Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

this is all very upsetting. glompton you know I respect you and your decisions, you also know how important you are to byob but do what you think is right.

all of this leads to a difficult question that I've thought about but also kind of avoided. what becomes of byob if we no longer have a home?

I am not entirely sure how or where to have this discussion, but it may be something we need to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

albany academy posted:

But byob I think works because it's a visible subforum, not it's own thing.

I agree totally. Some sort of reddit subforum seems like the most obvious answer but reddit lacks exactly the things that make sa unique and good.

Manifisto

thanks to everyone who is working on the backup plan. I am at manyfisted at gmail and would love a link.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

one tiny glimmer of good in all this terrible stuff is having the lurkers say hello. we have always loved you lurkers, glad to have you with us.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Literally A Person posted:

Uh, am I dumb or something. I can't seem to 'scord with you peeps???

did you enter your authentication phrase? that tripped me up, I didn't realize I had to do that.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

owlhawk911 posted:

??? i didn't do this and i got in. i don't really know how i got there other than clicking an invite link

:iiam:

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

yeah i was signed up for discord but i can't remember my password and it won't let me "reclaim my account" so.. any tips? or i guess i'm just lost now

your password is "squirrelnutz69"

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

can I complain about apps like instagram and discord with their hidden menus and not sound like an old person

Why is the little options wheel on the bottom left of the screen that's where an insane person would put it. How about a freaking menu bar.

I felt like an old person all day

"how do I emptyquote? are there themes? can anyone add a channel? waah waah I am a literal baby?"

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

i 'm going to bed, i truly love the both of you vanisher and manifisto,, maybe i'll see you all on the other side

u will make it I believe in u :love:

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

ok thanks to vanisher i figured out how to reset my password but now discord won't let me access the discord channel, it's still giving me the same message that my os can't recognixze the channel

i am dumb, yes dumb so very dumb lol

is this following the link that BrownianMotion or someone else sent you specifically to verify?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

you didn't, like, taunt your computer recently, did you? computers are sensitive, they require positive reinforcement or they act out.

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

No worries if you feel old over this, I learned last night that I am completely lost on anything more modern than a web 1.0 moderation site that has typos in it

Also, as far as I know, joke 6ers are not a thing in discord so be aware, I can do it here though
No probes, the designers are literal madmen

we were discussing this in the discord yesterday, it sounds like there is something vaguely equivalent to a probe, users can be put into a role where they can read but not post? I'm sure the discord experts can fill you in.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Sid Vicious posted:

is the discord real if it's real and i can come i still want to no one pmed me

it is real and it is our friend

I think the people taking care of this are just busy with lots of stuff and process the requests in batches, there's no way you won't get an invite

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Pahilla the Hun posted:

not gonna lie sometimes i put ice in a glass and pour beer over it holy poo poo

sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do

it is an admission that you failed to plan ahead, but we are all fallible

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I made a rocket bomb out of a model rocket engine and shotgun shells and launched it over the lake next to the police station? Because I did that.

I never heard that and wow. I have put fireworks into model rocket engines and they definitely went off at the expected time. did the shells detonate? did the cops freak out?

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

We took the shells apart and re-packed them into a giant shell that was ignited by the rocket engine's parachute detonation. It worked amazingly and the police went absolutely nuts and searched the neighborhood for hours.

good on you, that sounds amazing