Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Covok posted:

Any good multi-player games I can play with my boyfriend?
It was already a free game, but was included in the bundle - DYO, a split-screen local co-op game where the split screen is actually a game mechanic. Each player can lock their half of the screen, and when both halves are locked, you can run over to each other's side.

It's one of those games that are great at making you feel really stupid when you can't figure it out, and then you either find the solution completely by accident or feel like a complete genius when you solve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

If you like logic puzzles, and is into wondering where the last hour disappeared to, I recommend Cardinal Chains. Simple concept - from specific starting points, create paths that follow numbers and you can only move to equal or bigger numbers - with great execution.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

lunar detritus posted:

In case someone else finds it useful, I made a random picker for the bundle:

https://randombundlegame.com/
Very good site, especially with dates now. I did see some marked as added yesterday that I'm pretty sure I saw before that, but maybe I'm misremembering. Thanks for making it!

One small issue I had that felt worth pointing out: On the browsing page, the current page is underlined on the navigation above the game grid, but not the one below. The first page also says "Showing 0 - 24 of 1509 items", though the first item is still item 1 so there's no lasting off by one error.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

MZ posted:

I finally installed the itch launcher, but a lot of the games I've added to my collection are listed as 'Buy Now' instead of 'Install', do I have to individually register these or what??
Yeah, you'll have to add them to your library. They didn't want to auto-fill each buyer's library with all the items in the bundle, which I think was the correct decision. Clicking "download" on your purchased bundle page will add the item to your library, and they know some people do want to just jam everything into their library, so a button for doing just that is in the works. But for the time being, you'll have to manually add everything you think is interesting first.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Saoshyant posted:

For anyone confused, I went to look for this one, but apparently it's been removed from the bundle at some point so anyone who didn't download it before, cannot access it currently. The author apparently doesn't know why it was removed and has requested for its inclusion again.
It appears to be because it was originally submitted from the personal account of one of the developers, which wasn't the account that actually held ownership the game. He has now resubmitted it with the dev team account that does.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

lunar detritus posted:

I just updated https://randombundlegame.com/browse with the latest (and last?) batch (from 1509 to 1640), the previous batch should say Jun 10.
Found another very minor "bug" with the site - if you filter it so that there's less than 24 items in the results, the page will still say it's showing items 1-24. So, for instance, if you check "Other", it'll say "Showing 1 - 24 of 11 items". Not at all a big deal, but thought it might be worth pointing out.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Anarcute devs have posted why the game disappeared from the bundle:

quote:

Sorry, the game has been removed because the files offered were not the good ones (a PDF explaining how to activate a Steam Serial). It is now clean, with the 32 and 64bit builds available! I hope you can put it back in.

So hopefully that makes it back in. Also hoping A Hole New World comes back, the dev posted to get it readded from the correct account, but I do see games in the bundle that was posted after that in the thread. I really want to try that.

Latest one I've tried is Silver Grapple, because I love grappling hooks. It's not a bad game, but sadly you can't do much fun stuff with the hook (at least not at the point I am, it's very mildly Metroidvania-ish and I'm suspecting there's a better hook eventually) - you can't gain speed from just swinging, once you've hooked something you can't extend or reel in the rope, and there's a limit for how long you can be hooked to one spot. So the hook is really only used as a tool to solve rooms in a pre-intended way and you can't get very creative with it.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

A Hole New World is back in!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

There's no Frog Fractions 2 in this bundle, I don't know what you people are talking about.

It's actually Frog Fractions 3, since, officially, Frog Fractions 2 was the ARG that led to the discovery of Frog Fractions 3. :v:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Been playing some Double Cross. Feels, and looks, kinda like a Wayforward game, which is probably not a coincidence given that it's by the same developers who made Runbow and Shantae was a guest character in that game. Definitely got some Mega Man Zero/ZX influence, too. Worth a try if you're into those kinds of games!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Harminoff posted:

Reky is a pretty cool puzzle game if you just want to zone out and solve puzzles.

https://beyondthosehills.itch.io/reky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCdYBVYNLiU
Started playing this and goddamn this game has an amazing aesthetic. Extremely pleasant to look at and super chill background music. Absolute top tier design.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Incelshok Na posted:

What are some of the best games without sound? My domestic life makes playing games with sound very challenging.
If you like logic puzzles, Cardinal Chains is a definite recommendation here, as it barely has any sound and what it has is extremely unimportant. Puzzle Puppers and reky are also puzzle games where the gameplay doesn't require any sound, but the audio does make the experience better in those.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

If you like Celeste, you are going to want to check out The King's Bird.

