Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Not sure which guy to cheer for here. I don't care for the way Vettori acted in the hotel lobby when Roberson had to withdraw the last time they were set to square off.

But I'm disappointed in Roberson for coming in 4.5 pounds over at the weigh-ins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Vettori’s a hell of a wrestler

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

gently caress yeah.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

headbutting the cage in triumph is a weird maneuver

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Now send Roberson back up to LHW.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Roberson disproving the notion that missing weight is the 2nd best base for mma (child abuse is still number one.)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My internet poo poo the bed and I'm wondering if it was trying to protect me from this bad looking card. Has it actually been one of those surprisingly good cards where nothing looked interesting but the fights have been good?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

lmao Vettori punching the camera during the break is extremely my poo poo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jerusalem posted:

My internet poo poo the bed and I'm wondering if it was trying to protect me from this bad looking card. Has it actually been one of those surprisingly good cards where nothing looked interesting but the fights have been good?

It’s been fine. Not sure there’s anything more to say.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Been alright.

The first three fights of the night maybe lasted a combine 120 seconds if that

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

A couple of the fights were a bit slow paced but nothing has been really bad, I'd say catch up on all the fights but if you wanna skip a couple, I'd skip both fights with fighters named Rosa.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Marvin "loving" Vettori, ladies and gentlemen.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brut posted:

lmao Vettori punching the camera during the break is extremely my poo poo

Since I'm assuming this wasn't on the ESPN broadcast, look at this dumb poo poo:

https://streamable.com/ipexm0

I think you can hear the camera guy say "He knocked my camera in to focus" lmfao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I still can’t get over that this is the main

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I still can’t get over that this is the main

We just watched the main, this is the postlim.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this might be the worst looking main event ive ever sat down to watch. maybe Lobov vs. Swanson, idk, pretty close call there

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Felder keeps saying how Eye is "clearly" bigger/stronger but I think she's just fatter.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my impressions midway through: whoever wins, so does valentina shevchenko

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Brut posted:

Felder keeps saying how Eye is "clearly" bigger/stronger but I think she's just fatter.
Her coach is Bob from tekken.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

"wake up and kick this bitch" just some fantastic cornering on display

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The number one ranked flyweight vs an unranked flyweight.

Ladies and gentleman, the state of W125.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

jessica eye sucks i hate her

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

is anyone even vaguely excited to watch calvillo/valentina?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Aye Doc posted:

my impressions midway through: whoever wins, so does valentina shevchenko

Bullet vs. Zhang Weili is the only fight I care about in this division.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

jessica eye sucks i hate her

This.

49-46? 50-45? Not sure about the first round.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Aye Doc posted:

is anyone even vaguely excited to watch calvillo/valentina?

It could end in another brutal KO tbf

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

yall, did Ms. Eye just storm off angrily after having thought she won the fight? did i just see that poo poo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I guess missing weight for Eye didn't end up costing her as much as she thought it would

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i don't think i watched more than a minute of that fight. good for calvillo i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconPirate
Dec 11, 2019
https://twitter.com/DanTomMMA/status/1272002134775484422?s=19