Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I mean as long as this place is still around I could use a game that isn't mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wheee!

It's a new game, yes it is.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

oh my god you're right I didn't even notice that

makes sense though, it's the fourth of july weekend

Oh god

(and yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense for the holiday)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
A random number generator told me that 4 was a number. 4 is DGK2000.

So I guess ##vote DGK2000?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

I am a stump

I am a Lump, but more specifically I am "Lump" by The Presidents Of The United States Of America

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Spoonsy is in my head fyi

I think so!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oo, bonuses

(I got nothing else at this moment)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Token Female posted:

Nah, It will all make sense.

I know we're still technically in joke, but this is not an answer that spawns any real confidence

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So you're saying it's in our interest to kill you now, before your role potentially becomes a hindrance to the town on future days? And that explicitly getting rid of you today is the best option, save from potentially hitting scum D1?

I know you "answered" this, but are we sure there isn't a Jester in this game?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Tokes post. I am honestly at a loss as to what the gambit is here. This doesn't make sense as town or scum. If you're town, you're putting a "don''t kill me" target on your head for the scum in case your concerns about dampening other people's abilities are in fact correct. If you're town, you've let people know that their powers can become less than optimal and it's your fault. If you're 3P, that does feel like something that could benefit you at the expense of everyone else though.

Is it weird I'd actually be alright with lunching Tokes today for the flip information?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

I know what Tokes is referring to, being someone that would be "assisted" by it- that being said, if Tokes is town, the gain from it is so tiny and small and not worth it compared to having town lunched. It's not worth it and it's not a good strategy.

Yeah, it kinda is. I think you might be reading into tokes' bad posts a bit too deeply, and I question how quickly you're willing to vote for someone that you think may be town or a jester.

Solus, do you and Tokes share an alignment?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I was unaware that Town Spoonsy had a specific flavor to it, but I'll take it I guess?

And I am still suspicious of whatever the heck Tokes is doing at the moment, but Solus' quick vote on me feels far too performative and looking to jump onto something that isn't them or Tokes. Something in my gut has them on the same side. I don't know what it is, but I can't shake it and it's not just OMGUS.

##vote SolusLunes

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Finishes working out and checks thread oh boy I wonder...

oh, cool. they're being dumb. Sigh.

Solus is the much better lunch choice. They're on the same side as Tokes. I don't know if its 3P or scum, but it's not pro town. You can't have one of them "oh boy I know what this means confirming!" the other without being aligned

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Listen, I'm just here trying to do some detective work. What sort of stuff pick up, that's for the runes to say. But that's what they say, just like that the number 4 is the number 4.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So are we not gonna lunch one of the four people who share a kill or something?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

Page 7

Page 11

mason Asiina would've read the first post and known spoonsy knew something was up.

Asiina voted spoonsy knowing he may've known something about the masonry.

Asiina defended Solus-the-fellow-mason.

Asiina is making up content and that is the scummiest thing I'm seeing. She is the mason to kill.

I’m actually very good with this

##vote Asiina

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

##vote Spoonsy

I do not believe that Spoonsy received ("intercepted?") a message halfway through the day that revealed the masonry and that the masonry had a collective NK. Even if somehow that is true:

Spoonsy does nothing helpful with the data besides post it. If town gets that data, they re-evaluate the game based on it, not just post a rhetorical question. Spoonsy's scum hunting after this reveal is nothing more than ending the day with a me-too vote on Asiina.

Or it could be that we've seen that this is a game willing to do drops in the middle of a day (the boon), leading to other things behind the scenes that we don't know about, which somehow gets me a message that we've seen confirmed correct through a NK. You tell me that there's a group of 4 people who share a kill, awesome. I will go with that and when we're close to lunch, I will go with the one that looks like they'll be lunched. Did it wind up being the wrong one of them? Yes. Did something else take care of a member who was scum? Also yes.

This does, of course, mean we're left with the two I initially had issue with, before revealing what I knew.

Oh, and I learned more stuff last night too. Just want to see how things shape up before throwing that out to the crowd as none of it explicitly implicates anyone (expectos a patronum)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

This is incorrect. The NK was not performed by the masonry, and Tokes/DGK will back me up on that.

