Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Problem description:A process for DraftSight (AutoCAD alternative) occasionally hangs around after I close the program. The program window disappears, then the fans ramp up within 10-15 seconds as the process consumes all available CPU cycles, eventually bringing the system to a crawl until I manually end the process. It happens at least one in every 10 times I close the program. I can't recall any instances of any other program doing this.

Attempted fixes: Uninstalled/reinstalled the software, restarts, quitting via File>Exit instead of the titlebar X. The next attempted fix will be to pony up the extra $$ for AutoCAD LT :mad:

Recent changes: None

--

Operating system: Win10 Pro for Workstations v2004

System specs: ~6 month old Thinkpad P1 Gen 2, Xeon E-2276M, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, Quadro T2000

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

e: I am a huge rear end in a top hat and forgot a tag.

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Try a clean install of the graphics driver, manual install of the latest chipset driver, and latest BIOS update from Lenovo, I'd say. I don't think this is it, I think a software monopoly's got you by the balls if this is messing up mission critical work, but it's worth a shot before caving and paying.