Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Crooks getting off on a technicality because the investigators bungled the case in their enthusiasm to get the outcome they want is hardly a unique or difficult to understand story. But I'll shut up about it now. Sorry that you all got your hopes up that there is any justice in this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Mash posted:

A matter of days before you can skip it all in favour of "at least we're not Newcastle"

The takeover will be announced any second!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The most annoying thing is now City winning the CL won't be funny at all.

UEFA are cunts, and I don't think anyone here is standing up for UEFA. But stonewalling an investigation because "They don't see it as fair" until a statute of limitations expires is hilariously corrupt.

These arent standard legal ramifications. The CL is a closed league system that UEFA controls and can allow whoever they want in technically. The fact that they hosed it wit their own lovely laws is funny but on the other hand they should absolutely be allowed to ban a club for refusing to co operate with an investigation.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i hope whoever would have qualified over city sues uefa for failing to properly apply their own dumb rear end rules

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
since football restarted craig dawson has taken 20 of watfords 42 shots lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

Just say you wish we'd got hosed out of the Champions League because it would have been funny and enjoyable to see a rival fall flat on their face and I'd respect that a lot more
This would have owned for pretty much everyone involved so, yes.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Man lovely

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
It sounds like City was guilty of fraud but they realized that the punishment for stonewalling the investigation would be much less severe, so that's what they did.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It sounds like City was guilty of fraud but they realized that the punishment for stonewalling the investigation would be much less severe, so that's what they did.

Yeah. They took a big PR hit or whatever but they can still try to win the CL which is the ultimate goal (The Club World Cup is a joke).

Just another day on running a business. All of these fuckers have an army of lawyers and immense war chests to deal with lawsuits of all kinds.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Liverpool: that night in Istanbul

United: that night in Barcelona

City: that night in the court of arbitration for sport

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

What a reasonable system they've got set up over there. Just commit some crimes, then slow down the investigation until a ridiculously short expiration date passes, escape scot free.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

c0burn posted:

Liverpool: that night in Istanbul

United: that night in Barcelona

City: that night in the court of arbitration for sport

Please rename the thread this

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Der Shovel posted:

What a reasonable system they've got set up over there. Just commit some crimes, then slow down the investigation until a ridiculously short expiration date passes, escape scot free.

Yeah, no one in this has their hands clean but City have absolutely got away with manipulating FFP.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

Crooks getting off on a technicality because the investigators bungled the case in their enthusiasm to get the outcome they want is hardly a unique or difficult to understand story. But I'll shut up about it now. Sorry that you all got your hopes up that there is any justice in this world.

And when that happens, it's normal to think both the crooks and investigators are bad, not to think the crooks are now good because the investigators hosed up

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

sourdough posted:

And when that happens, it's normal to think both the crooks and investigators are bad, not to think the crooks are now good because the investigators hosed up

I have repeatedly said that City are bad guys in this. Pretty much every single post.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tsaedje posted:

I have repeatedly said that City are bad guys in this. Pretty much every single post.

Yes, but then you've gone on to say they were just doing "the logical extension of how football's been going for decades", that it was reasonable to not participate in the investigation, and tried to play it off as nothing significant.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Tsaedje posted:

Tsaedje this is not Vietnam, it's UEFA's FFP. There are rules, mark it as a ban dude

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i think the ksa just blew up the newcastle deal

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

pik_d posted:

Hello this is Jurgen, what should we do forums poster The "tbp" Blind "tbp" Parrot?

:phoneb::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phone:

well jurgen you should have forced them to let us get fuckin werner in the first place but now that he's gone i will settle for a clean 120m bid for erling haaland and also please get an attacking midfielder and a left back

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

Phwoar another deal done

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

kcer posted:

they'll end up buying their own rights this is a sideshow tbh.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Someone bold it!`

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1283018224204951554
https://twitter.com/SamLee/status/1283019190895628292
Lol gently caress off you whiny bald oval office.

The loving cheek of this lot of pisshounds having all their poo poo revealed in leaked emails and then pretending they are innocent and didn't do anything wrong when they skate on a loving technicality.

Especially rich when even the loving CAS concluded they were guilty as gently caress, and just didn't uphold the original sentence.

E: on the other hand Marcus Rashford is insanely cool and good.

https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1282971119864119297

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 14, 2020

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
In callous disregard for the careful posting segregation in The Wagatha Christie, I would like to report that Wigan are up 7-0 against Hull at half time

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Mourinho's got it right.

quote:

“It’s a disgraceful decision,” Mourinho said. “If Man City is not guilty of it, to be punished by some millions is a disgrace. If you’re not guilty you’re not punished. In the other way, if you’re guilty you should be banned. In any case, it’s a disaster.

