Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO???
kermit
miss piggy
fozzie
gonzo
rowlf
scooter
skeeter
animal
somebody weird like janice or bunsen or beaker or robin or bean
goku
View Results

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cubone posted:

I remembered this episode of muppet babies where they go "inside" of wood (?)
idk how else to describe it, they go inside wood and they're like "oh, this is what the inside of wood looks like" and here's little gremlin things that live in the wood and they give you bad luck unless you knock on wood and they don't want you to knock on wood
and I looked it up just now thinking itd be less weird than i remembered but nope that's exactly what happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE7eFLhX7dU&t=580s

I remember this episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Also it's an incredible travesty that Muppet Babies is lost to the ether forever beyond the worst quality Youtube uploads. There has never been a DVD or Blu-ray release and the show's never hit streaming. I assume this is because the series regularly references live-action movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones, but Disney could easily work this out for Disney+ streaming if they wanted to... which they never will. :sigh:

I don't really know what's with Disney's abysmal treatment of The Muppets as a franchise. You can't even watch every Muppets movie on Disney+, such as the wonderful Muppets Take Manhattan, and there's nothing in terms of the original 70s TV series. The original Muppet Show has never gotten a full DVD or Blu-ray release either. It's insane!! This is TV/film history and Disney hasn't done the barest effort to preserve it and promote the franchise to fans.

Wow it's almost as if disney is loving trash

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A lot of mother fuckers thinking they gonzos but all I'm seeing is Fozzies.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

A lot of mother fuckers thinking they gonzos but all I'm seeing is Fozzies.

You say that like it is a bad thing. Fozzie is my third favorite, after Animal.

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Gonzo

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Gonzo is the only one I remember so I voted Gonzo.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Cubone posted:

if rafael was your favorite ninja turtle, who the gently caress would be your favorite muppet baby? none of them is a cool loner/rear end in a top hat
SO if you could tell me your favorite muppet baby and also your favorite of one other kids tv team as a control that would really help me with my DATA
DO NOT ASK ME WHAT THE DATA IS FOR
Raphael was my favorite. And Gonzo was my favorite. This tells me I am far more into the "loner" than the "cool" or "rear end in a top hat" parts of Raphael. Which checks out as an adult too.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

There was an episode where they learned farting was OK because the body has to get rid of gas and the nanny lady used volcanoes as an analogy or maybe it was the other way around

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Mulaney Power Move posted:

There was an episode where they learned farting was OK because the body has to get rid of gas and the nanny lady used volcanoes as an analogy or maybe it was the other way around

A volcano erupted and nanny used it as an opportunity to talk about farting? Did they live in Hawaii or something? Was nanny a fart weirdo?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Raphael was my favorite. And Gonzo was my favorite. This tells me I am far more into the "loner" than the "cool" or "rear end in a top hat" parts of Raphael. Which checks out as an adult too.

ty for the data

lol

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

A volcano erupted and nanny used it as an opportunity to talk about farting? Did they live in Hawaii or something? Was nanny a fart weirdo?

Or maybe one the muppets kept farting

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Or maybe one the muppets kept farting

I prefer my version.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Haha what do you think Piggy's diaper farts smelled like haha just as a joke

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

The Bloop posted:

Haha what do you think Piggy's diaper farts smelled like haha just as a joke

dont

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fine. The best Muppet Baby was Skeeter who has never showed up anywhere else

Also had the exact same voice as Bobby Generic

Cubone
May 26, 2011

thx

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I don't want to disrespect you, your thread, or the Muppet Babies

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Miss Piggy is by far my favorite drag queen.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

SeXReX posted:

There was that episode where they found the key for adjusting an old pair of roller skates, the kind that clamped on to your regular shoes, and that's all I can remember from any Muppets media because I'm THAT person who has only ever watched Muppet babies

We had that episode on video tape. The tape lived in our motorhome, and we exclusively watched that episode while on the road. It's burned into my brain in sepia tones (because that's also what color the motorhome was)

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gary oldmans diary posted:

i had this kermit so definitely him

i dont think the eyes were crooked on mine though

I have the Kermit and Piggy and I had no idea there was a Fozzie (the best muppet baby).

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wait did Rolf get replaced by a random loving penguin in the new version

What the gently caress

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Even as a baby myself I always hated the muppet babies.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Who What Now posted:

you son of a bitch.

get the gently caress out

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

LuckyCat posted:

I have the Kermit and Piggy
lucky! :argh:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

The Bloop posted:

Wait did Rolf get replaced by a random loving penguin in the new version

What the gently caress

I think the penguin girl is the replacement for Skeeter who never appeared again because The Muppets has an "edgy" feel aimed at families and people of all ages, so they retconned the cutesy Muppet Babies out of existence. Which is weird because it was ridiculously popular back in the day. Also Frank Oz detested Muppet Babies, which I'm sure never helped.

The newer Disney Muppets movies are kind of aimed at adults too, which further killed Skeeter coming back and I guess they forgot she existed for the new cartoon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

this is a sacred thread

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I think the penguin girl is the replacement for Skeeter who never appeared again
Nope

I mean Rolf was perhaps a bit of a POC stereotype but I'm not sure erasing him was the best move

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

How many muppet babies would it take to gently caress these guys up

Like just destroy them
Pref w/o nanny but she could be like a boss killer for the lady adult

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Also Frank Oz detested Muppet Babies, which I'm sure never helped.
a puppeteers bias against animated muppets should be easily recognized

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

The Bloop posted:

Nope

I mean Rolf was perhaps a bit of a POC stereotype but I'm not sure erasing him was the best move

I don't think Skeeter and Scooter show up as part of the regular cast from what little I've read about the new show, but you're probably right.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Wait, y'all are telling me there's a fuckin Muppet Babies reboot? I'm honestly not sure how to feel about this. Especially if they got rid of Rowlf.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tummi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxFWD2UoIZo

Obviously Gonzo is the correct real answer

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

gary oldmans diary posted:

i had this kermit so definitely him

i dont think the eyes were crooked on mine though

My sister had that Kermit and I distinctly remember that you could rotate those eyes. I don't know why, they only look right in one position.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Gonzo is Martin Prince, RIP
(Russi Taylor)

I don't remember who my favorite was, so I'm just going to guess Rowlf.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Gonzo, duh.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Gonzo. The best character in every cartoon ensemble is always the party dude.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I want this post to stand as a monument to arrogance and jealousy. Just look at that.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Gonzo / Raphael

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Smugworth posted:

How many muppet babies would it take to gently caress these guys up

Like just destroy them
Pref w/o nanny but she could be like a boss killer for the lady adult

I remember an episode of this where they hire an illiterate carpenter who can't even write his own name and the bluejay or whatever volunteers to teach him but the bluejay is also illiterate and cant write

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Muppet buttholes, they're fuzzy and they're blue
Muppet buttholes, they're often filled with glue