Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Zerilan posted:

I will check this place out when I have a tenbux to spend to register.

join their discord and talk with someone, the paywall on BNR was primarily in place to act as a filter, not revenue generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

haha number go dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

T-man posted:

That post is the strongest possible piece of evidence that Lowtax is a piece of poo poo and is scared.

Run piggy run, you hosed up and now the gravy train is gone. Suck my lady dick.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hopkins FBI posted:

Reene was banning people years ago for accusing Lowtax of beating one of his wives, so

uh

among the mods of BNR are people who were floated as mods of CSPAM before being shut down because the people currently in charge of SA didn't trust them to play ball with all the dirty and stupid poo poo that happens behind the scenes here, which is about the strongest endorsement of those BNR mods possible

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 26, 2020

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Fellatio del Toro posted:

has anyone made an offsite QCS yet

here you go

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

registered under new acab name because never liked this one anyway gently caress it

also lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

eonwe posted:

p sure half the people on bnr dislike me

there were good reasons behind you being declined from the discord, don't play the pity party card

and as noted you could just, and likely already have, simply register under a different name and get away scott free forever by employing the one weird trick of not being poo poo over there

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Alien Arcana posted:

If you think about it this is kind of like a :toxx: thread

wait poo poo

can't wait to watch myself get banned live on stream

again

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Quetzadilla posted:

Ask not for whom the monkey's paw curls, QCS, it curls for thee.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Yinlock posted:

bnr's leadership is dumb like everyone else but in an endearing "what does this button do" way rather than an "actively enable nazis" way

it's absolutely a small clique-run web forum, but the clique are good decent people and the site may yet grow beyond that

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Lightning Knight posted:

I can’t watch this at work, can anyone give me a summary.

it's a victim of abuse, op

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

it doesn't matter if she's mentally unstable, it doesn't matter if she's an alcoholic, and it doesn't even matter if this one specific claim made was false

her behavior aligns with that of victims of long-term abuse, and Lowtax's behavior both in regard to this incident and the prior incidents is that of a compulsive abuser

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

TheHoosier posted:

yo if you're still giving him money maybe try giving to something like:

a women's shelter
Domestic violence charity
a bail fund
big tiddy Twitter leftist

anything but Tax, really

i think it's rapidly coming to the point that the only people still paying will be people who forgot about it

in general for charitable donations/work i focus on local women's shelters, they tend to be charities which are in constant need of donations/support and which directly support some of the most vulnerable people in your community

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Son of Man posted:

She's being accused of being an alcoholic (as an attempt to mitigate her victimhood, presumably), but that's basically an ad hominem in that her being a drunk doesn't preclude her being a victim of battery. Hell, an addict may be using to cope with the abuse or their abuser may be using the addiction to control the victim.

winner winner chicken dinner

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

The current CSPAM mods didn't that I'm aware of, but much of the current senior leadership of this site has been aware of this for a long time and have actively worked to suppress it on the forums in the past.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

ngl gonna super enjoy watching a man who built a little internet empire off of bullying people finally find out for real

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

T-man posted:

It also came after the TMR trans thread debacle with Fluffdaddy, which looking back seems to be on the same thru line as FYADgate and now.

I really hope the offsites reject that gently caress, he's a lot like lowtax.

i wouldn't worry too much

as you've seen, people here notice things, even if they don't post due to the reprisals that almost always come

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

thank you

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

T-man posted:

Also a lot of people with professional, personal, and even first hand abuse experience are saying it's abuse.

yes

the woman in that video may actually be telling the truth as she sees it, and it does not alter the reality that she is a very clear victim of abuse

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Obeah posted:

Good morning. Someone post the drat "I'LL NEVER TAKE A BATH" motocross pics.

:siren:Primer/Refresher for Anyone Interested:siren:

This is/was an admin and marketing consultant for SA who, for a time, lived with Lowtax after meeting him during the collapse of his previous marriage.

She has since retracted her claims, though the veracity of this retraction is... suspect for a variety of reasons.

Warning: very uncomfortable video.
https://www.facebook.com/1503357396/videos/10216979537629666/

A major part of the skepticism is the unhealthy relationships Lowtax has had with the women in his life over the years, and his constant shifting of blame anytime anything relating to them comes to the forum's attention. Perhaps the most damning examples are the very, very recent (as of this year) abuse claims and custody issues Lowtax has been contending with.

Lowtax posted a large thread detailing his side of the story. Anyone looking to question him was... not treated well. The same went for anyone donating to the GoFundMe of his wife (well-liked user LadyAmbien), who had taken refuge in a women's shelter.

