Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
You don't need to be scared if you understand the situation. The "corona-ism" I'm tired of is everyone acting like they're going to die.

1) Stay home as much as possible.
2) If you absolutely must leave, wear your mask and keep your distance.
3) Don't touch anything.
4) If you do catch caronavirus, it's incredibly unlikely you'll have lasting effects on your health.

Real tired of people calling it the "death plague". When an actual death plague appears, no one is going to take it seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Very much agreed, and corona nearly put me in the hospital and had me crippled for weeks. People talking about how it’ll kill you are just making it easy for idiots to not take it seriously because the death rate is... well, it’s high for something that contagious, but it’s still fairly low. What it’s more likely to do is make you insanely miserable for a week followed by a few weeks of being tired and winded all the time.

drat, sorry for the hospital visit. Seems you have a good perspective on things, though.
Again, not saying to not take it seriously (everyone should)! Calling it the death plague is exaggerating, though.

I'm wondering, was it possible to catch this late November/early December in the US last year. Me and several office workers got pretty sick with "something" going around, one after another. We all had flu shots already. I was hospitalized because I had kidney complications, but only for a couple days. Back in March we were wondering if it was actually coronavirus. Probably not, but :tinfoil: