Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's been a while since I played TIE Fighter, but I think at the very end of the final final mission, your commander says something to the effect of "Hey some poo poo's going down at Endor, let's roll."

It was more like "We await the news of triumph from Endor,"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I will repeat that my favourite campaign from Tie Fighter was the Sepan Civil War where the Empire "ended" the war between the DemocratsDimoks and the RepublicansRipoblus by kidnapping their leadership and forcing them to sign an agreement at gunpoint while the cutscenes make it out like the Empire had done a great service to the system.

Kidnapping their children.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I hope the campaign is lengthy, I know even base X-wing/Tie Fighter length is too much to hope for but still, a good dozen or so hours would be nice.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The "Win against ai in a fleet battle" challenge didn't go even when I won, anyone else having that problem?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Yep. I’m on Xbox for what that might matter.

PC via epic with me. Hmm.

I beat it on easy, not normal, I wonder if that makes a difference.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 3, 2020

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It's brilliant, just like the old ones.

Mmmmmmm... I wouldn't go that far. It's a solid update though.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Same, I did it on easy. Guess I’ll give it a crack on normal...

Update: Beating it on normal and Coop made it work, and was a lot easier than even easy mode by myself.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I've been on match 8 of my ranking test for 3 games now, people keep leaving and wrecking the ranking. This Moba ranking crap is garbage, Apex is so much better at this.

This game is so good though.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Happened again. It says it is safe to leave. Is it, really?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Lemming posted:

It is not, if you don't play it out you will get an mmr penalty

Thank you. Ugh, mmr, give me flashbacks to the League hole I fell into.

*Edit* AGAIN! This is bullshit!

Arbite fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 4, 2020

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

What do you mean? Leaving your own team and therefore wrecking your rankings?

No, any of the ten players are leaving and this causes the game to not count it (allegedly) to your MMR. The first 10 set your MMR and thus you have to repeat game # 8 in my case until you finish one that does count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Should Origin be taking up 50% of the cpu the game does? That seems high for a launcher.