Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think the one about the rabbit was mouse only.

Edit: Parsnip is the rabbit game

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The 7th Guest posted:

I experienced the slo-mo on my potato laptop too, it ran better on my work laptop but crystal towers 2 seems like a game that shouldn't be all that demanding???

I suspect a lot of these aren't super optimized.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shlomo Palestein posted:

...the popup about knowing that people wanted a way to add everything to their library has disappeared, and yet I see no option to add everything to the library. I suspect they gave up.

There might be some sort of back end issue with adding 1400+ items to a profile all at once, especially if a bunch of people try and do it at the same time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Too tired to do it tonight but I'll update the OP with some of the best picks exclusive to the new bundle and such eventually.

I have both, but I'd still put good poo poo from the Black Lives Matter bundle that's also in there because there's some people who only got this one and given the volume of stuff in both bundles, there's probably stuff people would like that are in both but didn't notice the first time around.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, glad the gal who put together this bundle also personally tested all the games to make sure they weren't malware. Getting hacked because you bought a charity bundle would really loving suck, more so than most other ways you get hacked.

Edited for misgendering

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 9, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

corgski posted:

Oh yeah once you filter out the itch trash you’re left with maybe 150 games at most between both bundles.

But at least the money is going to a good cause and the purchase price of just one of the good games is more than the cost of the bundle.

Oh dear god 10 bucks between the two and you only get 150 decent to good games.

The five bangers you get that are normally 20 bucks each make it worth it and it's sometimes fun to play low budget, not quite realized dream games of indie producers. And if you're into ttrpgs there's a loving wealth of material that probably makes it worth it to people who don't play video games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Imagined posted:

Oh, it was a hell of a deal, and for a good cause. I just thought it was funny how little quality control went into it.

It was literally "anyone can contribute their work to this" the only quality control was making sure downloading something in the pack wouldn't give people a computer virus. That was sorta the point. The fact that they were able to do that with so much content is, in and of itself, a huge accomplishment.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

corgski posted:

Yeah I literally said that. But I also added that the cause alone is worth the amount I paid in.

I don't understand what your point was then.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Trans Rights in Texas bundle is already up! Not sure if this is a different one to the one you mean but it has a lot in it and it's only five bucks.

https://itch.io/b/1308/ttrpgs-for-trans-rights-in-texas

This is all TTRPGs, no videogames, and is donating to different orgs, so almost certainly a different bundle than the other one. A very cursory glance at the orgs it's donating to seems like they're decent orgs, but I don't know enough to recommend them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Ahhh, of course. Sorry! I only use itch for TTRPGs so I often just flat-out forget they do videogames as well.

Well, you should probably get this bundle, it's almost at 500 different things now and just looking at the opening page 2 of those TTRPGs are titled "Be Gay Do Crimes" and "Jonathan Frakes Wants Your Attention and You Must Not Give It to Him."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MonkeyforaHead posted:

So is this bundle doing the same thing the last two were doing where it all gets bukkake'd into your itch library at once until they push an update that only adds the stuff once you click on it? Or is it add-on-click from the start this time?

The TTRPG for Trans Kids one dumps everything into your library, but the BLM and Palestine bundles didn't.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I gave them $10 fully knowing I will probably never play any of it. Same with the other itch charity bundles.

I generally spend at least two hours fooling around with either a single game or sampling others from each of these bundles, and a movie ticket is :10bux: so I've got my money out of every single one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

JLaw posted:

I was bumping around on my Linux desktop and thought hey I should play some of my newly acquired itch.io games!

Browsing the games list, I can filter by platform (to get only Linux games) but can't restrict it to games I own.

Browsing my library of owned games, I can't filter by platform.

This seems to be true both in the desktop client and the web page.

Am I taking crazy pills here?

try this
https://randombundlegame.com/?platforms=Linux
it also has check boxes to filter out any bundles you might have missed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, I haven't checked exhaustively, because the money is for a good cause, but everything I click on only lists the current bundle, whereas previous bundles with repeats would list all the different bundles it was a part of.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Are there any solo journaling games in this bundle that are particularly good? I've been toying with the idea of creating one but I'd really love to see more examples of what fans consider good mechanics or whatever in a journaling game.

e: Particularly interested in ones that either have fun gameplay elements or are more like a solo TTRPG with journaling elements but I'm open to anything

Sweaters by Hedgehog was popular among goons in the solo rpg thread. The base game of Ironsworn is free and if you bought the BLM bundle it includes an add on for dungeons. That's more like a traditional TTRPG with stats and gaining experience to use for new abilities not just journaling prompts. There's a solo rpg thread in trade games that has people with a lot more experience than me and a ton of suggestions.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 16, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think eventually everything just gets added to your account, when I look at stuff from the older bundles it shows them being in my account and I never ran a script for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Isn't that a bad idea to use it for a charity anyway? Didn't these forums do that once and got the account locked?

There was a charity drive to buy flak jackets for military goons in Iraq that got Lowtax's paypal account frozen for a bit, but that was literally over a decade ago.