Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Someone will pay dearly for this.
Not product 19, obviously. No one was paying for that that's why they stopped making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I had raisin bran recently for the first time in forever and actively enjoyed it and that made me depressed on a foundational level.
I don't even know how it compares to product 19 on a nutritional level but I'm certain it can't. Most probably nothing ever will. I hate it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like if your marketing campaign is "Are you too stupid to take a vitamin?"

And the answer is an emphatic "Hell yeah, please god fix that for us" and you come up with an alternative so bad that people actively start taking vitamins in order to avoid your product unto its discontinuation, you've hosed up.
Literally could have given people any option other than "Chipped box tops" as a flavor/texture combo and won this war.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"You want loving raisins for breakfast, again?"
...ugh well
"It's that or Product 19"
Gimme the fuckin raisins!

They aren't even the GOOD raisins. They're lovely raisins in milk and people are still like "I want more of that" instead of this other thing. How bad did you have to be at making this for people?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zeniel posted:

Why does Corn Flakes have a Rooster on the box? Just what is corn?

The rooster on the box symbolizes waking up in the morning, a fresh start. A call back to waking up to a rooster crowing.
The association between waking up refreshed in a traditional way, with a call back to a farm animal is meant to invoke a feeling of wholesomeness in the consumer.
The rooster's name is Cornelius, sometimes shortened to 'Corny'.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zeniel posted:

Those Halcyon days when a farmer would wake up at the crack of dawn, vend a bowl of Product 19 from his Synthomatic-9000, and then it's off the nutrient pits to shovel more processing slurry!

Cornelius the morning rooster rouses you
his clarion call a cock claxon for your
morning constitutional

There's corn in your poo poo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bum the Sad posted:

I feel like you're mocking my loss.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

shredded wheat

e: also frosted mini-wheats are like...a pro tier cereal do not dis my mini-breakfast nests or else.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sounds bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cinnamon toast tittyOs.

The cereal for adults!
They look like breasts and they go IN milk! The stuff writes itself! Plus, cinnamon toast!