Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

A cop AND a rolecop. Because that seems so likely.

Well who is lying then? You’re kind of just throwing shade at both here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Looked back at NGO and other then the DBD case which was so so there is a lot of asking pointless questions and filler posts and that's about it. Lots of "content lurking" as they say

Yeah hi I said all this yesterday. Nice to meet you.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

hambeet posted:

Well who is lying then? You’re kind of just throwing shade at both here.

I feel like it's Taste, as I say when you get to my post about how much he has posted.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

I guess I agree, I don't think Jen X was killed by an arsonist, I think Jen X was killed by you. And if you flip scum as I suspect you will, scum killing scum seems like it will be proof something like that is going on.

##vote t a s t e

Amnistar posted:

##vote taste

Okay wow. Sub Rosa that’s bad, but Amni swooping in so eagerly with what I think is meant to be some sort of lame gotcha is worse.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

So...you don't think that Pera killed Jen. You think someone else killed Jen. And your response is to say "spoonsy is lying" and not "oh poo poo, DBD is caught by spoonsy"?

This is scum play.

t a s t e posted:

The final idiot has chimed in

I’ve called you a liar the entire time and give no credence to your list

t a s t e posted:

Dbd isn’t confirmed to have 50% control of a night kill independent of whatever scum have

hmm okay I want to think about this more.

I’m not sure I would have gone for solus over dbd in this situation but tastes answer about why kind of has a logic to it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

t a s t e posted:

Note how spoonsy was Dead Set on lynching DBD yesterday until the cop claimed and suddenly I’m the target lol

Hmmm yes actually.

I must admit I’ve not given spoonsy any real thought beyond their initial claim.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

I currently do not think there is role manipulation. I do think there is a busdriver or some sort of redirection.

Merk, the issue I have with you is that you aren't really casing people.

DBD the issue I have with your claim is it doesn't seem like a town role on one hand, because duplicating a power seems like it would be super good for scum and a good reason to make one of them vanilla.

Taste the issue I really have is your signal to noise ratio. Tons of noise with very little information throughput.

I don't like how NGO is playing. I never like how NGO is playing.

I literally forgot hambeet was in this game, despite them having a decent number of posts.

Amnistar seems to be lurking, and that's really different to how I remember them playing. We're on D3 and they still only have 1 page of posts despite subbing in really early.

This is the second time you’ve mentioned forgetting me.

Did I forget your birthday or something?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

I will probably not volunteer to replace into future games, I apparenrly cannot get into them the same way I do normally.

Okay, but can you try get into this one seeing as you’re here now?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

I feel like it's Taste, as I say when you get to my post about how much he has posted.

but the claim?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf you’re quiet today.

Tokes?

Hal?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also dgk I don’t know how you could forget I’m in the game when I post 20 posts in a row.

Ohhh it’s because i called you dkg earlier, isn’t it?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay now I’m even more tired and sober, I’m going to bed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Yeah hi I said all this yesterday. Nice to meet you.

Yeah well you have a funny accent and sometimes it’s hard to understand ok?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

hambeet posted:

but the claim?

His play is bad. He's copped two people who it would be easy to fake, since he claimed to have copped the flipped scum after the flip and a town. Which he would know was town if he is scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

Also dgk I don’t know how you could forget I’m in the game when I post 20 posts in a row.

Ohhh it’s because i called you dkg earlier, isn’t it?

Kind of yes, but also you haven't really said WHO is scum in your opinion you just quote posts and say words that MIGHT mean that.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah well you have a funny accent and sometimes it’s hard to understand ok?

Reads please

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why did DBD completely fall off the radar of people here? His JX content d1 hasn't changed and he spent d2 trying to WIFOM about death millers and pushed a self-aligned player. He still continues to WIFOM about death millers.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I believe taste over DBD if we're going with a dumb fallacy of "you can't have a role cop and cop" too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm thinking hal

## vote hal

Reasons

1. Criminally low post count. I know I know that's not enough of a reason on its own but

2. the posts have poor content. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=49279

3. Votes jenx and then unvotes, moves around

Looking at how he's interacting with sandwolf seems like the way I'd play scum if I were them. So. I think hal and sandwolf.

This is also :bird:. I'd vote NGO too.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Why did DBD completely fall off the radar of people here? His JX content d1 hasn't changed and he spent d2 trying to WIFOM about death millers and pushed a self-aligned player. He still continues to WIFOM about death millers.

