Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bram got arrested for domestic battery a couple years ago in Florida if memory serves, i think after he and Charlotte split

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it felt like Joey Ryan had such a wall of "I'm aware of what this looks like, we're acknowledging it and addressing it" like that I just assumed it would hold up. I wasn't even a huge fan of the guy but I more than once stuck up for him on this board or with other fans that he seemed to be ok.

But in light of all this it seems like Ryan either lies to himself with all that public stuff or he's intentionally using it as cover for his private poo poo. And I personally feel a little lovely for buying in and advancing it.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. Most of us as fans only ever saw what Joey wanted us to see. Without these stories coming out most of us would have had no idea how terrible he really was behind the scenes.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

Are there any feds, big or small, that we know to be run by actual good people who are doing their best to prevent toxic backstage culture? I don't want to give up on wrestling but I don't want to support the toxic sludge that represents most of this business right now.

I've yet to hear a bad word about CHocoPro, and I'd imagine more than a few small local indies aren't run by dirtbags, they just aren't heard of because they're small local indies.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HOT! New Memes posted:

When stuff like this happens is their any concern that a troll would completely make something up that can’t really be proven false and ruin someone’s career?

It seems like one false anonymous allegation could really destroy someone.

I’m taking all the allegations that come out as fact but it is unnerving how easy it would be to ruin someone’s life if you wanted to

False accusations pop up every so often and by and wide they've never gone anywhere. The talking point of "someone could be ruined if they're falsely accused" is largely a myth.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dacap posted:

This is like the text from those algorithm Facebook ad t-shirts that’s printed over a picture of a grim reaper with a gun

that's exactly what it is, jesus

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hopkins FBI posted:

barnacle jim lookin' rear end

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rotinaj posted:

am i wrong or is cancellation misspelled in that, too

Being petty, but I think I'm allowed to be petty

Either way is correct :eng101:

The 2 L version is pretty common but 1 L is still correct as I've always understood it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kirios posted:

only place that will book him

Five star

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Huntman posted:

Putting in "@SuperKingofBros" and then linking a very serious document is just something else.

it really is

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

WWE's pretty clearly letting Riddle hang himself at this point. I don't know if they're doing much with him on TV but this strikes me as them keeping a pretty good distance from Riddle without outright firing him.

Not saying that's particularly good or bad, just how it seems.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He basically wants the accusers to retract their accusations so he can play the "THIS WAS DISPROVEN IN A COURT OF LAW" card

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

If yall are still taking about 90% of Aphro's posts seriously then that's on you.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jeeeeeeesus christ :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lid posted:

He's Austin Theory

He's the Velveteen Dream

Together

They are the Legion of Groom

holy loving poo poo :eyepop:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lily Catts posted:

I would like it if we didn't use CTE or other injuries to excuse lovely behavior because it belittles other people who have those AND don't act awfully

Very same

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo shut up about jazz music and manchester

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fatherofmustard posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1364617845074763784

It's New Japan. IDK why Sean put this behind a paywall, bad move on his part.

clickbait's been a thing for ages now. clickbait plus paywall is just the next step

E: lmao he turns off replies so people don't call him out on it

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1364626625665654788

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Is that awesome kong behind Rhi/yno too?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao this is tremendous

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1366844619296825351

E: the original event tweet was deleted but this is Fite's response to it

DJExile fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 2, 2021

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

I have several friends who say Matt Riddle was exonerated. From what I remember when I was following this, that was some bullshit. But I haven't been paying attention for a few months. Riddle is still a bad guy, right?

I could be wrong but I don't think any of Riddle's accusations crossed the line to full criminal investigation. That doesn't really 'exonerate' him, I suppose, but there you are.

E: oh wow that sent way late. Yeah ignore me.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that CD label press release is one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/LaynieLuck/status/1371922636096294913

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/IandrewDiceClay/status/1377676386941407233

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

what the absolute hell

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1389209950048514049

ok who is everyone vaguetweeting about here because I am totally lost

E:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh Jesus yeah the MY SHARED FANDOOMMMM thing is unbelievably stupid.

Lamuella posted:

And frankly if we're going to judge promotions by the worst people in their fandoms then absolutely nobody and nothing is safe.

This is exactly it, yeah