Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
This game is going to be legendary, they just can't say it's the ultimate exploitation cinema style video game because of all the articles about their labor practices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Criticizing or mocking stuff is good, being emotionally invested in it being bad is not really good even if it's for a good political cause

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I'm glad the other thread was closed because the geniuses there couldn't stop talking about Star Wars when the game clearly has more in common with First Blood

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

JBP posted:

You can slink through gaps and predator mode like a monster though. If Druckman wanted me to feel bad about these sick kills he hosed up because I'm the all slayer from hell. Also I'm at the end of day three and the darkness levels are dark lol

It's the best Rambo game of all time although Rambo 3 on Sega was cool too

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
The dog stuff much like everything else "controversial" talked up about this game prior to release was marketing, Resident Evil 2 remake was far more graphic with the violence as another example but you didn't see anybody fainting over that

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I have beaten this game (I played on Hard) and believe it is one of the best games of all time.

I had looked at the leaks and it did not ruin this game for me. There were things said which were outright wrong, and there is much, more to this game then the leaks indicated.

I liked Abby more than Ellie by the end of this game despite initially hating that character. In fact I enjoyed her sections of the game more and found them more varied and meaningful.

I also think this game is very much heavily influenced by conflict in the Middle East and the Israel-Palestine conflict. I am not just saying that because there is a Jewish character in the game or because Neil Druckmann is Jewish. If you listen to the recent Official Last of Us Podcast (ep. 1) he talks about how Israeli politics is something he still follows intently and is in his thinking when he made the game. Commentators on foreign policy have said "for each terrorist you kill, you create ten more" (i.e. radicalise the friends, family members etc of the lost person) and this game is about that theme, the endless nature of war, battles on homelands, and conflicts between ideologies and religious groups. It is a game about how the mere fact of where you are born and your location can lead you to conflicts that could leave you and the people you care about killed or lead you to do horrible things. I believe that is what Neil Druckmann has actually meant when he said this is a game about 'hate' --- the role of hate in modern geopolitical conflict and tribal/identitarian groups.

All those stealth kills, every bottle full of face... what have I done

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I don't feel like picking up my dog's poo poo so the park is closed until further notice

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

JBP posted:

I just shoot the guns and deliver the action scenes, it's up to the characters to make their various lifestyle choices and deliver dialogue.

:blastu::dogcited:   :byodood: BEAR NOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I've been clearing areas and then turning them over for stuff and found manuals, holsters etc that I could have missed and I'm sure I missed a few things but the big upgrades I've found were generally right out in the open. Mostly out of the way stuff has been materials and xp