And the lengthier reports here:

https://twitter.com/H3yY0000/status/1276000545451446273

https://twitter.com/H3yY0000/status/1276000546902749185

https://twitter.com/H3yY0000/status/1276000548341374979

When goons finally came to their senses and were free to wonder what the gently caress was up with this bullshit, mods/admins involved had the following things to say.

Look, a primary part of why we probated and banned people for contesting Lowtax's claims of a wife conspiracy were to protect those wives' right to privacy in the thread where their abusive ex-husband repeatedly and confidently posted details regarding their private lives and legal stituation.

And Burt's very respectable response!

It is not yet apparent if the forums will be deleted, censored, sold, or handed over. Existing offsites, discord groups, etc. are popping in to welcome new people. New ones are being created. There isn't much consensus as to which of these are the most likely or preferable outcomes. A lot of us are just wanting to say our peace and will play it by ear afterwards. I expect to be banned in all likelihood.

Do what you want. My advice is this: unsubscribe from Lowtax's patreon, stop spending money on the forums completely and most importantly:

:siren: Donate! To RAINN! :siren:

https://donate.rainn.org/donate
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929249

All of this brought to you by

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Quetzadilla posted:

Multiple underage rape accusations which, given Maynard's whole "thing," are way more likely to be true than not. The women didn't want to be identified though so of course nothing further will happen and everyone will just pretend it's all cool.

https://twitter.com/IWas17HeWas36/status/1010337544637067264?s=20

jesus christ

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Kaedric posted:

Gotta be honest, I wouldn't want to go to a new version of SA run by the same band of moderators/admins. The insane amount of secrecy about every decision in the past 2ish years etc, and the obvious clinging to a modicum of power. It's just gross.

they don't and won't understand that they are in fact a part of the problem

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Agean90 posted:

if I were conspiracy minded if think it odd that the staff of an off-site that's grown massively prior to this is getting slandered all the sudden and banned when they point it out

Even more so when there's a solid chance said slanderers are building their own off-site, but hey I'm not conspiracy minded. After all its not like the people directly complacent with abusive behavior would ever make themselves look like the only reasonable option right?

like every other time this happens it's not a conspiracy, it's just baby-brained morons on a power trip

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nothing too surprising. The people who are extremely lovely on SA are also extremely lovely in private, no surprise there. My favorite part was axeil constantly writing revenge fanfiction of what he would do if he were made a mod. Like, I saw him talk about smiting his posting enemies if he was made a mod several times. That was my favorite lol

fuckin lmao holy poo poo

i always thought he was an aggressive troll, not actually that pathetic

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

T-man posted:

Remember how he had a meltdown over my posting in IoSM because I was too political and trans positive? He sent me this a while afterwards once I stopped posting as much (or as well) and it creeped me right the gently caress out.

LaB was incredibly nice and helpful the whole time and she doesn't deserve what this website did to her.

he's just so proud of you!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

T-man posted:

Athanatos is the loving worst for this, and he talks the same way if you waste your time and bother PMing him. He is a goddamn HR department made flesh, a golem made of paperwork and rear end covering.

well yea they needed a good cop to counteract fluffdaddy just rolling into every thread fists swinging at everyone he didn't like the look of while reading nothing

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

T-man posted:

A "good" cop who as far as I can tell did absolutely nothing the entire time.

yea the purpose of the good cop isn't to actually be good, it's to trick stupid people into thinking they're dealing with someone reasonable

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

the real fun gonna kick off when they go on a rampage through these threads and purge all of us who had the temerity to talk poo poo during these wild days then shortly after start panicking and trying to backtrack

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

triple sulk posted:

forums still alive?

what is dead may never die

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Jeff knew about, encouraged, and defended PPJ's nazi discord shenanigans

that was a fun thread, we should do that again some time

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Lol the new announcement.

Gulp here we go

'ERE WE GO 'ERE WE GO

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

no seriously, how much. how big was the blood diamond that paid for this

$500 and some KFC coupons

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is this real?

https://twitter.com/LABasedComedian/status/1276333140550643713?s=20

Surely his mother the lawyer would prevent him from going on some nazi radio show and exposing his crimes while he was in the process of being divorced and losing all rights to see his children?

buckle up buckos

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

god drat i love Prester Jane

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

karma_coma posted:

can someone tell me the story of prestor Jane?

extremely self-aware insane person who's right more often than not

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Nix Panicus posted:

Also I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all these offsites and feeling like I have to pick between them. Which ones don't suck? Which ones have let crew culture metastasize into a cancer that will eventually take down their entire community?

There's only one real offsite, but while it's definitely SA-adjacent they're trying to do their own thing and the forum culture is, while similar, also different enough that it's not the same atmosphere SA has, for better and for worse.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

THOT PATROL posted:

this show is going to be loving amazing

the greatest show on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

oglethorpe2020 posted:

post your dogs

that is a very handsome dog :3: