Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

i wish i knew how 2 make a forum, but in the meantime i'd love to jump back in to the yob discord if its still around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

i think byob does have enough people 2 support a tiny dumb forum where we make each other laff if it counts for anything

nut

i helped set up one b4 but i can't remember how to do the introductory foyer to have people verified before joining which i remember was really important

nut

Plant MONSTER. posted:

what is discord anyway. people been talking about it for some time but I don't know what it is. Do you have to talk to discord with your mouth?

you can do voice chat but in this case it's mainly a typing hub wher eyou can have different rooms plus voice chat rooms (tho i don't think people use those unless they r gaming) i have a bunch of sad medical stuff i gotta deal with today but i can help this evening in any way needed

nut

alnilam posted:

k please invite me by SA PM thank u for your service

moi aussi merci beaucoup

nut

i don't think i got a pm but maybe i am dumb hmm very possible i will check my notes

nut

Twenty Four posted:

I understand nothing even from trying discord with other friends before and also feel old and dumb :( I'm just going to get sent upstate and put out to pasture or something

what if instead we post

nut

Bacon Taco posted:

I just signed up for Discord and my server is Bacon Taco, I think. Maybe that's my username? It seems kind of like Slack to me with a little bit of messing around with it.

if you click your name in the bottom left (with thegray number under it) it will copy your full username to clipboard and you can paste it, the username will have both bacon taco and a number associated with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

nut posted:

if you click your name in the bottom left (with thegray number under it) it will copy your full username to clipboard and you can paste it, the username will have both bacon taco and a number associated with it

it should say "copied!" after you click it