Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Just putting this out there:
Film grain sucks, lens flare sucks, chromatic aberration sucks, motion blur sucks

Stop putting in physical flaws in film cameras into video games!

edit: Dynamic depth of field also dumb

However, dolly zoom to represent vertigo: very good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Steve Yun posted:

One thing I hate is that when you fall off ledges it feels floaty

Gravity IRL is slower than a lot of people think, a lot of games actually turn it up a little but TLOU2 doesn't.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Film grain is beautiful.

If you had gone your whole life watching digital films and CG films with no film grain would you suddenly think "wow I love having the quality of the image suck in this movie"?

No you would not, it sucks.

So it also is for lens flare et al

Stuff should be pixel crisp at all times. Use those GPU cycles on postprocessing to make the image more clear, not less!

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

a new study bible! posted:

Anyone who considers this game progressive hasn't played it.

Edit: or if one does, he probably has a baby brain, I guess.

It's progressive in the liberal representative 50%👏OF👏PRISON👏GUARDS👏SHOULD👏BE👏WOMEN way. Like how Rainbow 6 Siege features the world's most racially and sexually diverse antiterrorist squad. The Brazilian operators feature a woman who tortures and kills for intel and a black man who uses warcrime phosphorous gas.

For a AAA mainstream game, gently caress it, I'll take it.

Not everything can be DOOM +ETERNAL about the horrors of corporatism and colonial exploitation.

Or Barret talkin about complicity.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Probably should have been left at the
"Do you want me to ask about it?"
"No not really"
conversation.

From a certain point of view, many of the bad things that go down on that Day 3 are also a result of that character's stubbornness and I feel like that could've been written differently somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Also , best baby in games

This is Death Stranding erasure.