Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Crack ping, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Sunny Side Up posted:

realistically what will it take to make this real again? grandma dying?

Literally, yes. The virus won't be real to most Americans until they're staring at a family member dying of it, or succumbing themselves.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Covid is over. If Grandma dies, maybe it was just her time. Will of God and all that.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nephzinho posted:

That's one way to turn Texas blue.

In more ways than one

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The Death Rallies are literal this time

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The Roni is back, baby Awoooo (wolf howl)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

FizFashizzle posted:

first assisted and closed on my first surgery today :unsmith:

That's cool as poo poo. Congrats goon friend!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/DecoherenceWave/status/1270844912125177856?s=20

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Friendship ended with SARS-COV2, now EEE is my best friend

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Wamsutta posted:

My gym posted their guidelines for 61/7 re-opening and it seems reasonable enough in the era of OPEN ER UP

Limited to 50% building code capacity
Touchless checkin
Still selling drinks/bars but no shake bar, can only pay via the card you have on file with the gym
Every other cardio machine disabled
6 foot distance requirement (kinda lol at the idea of enough people adhering to this)
Masks required at all times in the gym (staff to enforce)
Significant increase in number of sanitizing wipe stations, staff to enforce wiping requirements

If people actually DO all this poo poo it seems alright. I feel bad for the staff because while I'm in a blue state we have plenty of chuds, and they're going to be so lovely about all of this

The gym's FB post announcing the guidelines is already full of chuds making the most adult baby complaints possible to the point that I almost think it's a joke because a woman literally named Karen complained 'I can't even make it through Wal-Mart with a mask on, so I will not be working out with one on'. Lots and lots of people saying they're not doing masks and asking how to freeze or cancel their memberships. Hopefully they all gently caress off forever

If you're breathing heavily, it's more like 12-15 feet. And it's not just the equipment, it's the floors and walls too. There's no way to have a gym that isn't a hot zone once some contagious idiot shows up.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/health/coronavirus-lung-transplant.html

Some people get really hosed up.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Koirhor posted:

So assuming the US Passport will still be worth a poo poo whats the easiest country to take a nice vacation and get a BCG vaccine while you’re at it? Germany?

Thailand or Malaysia? Their health systems are high quality and already used to providing ala carte services to cash-paying foreigners.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Polo-Rican posted:

climate change (remember climate change????) is making allergies worse basically every year. So, that's yet another really cool thing that's happening

Hellworld, baby!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Serf posted:

i wish i knew what colleges y'all are talking about. mine thinks covid is fake/over and are marching all faculty, staff and students back in on the normal opening day without changing anything but encouraging masks

Lmao I guess the threat of lawsuits from students wanting their tuition money back if they're just sitting at home on zoom all day outweighs the liability of exposing everyone to covid.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...=ob-fb-enus-580

Looks like Chicago's strain is most closely related to the original Chinese variants.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The cigarette smoke will protect them.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Grown adults, regardless of their personality types, should be capable of being told "things are different right now" and reacting appropriately.

This isn't an extrovert-vs-introvert thing, this is a full-detachment-from-objective-reality thing.

It turns out that the extreme atomization and individual alienation caused by consumer capitalism make society fundamentally incapable of even the simplest collective action.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
TBF, I completely understand the nihilism caused by government and the media making the lockdown a noble fight against the disease, then offering zero help to those affected, then saying "nevermind, it's all fake, go back to work" while the infection rate explodes.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Apraxin posted:

who's ready for some baseball
https://twitter.com/PhillyInquirer/status/1274020673573261312
another florida success story

welp, no baseball this year

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Epic High Five posted:

I love how both parties in congress came together to ensure finance was bailed out and the stock market were supplied with money printers before saying that's all anybody's getting and bailing, thus basically forcing state and local governments to open'er up and push through mega-austerity

nobody in power can do anything at all except disaster capitalism and crushing the left, two things they're actually quite good at

The in-your-face eliminationism of what's going on now crack pings me on a daily basis.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

anime was right posted:

its gonna rule when it turns out herd immunity just doesnt work bc it mutates like the flu

Funny you should say that, because serological studies out of China and Sweden are showing that a lot of people don't develop antibodies.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
OPENERUP (for Coronavirus)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mayor Dave posted:

I told everyone about the chud owner of my company who has expressed his belief that covid is both a hoax and a Chinese bioweapon. a few weeks ago he ended work from home and he's been vocal about getting California opened back up. Well I came into the office this morning and he's decided to have everyone go back to wfh where possible. Turns out his wife is in the ICU and his brother in law died of covid over the weekend and he no longer thinks it's a hoax...

If you get sick, sue the company for downplaying the threat and endangering employees.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Trump also got rid of the rule against benzene in hand sanitizer. For your health!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Gloves are pretty much useless as PPE for Covid. Your skin is already an excellent barrier, and is only a method of transmission by being a surface that moves the virus from one place to another. By donning gloves, you've simply added another "surface" over your own, said surface transmitting the virus from once place to the next just as easily.

Don't touch your face and wash your hands regularly, gloves are pointless for this sort of thing.

lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Remember concerts? lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I'll go to a baseball game before I go to a restaurant. I mean, not this year but in 2022 or whatever.

Baseball is chud sport numero uno. There's no way I'm going near that boomer hot zone.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Crusader posted:

wild that the us governments can't entertain even for a second paying people more to stay home and not die, since the economy is going to crater anyway

The only thing making businesses and governments even attempt control measures right now is the fear of litigation. As soon as any kind of virus-related immunity passes, the suffering and death will be entirely within acceptable bounds.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ShutteredIn posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffKassouf/status/1275153452792979456
Hey cool that the NBA and MLS are sending all their players to Orlando lmao

It turns out you can't do sports without everyone getting covid.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Sedisp posted:

In a few months you will be marched by national guard into businesses and required to spend at least twenty dollars.

Thank you for your cooperation Patriot.

The next stimulus payment will be a book of Mcdonald's and Walmart vouchers.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Trump has ascended beyond being a mere superspreader. Ultraspreader? Gigaspreader?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmao Trumo figured out that the could just buy reelection with fed money that isn't his.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1275465425657176065?s=20

crack ping

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmao love to workout in Dexter's abbatoir

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Chamale posted:

They do have some details figured out, for instance, players with immunocompromised spouses or children are not allowed to see their family until November. If they decline to play and have less than 7 years of Major League service, their team can elect to blacklist them from the MLB forever.

What the gently caress? So much for the union.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

facetoucher cat posted:

How is it possible that people in congress are not coming down with the sickness or are they and I just don't know. Isn't the average person chugging Lipitor with a beta blocker chaser

I honestly believe many of them are receiving convalescent serum treatment as soon as they test positive. Dying of covid is for the poors.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bust Rodd posted:

I wonder what incentives exist for offices to go back to normal. isn’t WFH literally cheaper for... everyone involved?

The next step is that they're going to figure out they don't need as many middle managers to babysit people.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

rabble rabble posted:

*NEW RECORD*

I hear this in the unreal tournament voice.