Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Who’s Logan Day? I googled it and it said they were a hockey player
She famously was building a multi-faceted approach to maximize the brand of SA, relying on cross-audience strategy to strengthen the Frontpage and maybe leverage the YouTube and TIKtok-famous Lowtax's streams.

She also said "yeah the forums don't make money so the're not really a priority " and that got some folks heated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Blitter posted:

Seems like a nice professional business relationship.
Lol what the fux

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

VideoGames posted:

I wish it were under different circumstances.

I love Games. I love talking about video games. I tried to get rid of the extreme negativity that were in a lot of Games threads and tried to be more positive about things and hope people would follow. Right now I just feel at a loss.
Please know that we appreciate the work you put in. :glomp:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Moola posted:

I'm really happy people are coming round to calling out burt for being a stupid rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo

I hated that guy before it was cool :cool:

:hmmyes:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SniperWoreConverse posted:

people have always asked him to post more and be more active but he said no because either mangosteen juice jokes or because he just didn't feel connected with the original spirit of the forums or some poo poo
From what I gather he kind if hated that he couldn't go outside of FYAD without a bunch of people flocking to his posts.

I.e. he couldn't say "I hated Soundwave, Starscream for life" without people going "Hey when Titan 3.0" or "why forums bad" and he had incredibly thin skin about stuff like that and huff off.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Remember Laci Green?
I like to drop this whenever she comes up
she was on This American Life

From what I recall she's off to be a nursing student now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Imagine if Frags had a good workout regimen and protein intake. My man would be a beffy swole thiccsteak.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Frank Frank posted:

911 Carrera S no less. Neither of those are cheap vehicles. I wonder what the lease payment is on a brand spanking new GT-R because I bet you it's more than 1k per-month.
Wonder how long he can tread water before he goes bankrupt.
Forums: 350
Coder: 20
Mods: 0
Mortgage: 4500
Autos leases: 7820
Spinefund: 20
Cookies: 3400

Plz someone who is good with money halp.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Quite A Tool posted:

This sums it up pretty well.

It’s not benevolent it’s condescending. I get what you’re trying to do but it’s unlikely it’s going to be received the way you want it to.
Ah thanks. As someone that's bilingual that got under my skin somehow.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because Pick mentioned they had been around but were *just* about to start work inside and somehow didn't think to speak to them about it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

quote:

I'm ready to drop it, I'll just ask them to be supervised. It's done, over.
I know this isn't the thread for it, but when people mention how over this gimmick they are, it's poo poo like this that does it.

It's just deliberate upping the haughty trolling (Sign. Concierge. Supervision) to make sure the joke is dead as all gently caress.

Zeta Acosta posted:

Está bien mirar pero no toques nada. Or if you want to be literal Eres bienvenido a mirar la taxidermia pero no toques nada. I would go with the first one
Really just "Favor de no tocar" would be fine.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 30, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Spinz posted:

I'm thinking how I no way want to touch any taxidermied thing I've ever seen
It's a promising troll that gets insulting at the expense of the Spanish speaking workers.

The idea of a bunch of taxidermied animals is weird enough that it could be fruitful. And the translation request could have been used creatively. But instead the focus is on this weird liberal "I'm accommodating the low people and should be applauded" thing. It then becomes various flavors of infantilizing the workers and loses all enjoyment.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ok, which one of you is an Onion staff writer?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

quote:

Is he supposed to check with you for permission about what kinds of cookies and cars he can have?
Charity often doesn't have preconditions, but that doesn't mean the donor can't feel used or taken advantage of if the result of the charity is someone using that in a way that seems wasteful.

3 cars definitely seems wasteful and it makes more sense to sell one of those off to help offset the medical debt, for example.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Relayer posted:

Sure, so call him a greedy bastard. What the hell does that have to do with whether or not he BEATS WOMEN, which is an insanely serious charge
I didn't bring those allegations in to what I said and quoted tho.

Though, I can see a one-two punch of the accusations followed by the financial revelations leading to people not trusting what he has to say.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Relayer posted:

Sure, and they are probably right. But let's not turn into a witch-burning mob! I'm sorry for my radical view of not burning the witch, guys. I'm really sorry.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

There's surely anger at his priorities, but the patreon contributors aren't obligated to support his lifestyle. Especially when he's been evasive about the financials before.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
K now dub in the casket song.

Is that Internetgral?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Phlegmish posted:

Say what you will about Lowtax, but he never ethnically cleansed entire regions/deported minority groups based on mostly fictional accusations, leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.

Still a piece of poo poo though
Star of Yiffy much? 8:smaug:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Applewhite posted:

If you’re donating pants, I think this guys needs them just a little bit more:
I thought the average was 8 inches. This is disturbing.

D1E posted:

LOL some idiot posted a theory that this all was a marketing scheme between Lowtax and Toad on a Roll to increase traffic to the site.
Lowtax, we can increase the users on the board. All it takes is nuking your income and public identity!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LabyaMynora posted:

He got to have sex with a 26-year-old for a little bit.
Is this like good somehow? Is it reverse wine rules where 40 year old pussy is bad, but a vintage 22 is divine?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LabyaMynora posted:

It's not my mindset, it's his. I'm pointing out how pathetic he is, I'm sorry if it's coming through as anything else.
Sorry didn't mean to imply that. Was more hoping we'd get some good dunks in like "20 year olds are at the prime age where designer cookies and Kramer hair get them moist"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hard counter posted:

what kind of space dick does piccolo have
He's a plant. You ever seen a dick on a plant, son?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

UHD posted:

carefully
I quickly learned that using scissors to trim in the shower was not a good idea.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Why'd they make Flanders' dick so small.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CubanMissile posted:

I want to do this but I'm terrified of an article I read once that said 15% of people who get the operation suffer chronic pain afterwards that no one knows why or what to do about it.
That was from older methods where they would literally tie the ends of the vas deferens to prevent them from recannelization.

Newer methods take a length out (2-5mm?) To create a gap, and some methods involve an injection of a sterile saline liquid at the ends or titanium caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Brb adding 'herculean dicksize' to my Tinder