Honestly I'm wondering where the scum kill went, since I assume they didn't kill one of their own.

(also if there's death millers just fuckin' lol)

Oh, I don't think you killed your own mason member. Doesn't mean both of you are 100% town given that one member flipped scum, but I know neither of you guys killed Jen

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I'm kind of thinking that's right too after thinking on it more. The alternative is some scum mastermind gambit to out the mason group for no reason.

In retrospect, back when Matrix Mafia was run however many years ago, I wish I had done exactly this as the Godfather/self aligned SK

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I for sure read the "death miller?" in the op as a joke. hosed up if true.

poo poo, that is there isn't it

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hi I tracked peramene to JenX last night

Since this is in the open, I saw Hum, Peramene, and taste all visit Jen last night.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

Since this is in the open, I saw Hum, Peramene, and taste all visit Jen last night.

And before anyone says "well you just added one more name to what someone else says", I hinted that this is exactly what I'd be revealing through Expecto Patronum, which let me do a variant of this in the last Potter game.

(this is not my full power either)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

I do not think anyone in this game has a standard power role. I do not think there would be roles that are duplicating one another between players.

There's a difference between watching and tracking, IMO

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

I mean my role in regards to tracking.

ahhhhh

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

Neither of these ring true to me and in fact they contradict each other.

Not going to comment on the you part?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wait jesus christ I'm an idiot.

THIS IS A MAFIA NOT EXACTLY AN EDIT OF A POST FROM EARLIER TODAY

The third name on my list of people who visited Jen last night wasn't Hum. I accidentally added him because it was separate confirmation of pera @ Jen's

REPEAT

The third name on my list of people who visited Jen last night wasn't Hum.

It was DBD

##vote DBD

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

QUOTING BECAUSE I'M STUPID -

The list is DBD, Pera, and taste

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##unvote

I want merk to respond to a few things I asked him but if nobody else is gaining traction then I like him over Solus. Asiina and Jen I still feel weird about because I'm probably wrong about one of them and not sure which at the moment so not comfortable making that choice with an hour left.

And re- DBD, this post feels off for me because it's from before I revealed the group and here he is with 3/4 by name

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

What’s the conclusion here, that dbd as scum had knowledge of the foursome through Jen?

Yes. That DBD was aware of the masonry prior to the outing through the scum member of the masonry, ergo scum.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

What’s he doing visiting her then? Bus driving?

Wait, why am I answering this when you haven't said what you were doing there yet.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

He wouldn’t, spoonsy’s logic doesn’t hold up is what I’m getting at

🐠 🐟 🎣

Yes, I am asking what the 3 people who I saw go to dead scum did.

Also, given that we've seen that there's an unconfirmed masonry group, what's to say there isn't a third party within scum?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
(And yes, I do realize I look like an idiot for bobbling names initially)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Good morning. It is I, the idiot.

I still cannot believe I misread my own results like that yesterday.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

I have a list of evil birds and I can try to find them at day and at night. I know two living players' bird. i am coming for the rest of you. soon i will know all the birds

uwu thank you for noticing

Wait are you saying you've got a list of birds as part of your win condition?

I'm keeping my vote on DBD for now but bounty hunters are not town aligned.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sub Rosa posted:

I actually do believe peramene didn't kill JenX. I think it was the last Harry Potter game that I read that had competing bounty hunters who had lists of people to kill, and they could do the name investigation at night. Had limited bullets but getting the people on their list lunched also counted. So I think peramene is 3P but not JenX's killer.

I'm inclined to go with this for now. Which means, if Pera went bird hunting and taste is a cop, DBD has to be the murderer.

Still doesn't mean that Pera is town, but DBD did the kill

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

THE NEWBIE FUCKIN GETS IT GUYS (thank you lmao)

aPologies

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sorry to hear.

honestly, I think they're both not-town. I'll be around EOD and can change my vote, but I'm good on DBD at the moment. But pera's bird hunting does not sound town to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
We’re at -2. I can put us at -1. Would still prefer DBD but I’m also ok with pera if it isn’t going the other way and will swap