Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

FFXIV is having a crossover event with FFXI, so I thought I'd dress appropriately:

Hard to dress like a "proper" FFXI RDM though, some of the classic pieces just can't be replicated.

This is how FFXI looks in my memories, verses when i actually dig up old screenshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

a kitten posted:

This is how FFXI looks in my memories, verses when i actually dig up old screenshots

Its true, my only recollection of FFXI is catgirls and crabs.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zil posted:

Its true, my only recollection of FFXI is catgirls and crabs.

Coincidentally the name of this wonderful little housing district on the RP server...

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
are there some elton john sunglasses somewhere

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Walrus posted:

are there some elton john sunglasses somewhere

Pince-Nez or Shaded Spectacles might be what you're looking for.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Great progress in gearing. Also, playing with image editing.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Need to know the name of that glam and if it can be dyed. Please?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Zil posted:

Need to know the name of that glam and if it can be dyed. Please?

pretty much everythings dyeable except the boots, but only the hat is in this pic. Everything dyes differently so it'd need a bit of rejigging if you want it all blue though.

Hat's the Thavnairian Turban, dyed gobbue grey.
Chestpiece is the Diamond fending armor, which you get for doing sigmascape. The extreme raids easy enough to unsync with a few people at 90
Pants are the Ala Mhigan fending pants. Titanbronze should work just as well if you dont have any centurio seals.
Gloves are the Heirloom fending gloves. Voeburtite would be the same.
Boots are Ivalician Ark Knight boots, which I think are from the Ridorana Lighthouse. These ones arent dyable so just swap them with whatever metal boots you can find, probably the diamond ones from sigmascape again.
a necklace from Skalla would really pop in this but I dont have one yet.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 29, 2022

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

I finally got the edenmorn fending coat and I've never been more on brand

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Wrestlepig posted:

pretty much everythings dyeable except the boots, but only the hat is in this pic. Everything dyes differently so it'd need a bit of rejigging if you want it all blue though.

Hat's the Thavnairian Turban, dyed gobbue grey.
Chestpiece is the Diamond fending armor, which you get for doing sigmascape. The extreme raids easy enough to unsync with a few people at 90
Pants are the Ala Mhigan fending pants. Titanbronze should work just as well if you dont have any centurio seals.
Gloves are the Heirloom fending gloves. Voeburtite would be the same.
Boots are Ivalician Ark Knight boots, which I think are from the Ridorana Lighthouse. These ones arent dyable so just swap them with whatever metal boots you can find, probably the diamond ones from sigmascape again.
a necklace from Skalla would really pop in this but I dont have one yet.

Thank you for the list btw.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

i am now fishgirl kirito

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

kirbysuperstar posted:

i am now fishgirl kirito

What game is that from? Almost looks like a Dragon Quest title.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
It's Dragon Quest X!

kirbysuperstar posted:

i am now fishgirl kirito

Hell yeah Weddy! I like your fishgirl she looks very determined

I've taken a break recently but I was no-face cupid it for a while

Saw some AFK shops last month that were very children of the corn (my Weddy is behind, Elf just happened to get in the shot):

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nancy posted:

It's Dragon Quest X!

Saw some AFK shops last month that were very children of the corn (my Weddy is behind, Elf just happened to get in the shot):

Aw hell yeah

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Today is not the day I stop using metallic brass in fuckin' every glam.

Tomorrow ain't looking so hot either.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Nancy posted:

It's Dragon Quest X!

DQX is one of those games I keep meaning to check out, but always forget after being reminded of it

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Odd Wilson posted:

DQX is one of those games I keep meaning to check out, but always forget after being reminded of it

I wanted to check it out, but I didn't think it ever got a north American release.
Same reason I never got to try the DBZ MMO

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

the_steve posted:

I wanted to check it out, but I didn't think it ever got a north American release.

Still doesn't have one somehow, but there's pretty extensive autotranslators to be had for it. If you live outside of the US, China, or Japan, you'll also need a VPN.

I know this is the place to go for info on it, it got given to me last time I asked about it somewhere: https://ethene.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

Maybe one day I'll remember it and find the time to check it out.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

the_steve posted:

Xenoverse? Both 1 + 2 were released on Steam.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

MH Knights posted:

Xenoverse? Both 1 + 2 were released on Steam.

Dragon Ball Online was a thing long before Xenoverse

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Does asynchronous multiplayer count?
Because fashion-souls is strong.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I'll allow it. Also love that second one, real Mysterio vibes.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I love mounts that are entirely too small to be practical for my character, and as such I've been chasing the Gloria like mad ever since they added Crystal Conflict.

gently caress I'm so happy.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Those propellers look very unsafe

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Since finishing the MSQ last year my primary goal has been leveling every job to create new glams. Finally done with it. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, though I will admit that while I made some modifications, I stole the basic idea of the PLD look from Eorzea Collection. I'd appreciate it if SE sped up production on the next expansion so that I have more jobs to dress. And if they added some more glam plates.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I saw this post on the FF14 Reddit page and thought, "drat, I need to step up my game!"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Crackerjack posted:

I saw this post on the FF14 Reddit page and thought, "drat, I need to step up my game!"

You merely adopted the circus; I was born in it, moulded by it

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Welcome to skyrat eye patch gang, wrestle pig!

hazardousmouse posted:

Merry new weapon day!

lol you even have the same hairstyle

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 20, 2022

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
well poo poo, might as well cross post another of my glams

hazardousmouse posted:

pearl white on the makai handgun is fuckin choice

this glam is solely responsible for me switching to mch for pvp

hm. Will I resize these? No.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Felt a bit hammer-y.

"Hmm, red on the helmet makes it look like actual hair, the blue has a good contrast with the gold on the armor, and then I'll match the hands to the secondary color for some variety."
"Nice Captain Falcon glam."
"...gently caress."

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 21, 2022

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm just wearing the latest dungeon set minus the boots, but someone sent me a Tell that they liked my glam. :kimchi:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
That looks like the sort of face someone would make if someone told them they liked their glam.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bruceski posted:

"Hmm, red on the helmet makes it look like actual hair, the blue has a good contrast with the gold on the armor, and then I'll match the hands to the secondary color for some variety."
"Nice Captain Falcon glam."
"...gently caress."

Went for Blood Falcon instead. One of those glams that makes me wish I liked playing the actual job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That looks like the sort of face someone would make if someone told them they liked their glam.

it owns when someone complements your creative, thoughtfully designed and tasteful glam but it sucks butt when someone complements your trashy bikini outfit

it was a little depressing that when i was farming commendations and realized if i ran dungeons as a nearly naked cat lady i got something like 50% more comms - a significantly bigger boost than basically any of the other things i tried to game the system with (being friendly and funny, being good, being mediocre, total silence) and on-par with dressing up like a non-final fantasy character from some other video game or anime

does anyone know if there's a free week coming up or anything? I want to produce thread content but I don't want to spend any money to do it

edit: nearly naked cat man got slightly more comms iirc