Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I guess I'm just going to ride this one out and ignore the drama because wrestling already has me with more than enough of my fill of people working out their messy private lives in public. Uh, I guess if you want my discord send me a or let me know. I'll join your community if you have the Wednesday night frogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

I am going to choose to believe that the modmin team will pull something off. I know I'm mostly just the guy that's an rear end in a top hat about LIJ, but I love all of you and this place and I don't want to consider the idea of losing it.

I honestly feel the same. Outside of a name on paper lowtax has been the least important part of SA for years. If it's building something new so be it but it's not an off-site if the original exploded and most of the community moves to the new one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is B&R good about not being obsessed with SA? I got some bad vibes when I was in the discord that made it that it was just going to turn into another "a forum about my posting enemies"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's good to see. Like, it was primarily one person so if they're saying that attitude didn't end up making it into B&R that's good to hear.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

It's gone from 7.5k to 3.2k in about 18 hours :lol:

I wish I knew at what point SA starts costing him more than he makes so that I can know when posting will finally be praxis.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That seems like an uncharitable description of how B&R was formed. Like, at the least it sets itself apart as being one of the few off-sites formed because SA was too racist and lovely instead of not racist enough. I get the mods concern about B&R but uncharitable explanation.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

what wrasslin move would you wish to see lowtax receive?

I'm thinking lionsault tombstone

Is a new jack stabbing a wrestling move?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Don't worry, everything will be fine on the mod approved off-site because the mod culture isn't full of it's own systemic issues that need to be worked out.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Yeah, that was gross. At this point the rest of the mods should really just cut Burt and Reene out of the discussions about moving the community (she says pointedly where J-Ru and Junpei can hear her)

Yeah, I'd feel better about any future new version of SA if the mods held one of their own accountable for once.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Styles Clash but teach him the wrong way to take it, as a joke

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rigel posted:

Our demanded ethical standard for mods and owners of a site is extremely low. It took three instances of domestic abuse for us to revolt, I'm sure whoever runs the show in a new board can clear that hurdle.

Yeah but imagine if we were better and had a forum that didn't stumble rear end backwards into having a mod also be a compromised Nazi hunter.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

That doofus was a nazi full stop. I've known nazi hunters, some decent, some the stuff legends should be written about if it didn't endanger their entire existence. I myself have participated in some low-key hunts, though my strengths have always been as an ambush predator. I've also known multiple nazis that pretended to be hunters, it was something you always had to think about back in The Bad Old Days, and everything about that moron set off major alarm bells in my head that only got louder the more I read about him.

lol yeah, imagine as I'm saying "compromised Nazi hunter" I'm doing air quotes, rolling my eyes, and than also I have arms like doctor octopus from spiderman and half are doing air quotes and half are doing a jerk off motion. I just don't know how to express that level of sarcasm through text.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I signed up but I'll be honest it's a life boat right now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but Arivia wasn't called transphobic and I don't think was banned at all. It was Queen Combat who was called transphobic and it appears to be entry number whatever in a very long slap fight.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It sounds like both sides are both victims and have done lovely abusive stuff themselves. None of this seems like the healthy way to work it out.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The grudge bans also seem like an unhealthy way to work this out.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

its extremely good if it goes through, jeff is a good dude

Is he? I mean this seriously, my experience with him is primarily that he defended the PPJ Nazi hunting and thought it was a good idea and way supposedly a hold out on FYAD being closed so I'm legitimately curious what people like about Jeff.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm pretty suspicious and have said why in multiple threads including this one. But I appreciated the blanket generalizations and being called a fucker by someone I almost always agree with.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

I just realised that this year's April Fool joke ended up coming true less than 3 months later and I did a big hearty laugh

First as farce, then as tragedy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think the guy is just dumb and bad at spelling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

The only time Lowtax should come up again is when he inevitably gets interviewed on Talk Is Jericho

"I don't know much about goatse but I know when I want to see some red raw meat I order some delicious Omaha steaks"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Same here. Without a serious shakeup in the current admin/mod structure here, I feel like a lot of the forum's long-term problems are going to just get a band-aid at best and outright ignored at worst. But, we'll eventually see what happens, one way or another.

