Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Don’t worry, the studio will get skittish about a fully subtitled movie and nix the whole idea and cast Chris Pratt in the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Don’t worry, the studio will get skittish about a fully subtitled movie and nix the whole idea and cast Chris Pratt in the lead.

I'm starting to hate seeing that guys name and I have no explanation for why

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Finally playing this game on PS5 and it’s incredible. Just unlocked the Ghost Stance and wow, that was a great sequence.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

eravulgaris posted:

Finally playing this game on PS5 and it’s incredible. Just unlocked the Ghost Stance and wow, that was a great sequence.

I love how generous it is with the timing. You can approach them at horror movie villain speed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've been thinking about this game again lately and kinda want to replay it for the millionth time even though I'm busy with other stuff. I think the biggest thing holding me back is that I don't want to do NG+ since it's been long that I need to work my way up through the stances and items again, but I don't want to sit through the unskippable cutscenes again starting from a new save. They're great, I've just seen the whole story too many times now so I'd rather blaze through them for the gameplay.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Only the first time through the game are they unskippable. When I eventually got around to NG+ I blitzed through them all.

edit: oh I misread, you want to do an actual fresh save. I think you're overestimating how long it will take you to get reacquainted with the stances and stuff.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 8, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I would probably just do an NG+ on lethal and savour the flavour. Just remember to block those arrows!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lobok posted:

Only the first time through the game are they unskippable. When I eventually got around to NG+ I blitzed through them all.

edit: oh I misread, you want to do an actual fresh save. I think you're overestimating how long it will take you to get reacquainted with the stances and stuff.

Yeah, I'll probably just give NG+ a shot. I actually do like going back to the beginning because I like the pacing of all the stance and item introductions, but that's an awful lot of time spent sitting through the story again.

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Lobok posted:

I love how generous it is with the timing. You can approach them at horror movie villain speed.

Will have to try that out. Wonder if I can crouch walk to them…

Wish I could decapitate everyone once I’m in Ghost Stance but hey.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The stances are easy because the button you need to switch to has the icon of whatever you’re trying to counter and they even match the shape of the enemy you’re trying to counter.

Cross because it’s crossing swords
Circle because shields are circular
Triangle because it’s a pointy spear
Square because it’s a big burly square guy

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

History Comes Inside! posted:

The stances are easy because the button you need to switch to has the icon of whatever you’re trying to counter and they even match the shape of the enemy you’re trying to counter.

Cross because it’s crossing swords
Circle because shields are circular
Triangle because it’s a pointy spear
Square because it’s a big burly square guy

this is genius, thank you!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I have raid builds for 3 of the 4 characters if anyone fancies a frolic. it's been so long it'd be like doing them brand new again.

My archer is not as cracked but still very good.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
PC port announced for May 16th!

Support for Ultrawide (21:9), Super Ultrawide (32:9) and 48:9 Triple Monitor.

Support for NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 3 and Intel XeSS. Along with NVIDIA Reflex and image quality-enhancing NVIDIA DLAA.

Lip sync for Japanese voiceover.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm kinda torn on getting the port for this, since it runs really well on PS5. I think 4k/60? 4k/120 + everything maxed on PC would be nice, but it's not a situation where the PS5 version was making big sacrifices (vs something like FF16 which actually will be a massive upgrade once it's finally released on PC).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's awesome. I actually forgot it wasn't on there by this point, I'm glad more folks will get to play it.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
*SLAM BUYS THE GAME FOR A SECOND TIME LIKE A PRIZE IDIOT*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I would like to do the Sushi raid again if anyone is ever putzing around over a weekend