Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEMAJ ZTI GMO

cool
anyone still here from when byob was first made? miss y'all

side note: wheres FYAD?

Edit: going afk for ~7hours

SEMAJ ZTI GMO fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEMAJ ZTI GMO

cool
Wow this forum is slow now.

SEMAJ ZTI GMO fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jun 7, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

hello, hi!
I'm not old enough for the first spawn of byob just before the big bang but we are not that slow, it's just early (or late) in the day :smith:

Ehh fyad is gone, it's a long story, but you can read up on it here in the few latest entries: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=24
Anyway hi welcome back, glad to have you around

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
I used to post with posters like WILDcat, thefroot, willy69, segasn't, fromage_du_jour, The Fart Collector, sensible suckle, and dogcrash truther... those were the days

nut

what’s cool? u ever turn off ur monitor

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
when was byob even first made?

who were the first byobers? were they chill?

i do not know much about this web-site

cda

by Hand Knit

Plant MONSTER. posted:

when was byob even first made?

BYOB was created in 2007, deleted in 2011, and remade as BYOB 8.2 in 2014.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

who were the first byobers? were they chill?

Russ, Baby Hobo, Planimal, Petey, Bwee, Protarget, pookalicious, and many more. They were very chill.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

i do not know much about this web-site

Now you know more.

nut

byob was created circa 42 BCE the first posters were ones 4 a jason mraz concert in menlo park and the scarface one

vanisher

All I remember is Buddy's avatar I didnt read byob back in the day

Everything is cool when you're posting in BYOB friend

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

Post a joke

Post a pet

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

SEMAJ ZTI GMO posted:

anyone still here from when byob was first made? miss y'all

side note: wheres FYAD?

Edit: going afk for ~7hours

yeah I was in byob in its first incarnation 8) cause I'm cool and stuff BYOB got really lovely and exclusive and unchill in ~2011. There were only like 5 people posting regularly. I dont remember his username but I remember one poster in particular who was an absolute rear end in a top hat. he was this like 17 year old guy who had just dropped out of high school and constantly posted about how smart and great he was and how big of an idiot everyone else was :pwn:

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

SEMAJ ZTI GMO

cool
Well this place is friendlier for sure. BYOB in the beginning was super cliquey

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

SEMAJ ZTI GMO posted:

Yes. It turns out that everyone being cool to each other and not being jerks is a better system. We should tell the rest of the world

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Yes. It turns out that everyone being cool to each other and not being jerks is a better system. We should tell the rest of the world

Alright.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Modern byob is about chill and fun and posting pets and crimes and light or dark jokes and pictures and colors and being too high to post and being in a brutal forums war with the nemesis of all forums, coupons & deals

Everyone should post in byob, we love everyone! EVERYONE!!!!

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i can think of someone you don't like... a bully.

ps: I only joined this site in 2018 and I don't remember how or why. it's like i just woke up here one day

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 7, 2020

cda

by Hand Knit

Doctor Dogballs posted:

yeah I was in byob in its first incarnation 8) cause I'm cool and stuff BYOB got really lovely and exclusive and unchill in ~2011. There were only like 5 people posting regularly. I dont remember his username but I remember one poster in particular who was an absolute rear end in a top hat. he was this like 17 year old guy who had just dropped out of high school and constantly posted about how smart and great he was and how big of an idiot everyone else was :pwn:

Zach.

vanisher

SEMAJ ZTI GMO posted:

How was your last decade or so

cda

by Hand Knit
To be fair, one of the funniest posters I have ever known, but other people can be just as funny while also not being nearly as hurtful, so

SEMAJ ZTI GMO

cool

vanisher posted:

How was your last decade or so

Good. Went from being a 21 year old shut in living with parents to a 33 year old married guy with a nice job and two kids, lots of mtg cards, action figures, rare booze, and a novel in the works.

Edited because I forgot my own age

SEMAJ ZTI GMO fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 7, 2020

SEMAJ ZTI GMO

cool

Goons Are Great posted:

hello, hi!
I'm not old enough for the first spawn of byob just before the big bang but we are not that slow, it's just early (or late) in the day :smith:

Ehh fyad is gone, it's a long story, but you can read up on it here in the few latest entries: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=24
Anyway hi welcome back, glad to have you around

I guess I should have known that place would turn into an alt right hellhole

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
why, this is FYAD nor am i out of it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
i'm gen 1 BYOB and i will gently caress you up if you're not in my clique, watch out

----------------

SEMAJ ZTI GMO

cool

Bonaventure posted:

i'm gen 1 BYOB and i will gently caress you up if you're not in my clique, watch out

Whatup man. Long time no see

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
nm i got banned for pretending to be Joel Hodgson, then i existed as an avatar-less husk for a while until some kind gbs soul bought me this guy who looks like a golden retriever.

----------------

SEMAJ ZTI GMO

cool
Nice Haha forgot you could do that.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Joe's got a motorhome and we we take trips in it sometimes. Sally has a two kids but she and Michael aren't together anymore.

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
i should make more jokes, in BYOB; i haven't met my quota in a few months

not since ... IT happened

----------------

Goons Are Gifts

Wait, you aren't joel?? Who's gotten all my mail

SEMAJ ZTI GMO

cool
remember lowtax and Uwe Bole? Lmbo

Bonaventure

by sebmojo

Goons Are Great posted:

Wait, you aren't joel?? Who's gotten all my mail

i'm Trace and i read all your embarassing letters every week on my podcast Movie Sign With the Mads with Carolina Hidalgo and my good friend Frank Conniff-- you might know him of course as the sick and twisted mind behind The Cartoon Dump. tune in each week on Spotify to hear me and Frank rip to shreds every piece of earnest adulation, every pathetic anecdote from your mediocre life you've chosen to share with that talentless traitor, Joel Hodgson--now streaming into the ears of everyone with a Spotify account and an affinity for great podcasting content from your friends at The Last Podcast Network.

Subscribe to our patreon!

----------------

Escape From Noise

Hello! I got ran out of an earlier iteration of BYOB as SuperCheeseyBoy or something like that. I dunno. I think I went a bit crazy due to posting over winter break during my year abroad. But I'm glad you're here to post with us before BYOB get's deleted next Tuesday.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Plant MONSTER.

what would it take for me to be able to start running people out and how do I go about doing it? do I just run at them really fast? You should know I can't run fast and I get winded really easily! At that point I might collapse but don't be alarmed, I usually regain my constitution before sun down. : )

Escape From Noise

Plant MONSTER. posted:

what would it take for me to be able to start running people out and how do I go about doing it? do I just run at them really fast? You should know I can't run fast and I get winded really easily! At that point I might collapse but don't be alarmed, I usually regain my constitution before sun down. : )

You could get a rail

Plant MONSTER.

like those electric bunnies at the dog races or cocaine?

can we try both, please?

vanisher

SEMAJ ZTI GMO posted:

Good. Went from being a 21 year old shut in living with parents to a 33 year old married guy with a nice job and two kids, lots of mtg cards, action figures, rare booze, and a novel in the works.

Edited because I forgot my own age

nice

The_Rob

Blah blah blah blah!!
a fresh pair of socks

pretty nice.

SEMAJ ZTI GMO

cool

The_Rob posted:

a fresh pair of socks

pretty nice.