Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Emacs Headroom posted:

here to request access to the yospos discord (somebody please make one if it doesnt already exist tia)

echi made one with no channels or mods and logged off it's hell don't go there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Emacs Headroom posted:

here to request access to the yospos discord (somebody please make one if it doesnt already exist tia)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919429

it's currently a mess cuz the only mod is asleep lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's easy to make a half assed forum but this forum runs on its unique features and duplicating that would be very difficult

pram
Jun 10, 2001

gonadic io posted:

echi made one with no channels or mods and logged off it's hell don't go there

lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i already ignore like seven different discords so what's one more

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919429

it's currently a mess cuz the only mod is asleep lol

thanks!

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

why would cops investigate domestic abuse, it would take away from their valuable domestic abuse time

I’d imagine because there’s a DA DA tough on DA breathing down their neck

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

You can't cut back on yospos. you will regret this!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

refleks posted:

You can't cut back on yospos. you will regret this!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ADINSX posted:

I made this account as a freshman in college... I'm now 35. I've probably been on this site every day for 17 years at this point

absolutely same, this blows

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

gently caress low tax. I will miss the POS. I think I was coming up on 10 years. I lurked for a bit longer. It was good times and I would join a yospos discord

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
So who is setting up the BBS for us to dial into?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

YOSPOS, my pretty computer...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

leper khan posted:

So who is setting up the BBS for us to dial into?

1-219-420-6969

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

1-219-420-6969

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Chris Knight posted:

1-219-420-6969

Nice!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

haveblue posted:

it's easy to make a half assed forum but this forum runs on its unique features and duplicating that would be very difficult

i maintain that the only truly unique thing with preserving is that it is a paid forum with strict moderation that got off the ground at all. anything free-for-all, or even partially free-to-post will go to poo poo.

i only learned just now that there is a bot for making discords require an sa account, and that is already closer. but the entire point would be to make it possible to put your :10bux: somewhere less abusive and have moderation work on the {forum,discord, newsgroup,...} based off of that. at that point i don't particularly care if i post on a default-config phpbb.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
breadnroses.net

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if there’s one thing 2020 was missing, it’s forums drama

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Mods have supposedly given an ultimatum.
That'll be entertaining :suspense:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
somethingawful foundation, a charitable home for wayward posters

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I wonder how much he would sell the forums for.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

rotor posted:

I wonder how much he would sell the forums for.

Just lol if 290 ends up as our new overlord

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i'd chip in, all these alternatives suck rear end

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

forums.somethingawful.com, a poster-owned shitposting cooperative

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1275833542199504896

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I'm gonna write a new forums and then host it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

isn't there more than one literal millionaire in yospos

i bet with your millionaire connections you could somehow use it as a tax dodge by claiming it was a charitable contribution for the betterment of the community

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

thats a good twitter name

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
from each according to their shittiness, to each according to their posting

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
this is why you never produce a mega64 video

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Shame Boy posted:

isn't there more than one literal millionaire in yospos

i bet with your millionaire connections you could somehow use it as a tax dodge by claiming it was a charitable contribution for the betterment of the community

Given its an edgy tech forum with the majority of the posting crowd becoming adults in the 2000s, there's probably quite a few millionaires lurking and posting here.

If they're smart they'll stay millionaires and not touch this poo poo with a ten foot poll.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Yospos and SA in general is the best community on the internet imo. Shame the bar is that low, but not many communities like this would have rallied behind this poor women like you lot have.

Goons give each other a hard time but I think there’s a lot of good people here. :kiddo:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

honestly not sure why people are thinking that the forums will die? like ... we had fuckin nazis hanging around for years and years, not sure why this is worse. Lowtax isn't gonna just shut down the only thing making money for him because [reasons]

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
i also don't think it will "die", but a lot of people are going to leave because they don't want to support / be associated with a serial domestic abuser

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
but for real is everyone actually gonna decamp for discord or reddit or whatever? :(

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah this is the last straw for me, if lowtax doesn't transfer ownership or something real fuckin' big i'm out

and nothing of value was lost etc

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rotor posted:

honestly not sure why people are thinking that the forums will die? like ... we had fuckin nazis hanging around for years and years, not sure why this is worse. Lowtax isn't gonna just shut down the only thing making money for him because [reasons]

its more that nobody worth posting with is going to stick around on a forum run by a domestic abuser, especially if he comes back to try to fix his money spigot

e: yeah like emac headroom said

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Emacs Headroom posted:

i also don't think it will "die", but a lot of people are going to leave because they don't want to support / be associated with a serial domestic abuser

this pretty much.

which does mean there is some time to consider other venues. i am sure there is something better than discord at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

rotor posted:

given that his patreon hemorrhaged $5k overnight this time might be a little different