasoning is based on what we know the risk is low to children so going outweights not developmentally. But, as others have pointed out that approach significantly increases risks to those at home. I'm in that boat with a multi-generational household, something that is much more common in general, but especially for those who are poor.

That said, I feel like some of the ''evidence" we have that children are at lower risks doesn't seem to take into account that for the most part schools have been closed in the US since very early in this. Here in GA they closed schools completely pretty drat fast compare to everything else. This is due to how much more protection we provide children in general, people are more quick to take precautions that protect them.

Also based on my extremely simple physical model of sars-cov-2 I've been using to inform my thinking: Kids are short and thus exposed to less virus from Adults when they are grouped and socializing. So with schools closed kids are very unlikely to get covid from adults other than their parents and then spread it among other children. Open schools back up and all those kids as they get covid from their parents will spread it very quickly through the schools. IT's a bad terrible model, but you take what you can get.

so yeah opening schools will be a bad idea, and it also seems AAP forgot about Kawasaki's disease.

has your ‘kids are short’ theory taken into account that most noses point downwards

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Maybe we should have checked in on some of those hot and humid places earlier. I mean there's like a whole equatorial region and southern hemisphere. Oh poo poo sucks there too?

Wow who could have seen this coming

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
well, tried out best, time to move on

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Squizzle posted:

i hope that covid destroys the nfl entirely and its assets are sold off to provide for the care of the players whose bodies and brains were destroyed for entertainment money

oh my god is that Vince McMahon’s music???

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why the hell was Mexico's border open this long? Australia cut off all international flights in like February.

a lot of people live and work on different sides of the border around there

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Horseshoe theory posted:

*Starts investing in Tampa Bay-area funeral homes*

probably better off with a portfolio of backhoes and lye

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

actionjackson posted:

I got my first piece of original art today by this recovering drug addict dude. It's lava pouring over a tree on canvas. Showed it to my friend and remembered why I hate art

looks like a lovely acrylic string pull with some tilting

congrats on your art dude

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
what would they even show at a movie theater right now if they were allowed to open

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Atrocious Joe posted:

idk why people are acting weird, reactionary twitter has charts proving the disease is over
https://twitter.com/wesbury/status/1280669514972180481?s=20

It's almost like the death rate across the entire population was always around 2ish percent assuming the hospitals aren't overwhelmed, and also our testing early on was completely poo poo so we were only testing people at death's door.

And now everyone is gonna get it and it causes permanent damage to your organs ooooooops

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

needs more skulls

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Durf posted:

don't worry no one wants to invade and catch the roni

gonna be wild in the next war when we’re just catapulting maskless chuds over the city gates

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Zeriel posted:

WHO has a track record of not ever being correct about covid ever. There's a hundred plus vaccines in testing phases and a 0% chance that none of them will work.

Everything is dumb as gently caress today and will stay that way for a minimum of another year. Count your beans, pet a catte, exercise daily and do your best to not get sick and we will get to the other side alive.

Look at this fukkin catte

some might work but there’s no guarantee how effective they’ll be and how long they last

upper respiratory viruses are notoriously hard to vaccine against

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
finding therapeutics that significantly reduce the death and permanent damage rates is probably more realistic than a vaccine

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
wheres that livestream

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
lol cspam shout out on the stream

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm looking for sane advice so of course I'm asking here

My gf and I have decided that since we have almost zero faith in our institutions to keep us fed and safe, we need to start learning basic survival skills. Even if we never use them, it will help our mental health. Right now we have literally zero skills that will help keep us alive in the even of complete systemic collapse.

There is a lot to learn and we don't know where to start, other than gardening. Gardening/plant cultivation is the one that we both agree is massively important. From there... we don't know where to go.

Not looking for an effortpost, but are there goons who are into outdoorsing/survivalist stuff, and what basic reading/resources do you recommend?

We are treating this as a hobby and something to do for fun during this disaster, with the added side benefit that if it ever becomes necessary, we will be more ready than we are today.

God bless and RIP all of us when the climate wars start

For legal reasons we are required to ask how protective you are of your pumpkins before providing further advice

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I thought the tests spoiled after 7 days from sample collection.

so, cool

cool cool cool

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bookmarking this account with the name 'Check back in mid August'

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bushido Brown posted:

So are Arizona's cases actually leveling off, or is there fuckery with the numbers in some way?

aren't they just up against the testing cap?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

snake and bake posted:

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1283811216666886145

Let's just keep kicking the can down the road for a few more weeks and see how that goes

tests are already a week or more delayed so maybe just do it now dipshits

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Imagine that number on this graph:

no joke I've been getting ads to vacation in myrtle beach because theyre open for business

yeah no thanks

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Frequent Handies posted:

I guess there's always the possibility Phoenix comes together as a modern American city-state and takes Las Vegas's water as an alternative scenario.

honestly if it keeps them from migrating to socal I'm fine with this

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

40% gut feeling the US hits 100k day next week

Probably unlikely because we're running up against the limits of our testing capacity so the increase in cases would need to be entirely driven by case positivity rate increases

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Taco Duck posted:

We're all going to die aren't we?

nah. most of us will live with lifelong organ damage

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

empty whippet box posted:

hard to argue with that

man I just don’t wanna go out like THAT

if it’s like a jet ski accident or something then I guess I’m ready

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Stereotype posted:

everyone is going to get infected so might as well get it over with

it’s not if, it’s how many times

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

someone do an edit of that 'dying for bush's oil profits' soldier

Good Citizen has issued a correction as of 05:19 on Jul 18, 2020

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

UnknownTarget posted:

Friend of mine just tested positive for antibodies - so he contracted it at some point. But was just a three day "cold" for him and nothing else, thank luck.

those tests are notoriously unreliable so tell your friend not to drop his guard

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

probably not since that video is like a month old and from mexico

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

jisforjosh posted:

Same city but who knows

the vid is from Mexico so nah

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lol whos waking up at early dawn. More like 'woke up around 1130 with a nagging hangover'

incredible sadness is on point tho

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mahler posted:

Getting takeout pizza and then reheating it in an oven lmao. What are you guys even doing.

make sure it fits in your oven first

made the mistake of the too big pizza once already

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

D1E posted:

Are you guys licking the paper bags your McDonald's double quarter-pounders with cheese are delivered in, or the outside of the plastic drink cups, or what?

Pretty sure that if food delivery was an effective pandemic vector then cases would have been immediately traced to Doordash and Uber Eats or whatever, and the poo poo would not have slowed down as much during the actual shutdowns, because grocery delivery sales went through the roof.

I love you goons but you all paranoid as hell.

I lost this argument with my fiancée months ago and just decided to go with it. it’s annoying but on the long list of ways everything sucks now, reheating deliveries isn’t the biggest deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Rauros posted:

why is arizona trending down in cases?

number of tests per day peaked in early July and have trended downwards since