“I’m not saying Man City is guilty. I’m saying if you’re not guilty you don’t pay. You are not punished, even with a pound. I know that money is quite easy for them but it’s just a principle. Why are you paying £8m or £9m if you are not guilty? If they are not guilty the decision is a disgrace. If you are guilty the decision is also a disgrace. My criticism is not for Man City. I’m nobody to know if they’re guilty or not. My criticism is for the decision.”

Mourinho was asked whether he felt City had got lucky. “Maybe they got unlucky,” he replied. “Maybe they don’t deserve to be punished by one single pound and they were punished in £8m or £9m. Maybe they’re a victim, maybe they did nothing wrong and they’re a victim of paying so many millions for nothing.”

Mourinho also mentioned how “other clubs” had previously avoided European bans following allegations of financial wrongdoing. “I truly believe FFP is gone. So new owners, probably they will have this feeling of the circus opened the door so let’s go and enjoy it.”

Klopp's take ftr:

quote:

“I really hope that FFP stays because it gives at least kind of borders where you can go to but not over it,” Klopp said. “I think that is good for football. If you start doing it like nobody has to care any more at all, and the richest people or countries can do what they want in football, then that could make the competition really difficult. I think that would lead automatically to a kind of world super league with 10 clubs. I don’t know exactly the clubs. It depends then not on the name of the clubs but the people who own the clubs.”

Klopp admitted that, from a self-interested perspective, he was happy for City to have Champions League football next season because a reduced fixture schedule would otherwise hinder Liverpool’s chances of retaining the Premier League title. But he believes the Cas decision could pave the way for overspending.

“From a personal point of view I am happy that City can play Champions League next year because if I think about the league and City has 10-12 games less for resting players I don’t see any chance for any teams in the league to be honest. Apart from that, I don’t wish anybody anything bad.

“Like I said I am happy that City can play Champions League but I don’t think it was a good day for football yesterday to be honest because I think FFP is a good idea. It is there for protecting teams, protecting the competition. That was the idea in the start that nobody overspends. That the big clubs before the season have to make sure that the money they want to spend is based on the right sources, let me say it like this.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ool-disgraceful

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
gently caress, I agree with Mourinho.

Ugh.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

gently caress off Mourinho. Bet he wouldn't be saying the same poo poo had ffp been a thing when Abramovich was spaffing billions on his team.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

gently caress off Mourinho. Bet he wouldn't be saying the same poo poo had ffp been a thing when Abramovich was spaffing billions on his team.

:emptyquote:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

E: on the other hand Marcus Rashford is insanely cool and good.

https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1282971119864119297

Some of the comments on that tweet, what the gently caress is wrong with people?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

CyberPingu posted:

I like this post

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Der Shovel posted:

Lol gently caress off you whiny bald oval office.

:ironicat:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Butterfly Valley posted:

I like this post

why

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Because I agree with it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

Because I agree with it

Just because I think Mou is the last person to try he all holier than thou about this situation doesnt mean that Pep isn't also being a whiny oval office.

Just lmao at the audacity of asking for an apology

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

CyberPingu posted:

it's loving uefa bro

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Trump style.

e - Where is the transfer thread? Can I post my google translated rumours here?

Apparently, spurs are after "monster" a south korean centre back.

"[Exclusive] Min-jae Kim, Tottenham transfers suddenly… Adjusting transfer fees between clubs

Football team defender Kim Min-jae (24, Beijing Guan) is flying to Tottenham, England's professional football.

An official familiar with the European football transfer market said on the 15th, "As for Kim Min-jae's transfer, negotiations are underway between Beijing Guoan and the Tottenham club. Both teams are positive about the transfer." While the transfer fee was suggested, Beijing proposed a higher level of 17 million euros (about 23 billion won), and the two sides are in tune."

It is said that the recruitment of Kim Min-jae was actively pursued by the high-ranking team of Tottenham. Tottenham is struggling with a lot of defense deficit this season, and he intends to solve this problem through the recruitment of Kim Min-jae, one of the best in Asia. One of Tottenham's central defense resources, Jan Vertongen, is likely to leave the team at the end of the season."

Jippa fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jul 15, 2020

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

it's loving uefa bro

So?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
its dick dastardly asking for an apology from darth vader

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CyberPingu posted:

Seriously. Do they honestly think nobody remembers all the leaked emails where they basically say they know what they're doing is illegal as gently caress and gloat that UEFA will never catch them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I mean, we were right.

Also lmao 'illegal', we were accused of breaking arbitrary made up UEFA rules that if they'd existed years ago and been applied across the board would have stopped half of the big clubs of Europe from becoming so, but if you desperately want to believe your football club being used to siphon money from Indonesian noodle suppliers and Kazakh paint companies or whatever the gently caress into the pockets of fat American vultures is more in the spirit of the beautiful game then fine you do you

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 15, 2020