Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
As someone with lovely eyes that background

1. Makes it impossible to see the navigation links that lie within the image

2. Makes it extremely disorienting and impossible for at least my eyes to have any hope of focusing and parsing a page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I enjoy the atylesheet but yeah, it's only fair to make it a toggle for people that don't want it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I enjoy the atylesheet but yeah, it's only fair to make it a toggle for people that don't want it.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the future is here!

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Enjoy! Tell me if you hate this.

I love it but:

Dexo posted:

As someone with lovely eyes that background

1. Makes it impossible to see the navigation links that lie within the image

2. Makes it extremely disorienting and impossible for at least my eyes to have any hope of focusing and parsing a page.

The nav links are quite hard to see, agreed, maybe some white space behind the links or something.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Have an option to change the left side/right side orientation and label it "subs/dubs".

:emptyquote:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I added a backdrop to the breadcrumbs in snail's css to make them more readable with the background. You can tweak it by changing the .breadcrumbs class in this. If anyone is curious also, you can apply custom css like this with plugins like Stylish, but it will apply it to all of SA because I don't really know how to do it otherwise, just make it apply to any URL starting with https://forums.somethingawful.com/ to see if it works better for you

it makes me notice that the breadcrumbs and page buttons have maybe never been lined up?? i dunno i hate lining things up someone else would have to do that lol!

https://pastebin.com/sBbFPp0i

e; a picture example

Dryzen fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 5, 2020

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Dryzen posted:

I added a backdrop to the breadcrumbs in snail's css to make them more readable with the background. You can tweak it by changing the .breadcrumbs class in this. If anyone is curious also, you can apply custom css like this with plugins like Stylish, but it will apply it to all of SA because I don't really know how to do it otherwise, just make it apply to any URL starting with https://forums.somethingawful.com/ to see if it works better for you

it makes me notice that the breadcrumbs and page buttons have maybe never been lined up?? i dunno i hate lining things up someone else would have to do that lol!

e; a picture example

if anyone wants to fix this up even better, i don't really like how the background stuff is because no matter what it'll make userinfo stuff hard to read even in grayscale. looking for more brain geniuses to do some accessibility touchups!!

Dryzen fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 5, 2020

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Have an option to change the left side/right side orientation and label it "subs/dubs".

not an emptyquote

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

If you ignore people, it breaks the formatting of the page, and their username is on the left. (I have avatars turned off if that matters).

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This looks like absolute rear end.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Dryzen posted:

If anyone is curious also, you can apply custom css like this with plugins like Stylish, but it will apply it to all of SA because I don't really know how to do it otherwise, just make it apply to any URL starting with https://forums.somethingawful.com/ to see if it works better for you

SA writes the current forum ID as a class to the body element, so you can just prefix all the rules with .forum_27 to make them apply only in ADTRW.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Doc V posted:

SA writes the current forum ID as a class to the body element, so you can just prefix all the rules with .forum_27 to make them apply only in ADTRW.

oh poo poo!!!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this rules

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Doc V posted:

I updated the css to only apply to the subforum now if you're using a plugin thank you!!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tunicate posted:

not an emptyquote

Youre allowed to emptyquote.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

would like to restate i think this owns and the additional stuff people are putting together looks really good!!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sorry i only read the last couple pages, anyway i like our truck but agree a toggle is a must (my understanding from qcs at least was, that is the idea anyway)

Dryzen posted:

e; a picture example

would also like to see this speech bubble + right-align text implemented along with the backgrounds for the different buttons/forum path. for the user info i think a box kinda like a character nameplate in manga would be fine while the little last read/#/? buttons could all just be filled in like the post history and rap sheet links etc. also i'm anti-mirroring the avs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think that might be my first post since stylesheet but despite picking this av to be this way intentionally when i bought it, it works really well in the reversed format :thumbsup:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

it looks like the breadcrumbs have a background by default now? thanks

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

there's a leftover white bg on the thread version of the breadcrumbs

code:
.showthread .breadcrumbs span.mainbodytextlarge a {
	color: black;
	background-color: #fff;
}

mobile suit goatse
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Cappy posted:

Why haven't the mods renamed ADTRW yet?

youre not supposed to mention this (youll get in trouble m8) The forum with a rape joke in it's name is not to be questioned.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mobile suit goatse posted:

This subforum has been really weirdly hostile towards me, so don't worry, I won't be posting here anymore.

Couldn't even go 3 days without posting here again.
Maybe you should follow your own advice instead of trolling this subforum. I told you before that nobody was covering up the history, but that hasn't been the name for over a decade, and you brought it up the other day because people asked you not to use autistic as a slur. I'm not gonna mince words: you're a piece of poo poo and not welcome to post in ADTRW. Get the gently caress out and don't come back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:yeah:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

been trying to get the readability and eyestrain better with the posts on the right. still having some struggles with making this look like normal SA again cause of some foolery but we're working on it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't like it at all, but in any case ignored users break the format

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

I don't like it at all, but in any case ignored users break the format

I know an easy solution to this one

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hmm, perhaps this makes the ignore feature mildly more useful since your eyes are busy on the right hand side

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Openly admitting to ignoring people in 2020 - the cursed year

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

forgot to post it but if anyone wants to try the avatars saying the posts but on a more normal looking post background

https://pastebin.com/JFbPnvKX

there's still a lot of issues with border cause a lot of stuff was on the post and postbody which are now the avatar saying the posts

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Enjoy! Tell me if you hate this.

It's kind of terrible and makes this forum difficult to read. I already blasted the adtrw.css stylesheet in my browser and am attempting to get the avs back on the left side.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If you want to read it my advice is to continue looking at the black text on the blue background

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

I'm trying to figure out what's happening with the avatars, it feels like it's a 50/50 on whether or not they'll be reversed (unless Jeffrey keeps changing it) and also it took me like 30 seconds to "I Spy" the post button.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
HAHA VERY FUNNY did you know horizontal text is read left to right even in Japanese???

Don't gently caress with UX for '''''''''''''''''jokes'''''''''''''''''.
This change legitimately makes things harder to read IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ISSUES WHATSOEVER imagine people who actually do have trouble reading poo poo.

E: the userbox is not just for information. it also serves as a margin. This is important, because you want the important poo poo in the center of the page. Now the text starts near the edge of the screen and that's bad ergonomics.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 6, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kyte posted:

HAHA VERY FUNNY did you know horizontal text is read left to right even in Japanese???

Don't gently caress with UX for '''''''''''''''''jokes'''''''''''''''''.
This change legitimately makes things harder to read IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ISSUES WHATSOEVER imagine people who actually do have trouble reading poo poo.

E: the userbox is not just for information. it also serves as a margin. This is important, because you want the important poo poo in the center of the page. Now the text starts near the edge of the screen and that's bad ergonomics.
sorry, jeffery already agreed the next step will be to activate 4koma mode

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't really care much about the background image, but it should have a toggle to turn it off. Also whatever you pick as the image someone will hate it.

As for the stuff being on the right, this would have been a so-so april fools joke but is horrible for actual use and should be reverted ASAP.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I do believe the toggle is currently a WIP right now.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Can they revert the changes in the meantime so the subforum is actually readable?

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

homeless snail posted:

sorry, jeffery already agreed the next step will be to activate 4koma mode

1 2
_ 3

awful

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I do not like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
I really hate this