Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
The Cast:

Amani, the Fae, played by Klingon w Bowl Cut

Dylan Mbaye, the Wizard, played by paradoxGentleman

Leo Carter, the Veteran, played by Ferrosol

Ophelia Shahmaran, the Tainted, played by Old Kentucky Shark

--------------------

As winter comes to Columbus, the supernatural side of the city is facing new problems. The vampires were already pushing their way downtown and now with night coming up earlier and lasting longer they’re going to be harder to deal with. The Winter Court usually has to deal with the Summer Court as rivals but with the Summer Court pulling out of the east side for some reason, who knows what the Winter Court might get up to. And known to only a very few, there’s a revenant out on the streets and Hades hasn’t been made aware yet.

Amani: You’re at your shop, waiting for Leo. He was supposed to be here with the gun you ordered from him, but he hasn’t shown up or called. And the gun might come in handy - recently you’ve had the vampires and werewolves looking around your shop as the vampires are moving in because of the Summer Court’s withdrawal and the werewolves are trying to keep them from getting too far downtown. You might be getting someone coming in and start demanding protection payments soon.

While it might be worth considering if you should wait for Leo or go ahead and leave, you hear your cell phone ring. It’s the Sun Queen. “Amani dear,” she says when she picks up. “I need you to find out what’s going on with the Summer court - we can’t just have them leave out of nowhere.” What do you do?

Dylan: The Brotherhood has sent you to pick up some of the artifacts the rogue wizard had gotten ahold of - a lot of it was hidden around various caches in the city and even then they’re not sure if they have them all. Once they’ve got what they can get right now, they’ll move on to gathering with the other cabals and sorting out this mess of who gets what among the two cabals fighting it out.

Meanwhile, you’re near a storage unit rental which is supposed to be one of her caches. You've gotten your hands on the keys and it should have been easy to just walk in, see what’s there, and take it back. Except there’s an old man inside, looking through the items. His head snaps up and focuses on you. “You must have the wrong unit,” he says in a gruff voice. But you notice him covering his hand that has a strange ring on it, and you just barely catch the mystical hum of magic charging. He looks rather familiar too...what do you do?

Leo: You’ve talked to some people, gotten some materials rushed in , and put in some work on it yourself and you have Amani’s gun ready for her. You were heading to her shop to hand it over - but on the way you were ambushed by a group of strangers and stuffed in the trunk of a car sans your gun and phone. From what you can overhear as your captors talk, they’ve been trying to find you for a while. They refer to you as “that gently caress who helped Tony get away” so at least you know this is for what you recently did and not something from the last time you were in the game.

You feel the car go underground, and slowly pull in somewhere. The car stops, and then the driver turns off the engine. You hear footsteps approach, pause at the trunk, and then it opens. A young woman looks at you, smiling. “Hello Leo. Glad we got to you before anyone else. Got a moment to talk?” You see fangs hidden in her mouth - seems you’ve attracted the attention of some vampires. Taking a quick look around, you see you’re in some kind of hidden chop shop. What do you do?

Ophelia: With winter starting up, Hades has withdrawn a bit - Persephone is going to be with him for the next few months and he always takes a bit of a vacation when that happens. There’s still work to do, but most people are coming directly to you since you’re the top Kerberos in Columbus.

You’re at Echoes of the Tidal Song’s yoga studio, hanging out with her. She’s smiling and chatting with you over a cup of tea...but you can tell she’s a little worried. She briefly mentions the Summer Court wanting to pull out downtown, and since she’s a member of it you know that’s on her mind. “The King and Queen must have gotten mad about something, but you know how they are. I’m sure they’ll calm down soon enough.”

The door to the yoga studio opens, and you see a man in a strange suit walks inside. He looks annoyed and frantic at the same time. “Ophelia Shahmaran? I’m Ryouta Katou, with the court of Blossoms. Hades appears to be quite busy so I need to talk to you right now.” Echoes looks between the two of you. The emissary from the out of town court has been the talk of the Wild faction, and here he is demanding your attention. What do you do?

------------------

OOC Thread

NPC and Debts

Please put your character sheet in a quote block at the bottom of your first post, and keep it updated as the game goes on. For the start of the game, wait until everyone has made one post before posting again. This is just so that it’s easier for me to look at character sheets in the future when coming back to the first page.

