Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
This roguelike is loving dope, I didn't know it was a goon project!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

zorbus posted:

Release 35 is out!

Highlights:

Optional low Health warning popup dialog that blocks all commands. The dialog is visible for the configured duration or until closed with ESC, SPACE, ENTER, or left mouse click. The warning thresholds can be configured from the settings. You can set a cooldown in seconds between dialogs. You can disable the dialog when it's visible with DEL or CTRL + W. You can disable or re-enable the dialog with CTRL + W in normal game mode.

Optional Health bar / UI frame flash when low on Health. Can be configured from the settings.

When no hostile creatures are seen, companion movement speed is the same as the players.

Companions that were not near hostile creatures are regrouped around the player after autopilot / autoexplore regardless of their movement speed.

New behavior for companions: HANDLE. You can command companion to disable or force a lock / disable a trap. Target a lock or a trap with the cursor in target mode, then press companion number to command a companion, or press 0 to select the best companion for the job. There must be a clear path to the target when issuing a HANDLE command. You won't get experience points from locks or traps disabled by a companion.

Companions in FOLLOW behavior will try to disable or force a lock after your failed attempt if there's one with better Body-ability or Disable-skill nearby and neither the player or the companion sees hostile creatures. The same method (disable / force) will be used. Can be disabled from the settings.

Full changelog: http://www.zorbus.net/Zorbus.txt

Demonstration of the low health warnings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKho9KuEsFA

That rules a lot, especially the lock thing.

It took me forever to figure out how to load up my skeletons with excess crap but hoboy... sure makes up for not having any armor to have a squad of your excess gear floating around doing the dirty work.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 20, 2020

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

WarpedLichen posted:

Started playing this game a bit and I'm quite new so these are just my first impressions but:

1. Wizards are total assholes

This is true of real life as well.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The gamefeel of this game is incredibly good. A lotta roguelikes get mired in wanting to feel like rogue and don't really go for tone setting options like sound or dialogue but it really adds a ton to the game for very cheap considering its just a buncha stock sound effects and text.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

This game fuckin' owns. My go-to strategy is to start out as a gnome with low rear end body and speed, but tons of mind and a minor in spirit. Three talents, Natural leader, team spirit and animate dead.

Basically playing team mom to skeletons giving them all the weapons and armor you cannot use as a squishy wizard, gathering a horde of pals and rolling around as essentially a neurotic dog in the middle of a ball of meat works really drat well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

yo dawg what the gently caress is with these dudes and mushrooms??