I'm still perfectly content with a DBD lunch, but I've just been more irked at taste today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sorry I’ve been quiet I’ve been busy last couple days. I’m just gonna ramble here, bear with me.

So taste is an uncountered cop and he claimed that on D1, no one countered him. Is it possible there is no cop in this game? Sure, but that’s a hell of a gamble to make as scum D1. Taste has seemed more noise than substance recently but that can happen when you’re put so hard on the backfoot. I don’t think I want to vote here today, I think his point about Spoonsy is not so ridiculous, even though they’re not making it very well.

Spoonsy came in D1 with some information out of nowhere. He came in D2 with information out of nowhere. He still hasn’t claimed their entire role and has reference more power in their role. This is SCUMMY behavior. Coupled with the fact that Spoonsy has dodged MOST of the questions put forth to him and the well-timed lurking consistent with his scum game and I think Spoonsy is scum.

NGO has been definitely ‘content lurking,’ coming to make really general non-committal statements and then disappearing for longer periods of time. I’d vote here.

Something about merk’s play is still not the proper bulldogging he should be doing. This is a meta case still so y’all probably won’t read this but tell me who merk thinks is scum rn? I can’t think of one person. I’d vote here.

Tokes is lurking very hard after acting very mysterious D1 about a role that is starting to appear to either be vanilla or have more information than the vanilla mason partners. Tokes isn’t playing, just lurking. Would vote.

I have no interest in lunching DGK today. I will not allow Sub Rosa to be lunched, you loving nitwits. He’s playing *identically* to his first game where he was town too. Just because some of his questions don’t reflect intuitive understanding of mafia does not make him scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh DbD is someone I wanted to talk about and missed.

I am getting a generally town vibe from DbD but his insistence of thumping the ‘death miller’ thing is extremely suspicious to me. I get two vibes from it: A) DbD knows there are death miller shenanigans and is trying to use it to save himself or B) DbD knows there are no death miller shenanigans and is trying to keep us distracted by talking about it so frequently.

I don’t really know who DbD thinks is scum, he’s been defending himself straight for a couple days but that’s largely been his own doing I think. I’d vote here too.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

1. I don't buy taste's claim of cop, given his choice of targets. That said, I'm willing to give the uncountered cop a night to cop someone else. I'm going to hold off on a definitive read until tomorrow. We've already taken out one scum and one 3p, we're not in an awful position.

2. DBD still going "DEATH MILLERS" is dumb and I hate it. It was dumb to target me, given two members of the masonry have flipped and I basically softclaimed in thread anyway. Roll some fuckin' dice. I can see DBD as scum from reads but his actual actions don't make any sense for scum- I'd be seeking out power roles (unless he thought he could get a second NK from me, but in that case, why target tokes then me?) Dumb choices. Town-ish choices. I hate it.

3. Tokes has not posted much. Her contributions to the masonry were to be in favor of: not killing merk, not inducting merk into the masonry, not killing taste and killing yuming instead. I'm wondering if she's lurking scum and wants to control the masonry NK herself- but then I'm wondering why she hasn't suggested someone to be inducted into the masonry yet instead of just shooting down my suggestions. I'm kind of suspicious that she's waiting for me to suggest someone who's scum, so she can both get scum in, and put the responsibility for inducting scum on me.

4. Still think Spoonsy's town. Don't see scum outing the NK masonry, especially as they had one of their own in it already with JX. I may have been the one to roleblock spoonsy- got an item that was a glass box with a lock, which to me sounded like a jail. I figured they'd be a fairly tempting target for a NK so I targeted them with it. (Yes, using the item was a free action, and didn't take up my night masonry voting action.)

5. Is hum/amni even posting? Are we even doing lurker rules? Did you lie to me, somber? (yes)

6. I really don't buy DGK's claim that they're no longer submitting names. You still have the coin, yes? Someone's still submitting names. And I haven't seen anything that could indicate that it's not you anymore. This more than anything is what's got me most suspicious right now, especially since they submitted a confirmed, flipped town and the uncountered cop. Submitting the cop is anti-town as poo poo, even if I don't believe it. I wonder if you did submit the cop because I was publicly disbelieving in taste D2, and I think you thought you could use me/the masonry to take out the cop and not take any of the consequences for it.

##vote DGK

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

4. Still think Spoonsy's town. Don't see scum outing the NK masonry, especially as they had one of their own in it already with JX. I may have been the one to roleblock spoonsy- got an item that was a glass box with a lock, which to me sounded like a jail. I figured they'd be a fairly tempting target for a NK so I targeted them with it. (Yes, using the item was a free action, and didn't take up my night masonry voting action.)