Rules

Make one move or roll per post, ask me if you want to do more

When you gain a debt, add it to the document and insert a note detailing what the debt is for. When you cash in a debt, remove it from the document if they don’t refuse to honor the debt

Enjoy your time in Columbus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dylan: The man looks at you. "Ah. It's you, Dylan Mbaye. Leo described you. Said he bailed you out when a demon tried to bite your head off and to mention that?" Now you know who he is - Jack Stewart, the mage who does what the rest of Power won't do, is on their poo poo list, that Leo went to and you covered up for.

Jack has a Debt on you

"Surely you and your friends don't need everything here?" What do you do?

Ophelia: You've heard the name, but Ryouta has only been meeting with members of Wild as little as possible. No one knows what he's up to or what he's doing in the city. He looks at Echoes and says "May I have a smaller cup for tea?" She looks a little confused, but heads out to where she keeps them - giving you two a moment in private. He looks back to you and says, "Why hasn't Hades put a bounty on Nekyomanteius?" Well, perhaps you know what he's here for now. What do you do?

Leo: "Aren't you supposed to be a badass, 'Young Lion'?" She looks you up and down. "Guess you got old. But that's not my problem. This isn't a business offer. Tony owed us a lot of money, and you were the one who helped him skip town. So now you'll do work for me to deal with the werewolf problem downtown. You going to make this easy or hard?" You have no idea who this is - you've heard there was some new leadership among the vampires, and she must have not made much of an impact yet. What do you do?

Amani: "Of course. The Summer Court has been meeting with all kinds of people lately and in private. Thing is, you can never really keep a secret - I'm sure one of them or someone who collects information might be willing to talk. Or perhaps someone from the court?" You did bail out the Knight of Fire Fruit and could call that favor in, although he'll probably only know what he's been told. What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Ophelia: "Nekyomanteius had brought harm to us the last time he was out in the world, long ago. Hades told us he would put him in the Underworld forever in exchange for our help and now that deal has been broken. And it seems no one even knows that this thing is out in your city and Hades himself can't be reached? What's really going on?" You realize that you're in a very bad spot that's hasn't gotten worse because of timing - if they manage to get in touch with Hades, he'll find out about the revenant. And if you thought the debacle in Nice turned out bad for you, who knows where you'll wind up if this reaches his ears. Looking at Ryouta, you can see he wants to figure out why Hades (from his point of view) is allowing this revenant to run around in Columbus after breaking a promise to keep it contained. He's kind of realized now that's something's up though, and he wants the truth from you so he can start dealing with this problem. What do you do?

Dylan: "Hmm." His eyes go back down to the items. "Well, perhaps." You realize that he's looking for something specific among them - if you're willing to give him the one thing, he'll probably be willing to let the others go. Getting into further fights with the members of Power might be a bit too much for him even if there's a bunch of useful artifacts in here. "What do you have in mind?" What do you do?

Leo: "Good luck pitching that excuse to everyone else Tony owed. You're lucky we got to you first - I have an actual use for you. My friends and I can help keep you safe until the job is done. Maybe everyone else will calm down after that, or at least you can figure out who else is coming at you." What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 7, 2020

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dylan: Stewart looks at you, and see you're not going to attack. "Looks like Leo has some good friends," he says with a small smile. "I guess I got lucky with someone willing to talk it out." He digs around. "Your, ah...associate got her hands on quite a lot of things. Shame most of it will go back to the people you work for." He finally pulls out an strange, dark black amulet. "I think...yes! Got it. I believe this is what I need." He flips it around. "I really would like the rest though. When Hades finds out an artifact like this is gone, when he's done having his first week boning sessions or whatever with his wife, he's going to be pissed." He looks into your eyes. "Why should I give up all this protection? You owe me, Dylan. I just have to walk out with this in my hands. Hell, tell them you saw me driving away and recognized me, give 'em my name. They'll understand. All the blame off you and on me as usual. What do you say to that, Dylan?" What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dylan: "He'll have to get in line," Steward says with a grin. "Someone else wants this, and I want his help. I might not have to worry about Hades soon enough." He chuckles, and you know he doesn't seem to think this person even currently fears Hades - which is pretty strange as well. What do you do?

Amani: "Yeah, I'm alone for now," Zeke Cornett says. You go into his apartment, and he pours drinks for the two of you. As you're talking about what you want, he slowly stops drinking and stares at you. He often stares at people, so it takes a moment for you to realize he's staring at you because of what you're asking. "Amani, you're asking a lot of me here. The Summer Court is...well, they're inviting some dangerous people for vists. You're going to owe me big for this. And you're going to want to watch your step around those dangerous people." He leans back and thinks. "I want you to cut off Vincent." Do you know what Zeke's problem with Vincent is or is this something new? What do you do?

