Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

the image of lowtax in my head for the last few years has been a quadriplegic person confined to a bed and all of these abuse allegations are starting to make me think that is incorrect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

935 posted:

Why do administrators live with him in the first place

i've heard it's similar to south Korean StarCraft pros living in a house together so they can practice all day, except you are honing your forums modding abilities

the recent stories of abuse taking place at these pro gamer houses apparently supports this theory

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

deleting FYAD to protect the image of my internet forums while also committing physical violence against my girlfriend (?) and engaging publicly about it on facebook

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Blockhouse posted:

Lowtax isn't going to go this forum is his only source of income and he's going to bleed whatever he can out of it

The actual most likely outcome is everyone who says anything about it gets banned and he just leans into it, to continue the GAF comparison

this will probably continue happening repeatedly until every subforum is banned as a whole except for the ones that support domestic abuse (Goons in Platoons, ???)

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

A4R8 posted:

Lowtax the Trump of the forums

when a 70 year old lowtax wins the presidential election as a libertarian candidate we will know deep down that it was all our fault

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

lowtax posts the audio recording that he claims is of Logan threatening to frame him; the voice of Logan is played by schmorky

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

punishedkissinger posted:

My point is that we could easily just get generic message board up and register somethingbetter.com. getting everyone to move will be tough but we could leave invites open for a couple weeks. i honestly have no idea how expensive it is to host something like this board though so that could be a hurdle.

vBulletin has cloud solutions that handle everything for $15-$60 a month depending on your bandwith usage, or you can buy the software for $250. Xenforo is only available to buy outright for $160+

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

btw if you have a patreon account you can report Lowtax's patreon for "Something they've done outside of Patreon > This creator is harmful > This creator is bullying or harassing"

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

i vomit kittens posted:

btw if you have a patreon account you can report Lowtax's patreon for "Something they've done outside of Patreon > This creator is harmful > This creator is bullying or harassing"

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

i still can't believe lowtax managed to give the fbi the slip after they paid him a visit when he's admitted multiple times on these very forums that he is a domestic terrorist

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Old Story posted:

I don't really browse the forums that much anymore and will admit that I'm mostly ignorant about forums drama and personalities, but if this is true why the gently caress didn't this revolt happen earlier? Did nobody know?

last time it happened (the first incident i was here for), i never saw any side of it other than Lowtax saying "my crazy wife ran away with my kids and money!" i don't know if that's because of mod policing or if i just didn't check gbs enough, but either way better late than never

lowtax beats women

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

cum posted:

The owner of bread and roses rummages through medical waste bags to look for foreskins to suck on

who among us

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Obeah posted:

Imagine being a mod with two drafts written: a post decrying Lowtax and proclaiming a new era if he miraculously decides to walk away from his primary source of income and another where he returns and immediately bans half the active posters where you denounce getting mixed up in other people's personal lives and jumping to conclusions.

Imagine how many times you'd double check to make sure you were copying and pasting the right one.

truly this is their "astronauts on the first flight to the moon" moment

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

garfield hentai posted:

i can picture lowtax trying to get some IT job because he has "experience with computers" and when someone offers him an entry level desktop support job he'll turn it down because he thinks his 20 years of having people write awful code for him makes the job beneath him. then he'll complain online about how it's everyone else's fault

thank you for calling xenforo technical support my name is richard how can i help you today?

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

did someone make sure to archive Wayne Gretzky's ball pics?

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

tbh it would kind of own if Jeffrey assumed ownership of the forums and then immediately shut them down anyways

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Lord Stimperor posted:

How could that be corroborated? I missed that.

Like I get why you say it's obviously coerced because that's exactly how it looks. But I've also seen people in mental distress having very similar breakdowns that originated. In the end it doesn't matter much, she needs help and safety and even if Lowtax weren't actively battering her, his presence doesn't seem to help.

I'm too lazy to find it but she made a text post the day after basically saying he was telling her she had to do that because it was all her fault and she was ruining his life/her favorite website

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

One thing about the recording:

I didn't listen to it because I'm still hosed up from that video, but how did it get out? It couldn't have "leaked" unless lowtax posted it somewhere.

Did he post that audio to kiwifarms himself?

it's a discord attachment so I'm assuming he either sent it to someone/posted it on a Discord server who decided to share it

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

tithin posted:

Getting a real Budd Dwyer feeling from this stream

nah Budd Dwyer still had assets to protect for his family lmao

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

zer0spunk posted:

please pull out a revolver as the next cookie

Leadbelly

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Tato posted:

THE WORLD IS YOURS....

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

#hiddenmangosteen

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

lowtax, laughing nervously: "more like night of the wrong wives, am i right fellas?"

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

my kink is findom expressed through getting owned until my patreon dries up completely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Strumpie posted:

when do you come?