##vote DGK

This jibes with what happened to me last night. Turns out it was a record player that makes every record sound like "Pet Sounds" and when "Pet Sounds" is actually played, produces a single note - a G Sharp

Fun un-game related fact - this is painful to me as I have a perfect A4400 drilled into my head. The concept of something playing a half step below a tone I can produce on demand is actually torture to my brain.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Spoonsy posted:

This jibes with what happened to me last night. Turns out it was a record player that makes every record sound like "Pet Sounds" and when "Pet Sounds" is actually played, produces a single note - a G Sharp

Fun un-game related fact - this is painful to me as I have a perfect A4400 drilled into my head. The concept of something playing a half step below a tone I can produce on demand is actually torture to my brain.

RABBLE RABBLE A SHOULD BE 432

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

1. I don't buy taste's claim of cop, given his choice of targets. That said, I'm willing to give the uncountered cop a night to cop someone else. I'm going to hold off on a definitive read until tomorrow. We've already taken out one scum and one 3p, we're not in an awful position.

2. DBD still going "DEATH MILLERS" is dumb and I hate it. It was dumb to target me, given two members of the masonry have flipped and I basically softclaimed in thread anyway. Roll some fuckin' dice. I can see DBD as scum from reads but his actual actions don't make any sense for scum- I'd be seeking out power roles (unless he thought he could get a second NK from me, but in that case, why target tokes then me?) Dumb choices. Town-ish choices. I hate it.

3. Tokes has not posted much. Her contributions to the masonry were to be in favor of: not killing merk, not inducting merk into the masonry, not killing taste and killing yuming instead. I'm wondering if she's lurking scum and wants to control the masonry NK herself- but then I'm wondering why she hasn't suggested someone to be inducted into the masonry yet instead of just shooting down my suggestions. I'm kind of suspicious that she's waiting for me to suggest someone who's scum, so she can both get scum in, and put the responsibility for inducting scum on me.

5. Is hum/amni even posting? Are we even doing lurker rules? Did you lie to me, somber? (yes)

6. I really don't buy DGK's claim that they're no longer submitting names. You still have the coin, yes? Someone's still submitting names. And I haven't seen anything that could indicate that it's not you anymore. This more than anything is what's got me most suspicious right now, especially since they submitted a confirmed, flipped town and the uncountered cop. Submitting the cop is anti-town as poo poo, even if I don't believe it. I wonder if you did submit the cop because I was publicly disbelieving in taste D2, and I think you thought you could use me/the masonry to take out the cop and not take any of the consequences for it.

##vote DGK

I'm sorry what? I got A Small Boon d1. Which I then claimed. I even owned that I submitted merk. Idk why you would think I wouldn't own it today if I did it.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

RABBLE RABBLE A SHOULD BE 432

Don’t make me change my vote

(I have legitimately walked out of a performance of Mozart’s Requiem when I realized they were tuned to 432. That and the group was LaRouche associated)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

i am a dum and I forgot hum died, rip, pls to put lists of dead people in OP, somber

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

SolusLunes posted:

i am a dum and I forgot hum died, rip, pls to put lists of dead people in OP, somber

And also apparently haven't read any post for today where I got into it with Taste...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sandwolf continues to think I’m scum without reading my posts for some reason?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Amnistar posted:

And also apparently haven't read any post for today where I got into it with Taste...

I have, I still don't buy taste's cop claim especially with "but then why not cop DBD"

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Spoonsy posted:

So you are saying the record player was the roll block?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sub Rosa posted:

So you are saying the record player was the roll block?

If I take Solus’ statement at face value, yes

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Also full transparency - it gave me yet another thing I can do alongside the other things I can do. I think the role block was its night of effect.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Sandwolf continues to think I’m scum without reading my posts for some reason?

holy poo poo make a case instead of sniping merk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy posted:

Also full transparency - it gave me yet another thing I can do alongside the other things I can do. I think the role block was its night of effect.

Oh my loving god just claim already

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Oh my loving god just claim already

I mean it should be obvious that I got a watch one night, attempted a different thing last night, and now have something else.

I’m a JOAT

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Spoonsy posted:

Amni also asked you if anything good happened to you last night, making it seem Amni did something nice for you that you would know about.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

holy poo poo make a case instead of sniping merk

I made two just a mere two posts ago. Weekends are bad for me and mostly play on the phone during.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No I’m saying full claim Spoonsy, everything but your bird name preferably. This smells like horseshit to me.