Ophelia: Ryouta eyes at you - he's trying to figure out how to benefit from this situation. "I don't know, Ophelia. This is a huge deal to us. I'm under a lot of pressure from my court to solve this. Telling them what's actually going on would be very simple. But this is your city, and your line of work. What is your plan?" Really though he's asking, 'What will you give me that's worth putting myself at risk?' What do you do?

Leo: "Smart man," she says. "There's this gang called the Downtown Claws. We're going to push them out, take over the operations in the area. Surely you've seen this kind of poo poo before? You're not that old right? We have an opportunity since the Fae are leaving for whatever reason. They're expecting us though, so I want you to soften them up in the day. We'll finish them at night." What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Amani: "I'll accept that," Zeke says. He pauses for a moment and then unconsciously lowers his voice even though it's only you two here. "The Summer Court is more aware of what the werewolves and vampires are up to then they're letting on. I think the King and Queen are legitimately pissed about something that went down in the courts, but their subjects seem to be using this opportunity to plan something. The Duchess of Summer Rose in particular has been giving aid to, uh..." He stops for a moment and you think there might be some competing magic rattling around in his head. "The Downtown Claws. They have a bar called Underground - not far from here." He gives you the address. "She gave them some magical assistance for some vampires they're dealing with and is probably getting them to do something for her in exchange. You'll have to get them to tell you what though. Good luck with that. And you didn't hear it from me." What do you do?

Ophelia: "Sounds like a good start," Ryouta says. "But in addition, I want to deliver the final blow to this revenant." It takes you a moment, but you realize that he's angling for being able to say he killed Nekyomanteus even if you do most of the work bringing him down and then ritually sending his spirit to the Underworld. What do you do?

Dylan: "Well, let's just say he should be at the top of Hade's most wanted list, and yet Hades doesn't even know he's here. The amulet will help with that even more. I think we'll be fine." You haven't seen the amulet before, and in fact the Brotherhood didn't mention that one of these artifacts was among what the rogue wizard had in her possession. Either they didn't know...or they didn't want you to know. What do you do?

Leo: Before you leave the leader makes you put down her burner's number in your phone, under Alice. As you think on the Downtown Claws while being driven back to your car it hits you - you ran into Junko Kawaguchi before. In fact, she bailed you out once when you nearly had a weapon you made stolen off you by some other gang of wolves. It was probably more because they were a rival gang operating on her turf then actually out of the kindness of her heart, but that's still yet another person you owe.

Junko has a Debt on you

You remember she was a drat good fighter and now you've got one group of people pushing you to go against her and wolves like her. What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dylan: Stewart goes around in circles a bit - you think he's making his movements erratic and unpredictable in case someone's following or tracking him. He starts heading close to downtown and towards the homes in the German Village. He goes to a house on top of a hill, but you notice a lot of people are out relaxing or talking or playing. You can park close and follow him, but this is for fairly rich people and you...well, you don't quite look like the average resident here to put it gently. People are definitely going to take notice. What do you do?

Leo: You start working on tracking down Willy. You call around, and find he's taken to hanging around various liquor stores so underage kids will give him money to get him booze. As you pull up to his current haunt, you see Old Three Eyed Willy standing, watching you drive to him. Like he was just waiting for you to show up, or more likely knew exactly when you'd be here. "Hey Leo." He finishes the lone cigarette and drops an empty bottle. "Don't stop the car." He gets in the passenger seat. "You need me for something right?" You tell him that you need to meet up with Junko and her werewolves, and he thinks for a moment. "Yeah, yeah I know her. Listen, she's a little pissed at me so I'm gonna need you to vouch for me, all right? Tell her I won't cause any more trouble. Agree to that, and I'll tell you how to get there." There's something strange going on here though. "God I hope they have cigarettes there, I had to go off a dropped pack today." What do you do?

Ophelia: "Oh my, so many problems in this city," Sloan says. "It's Jack Stewart again. Oh he hides his residences through getting other people and businesses to pay for his housing, but I know where he lives. And I know Nekyomanteius shouldn't be loose and that Hades doesn't know, so let's just keep these two facts secret okay? He's had a young visitor move in recently recently, and at first I thought - Good for him! I thought there might be an age gap thing, but it turns out his friend is your Nekyomanteius. Perhaps not so good then? Who knows what those two are getting up to. Since I gave you this information, can you at least try to make sure Jack doesn't get hurt when you're hunting his friend? I have uses for him." She scribbles down an address, and it's surprisingly close. She starts to hand it to you, and then pauses. "If you make sure Jack is okay by the end of whatever happens, I will owe you." Then she hands it to you. "Here you are. Didn't hear it from me, etc etc. Anything else or are you and your boyfriend ready to go Ghost Busting?" What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Amani: You enter inside this small bar, and the people inside take a look at you. One of them, the leader probably, speaks from the door. "If you have business here you'll have to wait a moment." A dirty man enters along with Leo, and she takes out a switchblade. She flicks it open and points the blade at Leo's neck. What do you do?