Momentum-based precision platformer, with some great flow in movement if you get it going. You can stack dashes to build up a lot of speed, and the main mechanic of the game is flying. The more speed you have when you start your flight the faster and longer you can fly.

I fully expect it to ramp up the bullshit eventually like literally everything in the genre, but I'm enjoying it so far!

Like Celeste it also does have an assist mode menu, but I haven't looked too closely at that one.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yep, there's some overlap and I've already found some stuff that looks cool in this one that it's turned out was also in the BLM bundle but I missed at the time.

Such as GNOG.

I'm keeping an eye on the submissions thread and one that's been submitted but not added to the bundle yet that I need in my life as soon as possible is Word Forward.

Also not in the bundle yet, but Hempuli has submitted Baba is You to it, so that's cool.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

New bundle, new bugs for me to find that might have been there all along but weren't found previously!

If you hit the ... in the page select, and hit OK without entering a number, hitting OK after entering 0, or just hitting Cancel, you get an empty page showing "Showing -23 - 0 of 2524 items" (which to me all seems to imply it's sending you to page zero). It's also entirely possible to input a number larger than there's pages and it sends you to that page, so inputting 200 gives you a blank page with "Showing 4777 - 2524 of 2524 items".

Also, just wondering, any reason there's 24 items per page instead of 25? Just that one empty spot preventing each page from being a perfect 5x5 square that keeps bothering me, haha.

Still appreciate the page so much, thanks a lot for your work on it!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Oh, one more thing that I don't know how consistent it is between different browsers and stuff. When I'm scrolled to the bottom, and use the page numbers at the bottom of the page to go to a different page, as the content of that page loads, it scrolls things so that when everything has finished loading I'm in the middle of the page. So if I want to see all games on that page I have to first scroll up and then back down, or vice versa, which doesn't feel optimal. This is in Firefox, 1920x1080 resolution. I'd be fine with the page either keeping me at the bottom so I could scroll up and then use the numbers up top, or just scrolled me back up to the top every time I change pages. From what I can tell, the former is what's supposed to happen, but then the images and stuff loads and pushes the content down.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The 7th Guest posted:

these games tried to squeeze in under the gun, we'll see if they get added:
They're in! From what I can see, looking at the last few posts in the thread, everything that wasn't already a free game has gotten added, so there's now 1272 items in the bundle.

Clash Force I will have to try.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Mix. posted:

cool! unfortunately they seem to have just been interspersed amongst everything already in the bundle instead of just at the end or front, so Im gonna have to re-go through the whole list again, lol
You can sort them by when they were added to the bundle at Random Bundle Game.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Hey, lunar detrius, Random Bundle Game is doing these things again:

KennyMan666 posted:

Oh, one more thing that I don't know how consistent it is between different browsers and stuff. When I'm scrolled to the bottom, and use the page numbers at the bottom of the page to go to a different page, as the content of that page loads, it scrolls things so that when everything has finished loading I'm in the middle of the page. So if I want to see all games on that page I have to first scroll up and then back down, or vice versa, which doesn't feel optimal. This is in Firefox, 1920x1080 resolution. I'd be fine with the page either keeping me at the bottom so I could scroll up and then use the numbers up top, or just scrolled me back up to the top every time I change pages. From what I can tell, the former is what's supposed to happen, but then the images and stuff loads and pushes the content down.

KennyMan666 posted:

If you hit the ... in the page select, and hit OK without entering a number, hitting OK after entering 0, or just hitting Cancel, you get an empty page showing "Showing -23 - 0 of 2524 items" (which to me all seems to imply it's sending you to page zero). It's also entirely possible to input a number larger than there's pages and it sends you to that page, so inputting 200 gives you a blank page with "Showing 4777 - 2524 of 2524 items".

Additionally, in the pagination, the underline just doesn't show up on some numbers, since it looks like the line is placed behind the number. For instance, it's completely invisible for number 3, and only a pixel of it shows for number 5.

The new look of the site is pretty slick!

Many things in this bundle I want to get around to. Demonizer is my pet pick, but I'm waiting for the new engine update before I start playing that. I really hope some of the later submissions can get sorted out, especially Evergate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Oh hey, they actually added some additional stuff. One of them being Evergate which I've wanted to try. The devs even put the game on itch specifically because they wanted to be part of the bundle.