Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
when did you first notice that lowtax lies a lot more than an ordinary person
2000-2004
2004-2008
2008-2012
2012 or later
View Results

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i don't remember exactly when it was for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lowtax has always seemed like an honest gentleman to me

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i never really kept up with events around him
but i did buy some mangosteen for the hell of it

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I don't know, but a long time ago he would start a thread and people would criticize something about it, so he would ban them and say "if you don't like a thread just vote 1 and move on!!!!" Then when people would vote his threads a 1, he'd give them a really angry custom titles like "poo poo HEAD" in big red text. And it took people a while to figure out why they were getting those red texts because it was so out of left field. That might've been when I first realized he was kind of a dick. And that was like 10+ years ago.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
The 5th Anniversary Vegas GoonCon in 2004.

All of us who had bought $50 USD tickets to attend the Saturday night hotel suite party - with special swag bags of gift merchandise for everyone! - arrived to discover that, despite what was posted by Lowtax himself, there was none of it at all. There were no SA-branded exclusive canvas bags made for the event's attendees filled with other exclusive branded merch, like playing cards and poker chips (possibly other trinkets listed I can't remember). So all the money we paid went to actually putting on the party, covering the suite and food, etc. but none of the extra stuff clearly promised. It was like buying a game console and discovering the pack-in game wasn't in the box.

A good time WAS had at the party with goons stepping up as usual to bartend and run card games...but most of us were asking each other about it, if anyone had seen the stuff we were promised, etc. Nope, not only did it not exist, but the thread/subforum was gone pretty drat quickly afterward and no one to my knowledge confronted the higher-ups about it for obvious reasons. Who wanted to incur further losses and get kicked out and/or banned from the forums?

The most telling post about what must have happened was found elsewhere in the GC subforum, close to when the weekend began, from Lowtax wrote about how the whole official party weekend "was supposed to just be a fun thing to do for the milestone, not an invitation for us to fall into bankruptcy" or something to that effect. So in other words, Lowtax sold us attendees a bill of goods for a set price and took our money BEFORE he'd bothered looking into how much the whole thing WOULD ACTUALLY COST, and instead of announcing a change in plans or being open about it, or anything at all...he just said nothing and let the event play out. With all of us wondering where our swag was.

Agent Escalus fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 26, 2020