Leo: Willy looks at the road as you drive to the Underground. It's a somewhat small and and grungy bar, with a few people inside. He open the door and you follow him...right where Junko is waiting for you. She flicks open a switchblade and points it at your neck. "Hey old man." She looks at Willy. "Thanks. We're settled."

He looks apologetically at you. "Sorry Leo. I have my own problems, and I knew you were coming here." He starts to leave. Junko motions for you to go ahead. "Let's talk in private." Interestingly you notice Amani and two of her people are here as well, but that might have to wait. What do you do?

Dylan: You study the place, and see it's fairly secure against intrusion. There's a strange feel about the area that you only really pick up when you focus on the more magical aspects of this house. It's the kind of sensation that happens when a fairly complex ritual is being prepared in advance - not yet started, but you know if you go in and look you'll find the setup for it around. But as you're going around, you see another car coming by - and inside is Ophelia and another man. What do you do?

Ophelia: "Thank you dear. The other person is an Indian man with a scar on his lip, wears a black handkerchief on his neck. Stewart doesn't really have a lot of people staying at his home, so I doubt you'll have to worry about mixing him up with anyone else there."

When you're back at your car, Ryouta looks at the sword in admiration. "I want to use this on the revenant when the time for the killing blow comes." You head up to Stewart's house, but there's someone looking at it - and when you get closer you can see it's Dylan. What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Amani: It takes a moment, but you recognize the woman as Junko Kawaguichi. She's the leader of the Downtown Claws, and presumably has been getting help from the Wild side. In fact, you remember giving her information on a rival's session - a secret kept between you two. But you figured her owing you could be good in the future. And now here's a chance to use that debt. "Amani. Didn't realize it was you. I have a deal to fufill and your friend here is part of it. Sorry." What do you do?

Leo The good news is that it's not personal. The bad news is that it's professional. Looks like one of your enemies got to Junko before you. She gives you a painful poke to your neck with the knife, although no blood is drawn. "You wanna do this the easy way or the hard way Leo?" She could have already just stabbed you, so it seems like she might at least want to talk to you first. Visibly disarming yourself would get her to put down the knife, since she'd still be dangerous to you without it. "Glad you decided to come by. But why? This isn't really your kind of scene." What do you do?

Junko asks "Who's pulling your character's strings?"

Ophelia: Ryouta looks a bit annoyed at your reaction to him asking to borrow your sword, but muses on it. "I suppose we'll see when the time comes." But you can tell he's probably willing to go with your demand. When you're talking to Dylan he's mostly watching, trying to see what Dylan is like and if he's a problem or a solution. What do you do?

Dylan: Ryouta is not just any Fae, he's a ambassador to the Court of Blossoms - a pretty big deal for the Wild. But he's actually been blowing the local Wild population off and visiting people in the Power communities, asking them about what they are doing and how things are. That's pretty strange, but no one's sure what exactly he's trying to find out yet. Well, presumably no one but it seems you have a good idea of what he was trying to get information about now. What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dylan: "Hello, Dylan Mbaye of the Reformed Hermetic Brotherhood of Set." He listens to your plan. "Perhaps." You hear him talk to Ophelia. What do you do?

Ophelia. "He says he's looking for an amulet and he wants us to go for the front door while he goes in throught the side. I'd say it can't hurt to have some help, but you seem hesitant to work with him. Does this sound like a good idea to you?" What do you do?

Amani: Junko sighs and pops the switchblade back into the handle. "Fine, but give me a minute first." She starts talking to Leo. What do you do?

Leo: Junko has put the switchblade back in her pocket, but she looks hesitant. "It just isn't your day, is it old man? I'm already prepared for vampires, but...I had to get help. From your ex, I think? Duchess of the Summer Rose? Anyway she wanted you in exchange and, well, vampires don't gently caress around and I had to get what I could when I can. Good news is that I specifically said in exchange for help that proves sufficient in killing them. So if you're willing to make what she gave us in addition to your help, and we don't use any of her supplies, then I'm not hosed when I don't give you up. She'll be pissed, but honestly I figured there's no way she was helping us out of the kindness of her heart." What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 27, 2020