Yeah, I keep wanting to be optimistic and I want SA to stick around but well, the PPJ poo poo just keeps popping up in my head. It's not really that PPJ was Nazi hunting or that the mods who knew thought it was a good idea. It's that at the end of all of it the response from the mod staff was either that it was a big mistake that will never happen again even though they took no steps to make sure it doesn't happen again or just a general attitude that it didn't happen in their sub so they wish they could help but :shrug:

It would just be nice for SA to stop being a place where any community initiated change is done through an actual process instead of months of screaming at people. Hopefully with Lowtax gone the fear of him coming back and smashing everything the mods and admins do will also go away and we can finally be a place where the entire community has some input and can request things and dictate what is and isn't acceptable here.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm imaging the god-emperor of mankind saying all of that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I'm sorry I got my panicked anger on you.

We're cool, I absolutely understand the panic anger.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think the pedo part are some claims in QCS about Burt. I have no idea if they carry any weight at all.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

apparently Logan made a post about being a SA poster since her teens and talking with Lowtax so uh, possibly grooming?

Woof I missed that one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

they amount to that burt has a boat named "lolita" complete with embroidered pillows with that on it, as well as allegedly having several large image albums of an underage child related to him in swimsuits and the like

Oh that's a lot more detail than the last time I looked. I'm worried about the foundation of this posting house.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

5 active mods would be overkill but 5 mods who all pitch in a bit and don't have to see it as a legit job doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. It all depends on how much people want to shoulder. The sub-subforums of GBS have two mods each along with the 6 GBS mods, and those sub-subforums usually have 1/5 to 1/8 the users of this sub-subforum which is more popular than its parent subforum that has 2 mods. Don't remember what I am saying. 3 mods. See ya

I'm seriously empty quoting this because I feel the same.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wouldn't want to be the kind of mod SA seems to want.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

the other option is that J ru faces me in a shootfight for control of fight island

Congratulations to our new mod Antonio Inoki

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

Hi. I tend to lurk this forum and only post now and again. I keep seeing everyone talk about “horny posting”. I sincerely don’t know what that means. What’s the forum’s definition for it? Thank you.

Oh, we've just agreed to stop posting overly sexual stuff because some people were not comfortable with it. Basic stuff like saying a wrestler looks nice or has good gear or whatever is fine. I think the rule is a bit of a "we know it when we see it" but you'll be fine if you're not writing detailed stories or fantasies or whatever. I think the change was to both cut out overly sexual stuff and also just cut out three pages in a thread of "Oh wrestler is so pretty I just wanna look at them" over and over.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wasn't worried until you told me to not be worried

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

Yeah, I don’t really get your zany posting gimmick, either. You’re trying too hard.

One day your brain just clicks and you get it. I can't explain it but it's like passing through a portal

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok I guess? Hope I answered your question

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok figured out how to say a lot of what I wanted to say. I was very concerned about CJ2 as a mod and while I liked their posting I didn't think they were a good pick for a position of authority. CJ2 has not only exceeded my expectations for them they've exceeded my expectations so far for anyone in the position and I think the rest of the team should look to them as an example. Their openness has been great and more importantly their trust has been great. CJ2 feels like a member of the community who also happens to be the community member we trust to hold buttons. I think that should be the goal for the rest of the mod team.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I personally don't really mind the idea of more mods but I also think mod should be a lot less important. Like I said, they just happen to be the community member we trust to be level headed enough to have the time out button.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Same. I think even if you're for it you've got to realize it's the easy answer, not the best one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I personally like gallows humor and it's one of the ways I handle stuff. The thing though is gallows humir has to be a good joke or else it's not going to land and just come off as tasteless and dumb. I personally think all the humor has been squeezed out of the Dream stuff. That's honestly how I feel most of this stuff goes, the first jokes are clever, funny, and put a light on something people should know about though the joke. Then as time goes on the well runs dry and it's just people mentioning that Dream groomed kids and to try and get a laugh.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I thought on it some and I think it's our connection to the victims and the fact that society generally doesn't treat men who are victims as seriously. Speaking Outs victims have all been people we have some sort of relationship with as fans. They're going to feel closer even if none of us really know them. Which isn't cool or a defense of anything, this is just me getting some thoughts out to try to figure out why it feels different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

EMF chilling out and everyone being cool and letting him become a cool and loved member of the community is the booking of the year