Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Oh Jesus loving christ :sigh:

Why do I always wake up to bad things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Hello so just for everyone to know there is in fact a discord setup, there was a small gaming one before, and you can join it via pm

Also I didn't read this thread yet because this is literally the worst day any forum problems can happen and I'm not remotely close to home so sorry if this was said already

I love you all no matter what is and will be

Goons Are Gifts

There is so much going on in every channel and subforum and pms and I can't even wrap my head around right now so also sorry if I didn't answer any pms yet

I'll try to sort this through tonight when I'm on a computer and not hospital posting on my almost empty phone

Goons Are Gifts

69 people chillin

Goons Are Gifts

I'll also post this here, as this is most literally a safety net for posts:

Goons Are Great posted:

Secret mod forum leaks ITT, if you want to download BYOB threads to have them on your hard drive, just in case:

[quote]
A while ago, some goon wrote a thread scraper for SA.

I forked the code and fixed the error messages, then did it again when chrome started hating on http connections or something. It's now the single thing I have available on github, because it would be rude not to let the orginal author know that somebody still loves his dead gay code:

https://github.com/Fumblemouse/SA-Archiving-Tool

To use:

Hit the big green Clone button and download it as a zip file.

Extract the zip file somewhere on your local hard drive.

In Chrome, go Settings -> More Tools -> Extensions and flick the Developer Mode switch on the top right.

There should now be an option to Load Unpacked on the left. Ignoring the untold comedy potential for that phrase, click the option and find the folder you extracted the zip to - by default, SA-Archiving-Tool-master. Select that folder and click the Open button.

All going well you should now have a hard-to-see SA icon on the chrome extension bar. If you visit a SA thread with a thread ID, eg https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3903748 the icon should now be clickable with a single option...Archive.

Click that link, and your local PC will think for a while, depending on your local tubespeed, then display a single page with the entire thread on it. CTRL+S or Rightclick Save As and save it whereever you want. WebPage, Complete will save images also.

Because nothing in life is easy, the saved page's HTML CSS tags refers to something set up by the chrome extension, so it will look a bit crappy in another browser or if you remove the extension. This can be fixed by changing the CSS reference in the Saved As HTML file to the files in the /archive folder from the extracted zipfile - or you could copy the /archive css files into the HTML file's folder and just have the tags as direct links to files (no folder references)

Go crazy!

Goons Are Gifts

No worries if you feel old over this, I learned last night that I am completely lost on anything more modern than a web 1.0 moderation site that has typos in it

Also, as far as I know, joke 6ers are not a thing in discord so be aware, I can do it here though
No probes, the designers are literal madmen

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, BM got sick and couldn't do a bunch of invites here, I'll pm you guys now so you can still join! Sorry for the delay

Goons Are Gifts

Okay, sent out invites to everyone who posted here since the last time BM said he did the sweep. You can just click on the link in the PM and follow the instructions I wrote there in order to join and get roles and POAST with us. Of course, if you in light of the recent news no longer want to join, that's fine, too! We probably can keep this place so in that case you should go out and POAST in byob, the forum!

LookieLoo posted:

J4G. The G is for BYOB, pm please

I couldn't pm you, as you got PMs turned off in your options! You can change that in your User Control Panel -> Edit Options -> Enable Private Messaging (below Messaging & Notification), set that to yes.
Alternatively, you can also throw a burner email or your discord handle, then I should be able to find out and tell you there.

If anyone got lost and still didn't get a message and a secret code from me, please post again or PM me here, so I can fix it! Sorry if so!

Goons Are Gifts

Sent invites!

The other day I stole an entire display of yeast from the supermarket. Like, I wanted to buy some yeast, you know these small squares of fresh yeast because I needed it to feed the flies I'm feeding the ants with, and I didn't have a shopping cart or anything so as a reflex I put it in my pocket just to have a free hand. Then I thought, hey, maybe I should buy some more and put more in and then somehow the entire box ended up there and I wondered if it's obvious and left the supermarket and I had so much yeast it's not even funny.
I donated it to a friend of mine who made all the bread with it and I did feel slightly bad for stealing like $2,50 worth of yeast, but the bread was really good and the flies are also still alive and good so it was a good haul

Goons Are Gifts

I'm not too much of a crime person myself but I am a young and enthusiastic investor in yeast related crime I can tell you
Next time I might upgrade and see where baking soda can get you, apart from jail and science labs to blow stuff up

Goons Are Gifts

Don't try me, I'll make an erupting volcano byob diorama and this time it won't be a concealed dick joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

very nice i like posted:

may I get an invite good sirs

Sent you a friend request because I believe that is necessary to message you? I don't know, discord is dark and full of terrors but pm me there once you accepted and I'll throw all the links at you!!

szkud posted:

I like discord. I like safety nets. sign me up

On its way!