Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

YeahTubaMike posted:

Ooooooooohhhh that reminds me that the phrase "New York Strong" needs to die. Every announcement by Andrew Cuomo featured this phrase, as well as a lengthy description of its meaning, and it was just awful.

Oh God, my work does this. Every time we get an email with updates on covid response info, etc, somewhere there is #[companyname]strong. I generally like some of the dorky poo poo we do, but this one has made me cringe from day one.

Also, people asking me what reopening phase my county will be in in a month. I don't know, I'm not the drat governor!! "Well, I'm just trying to plan." You and everyone else dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Saying that this is a "dynamic/ever evolving situation." What's worse, is some people are dumb enough, you have to say it when dealing with them.

Tsaedje posted:

Now, more than ever, buy our products

Also: now more than ever, donate to our organization.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Ew, I'm sorry to hear that. Such a stupid, empty phrase. Also, using a hashtag outside of social media is just complete bullshit altogether.

I want to also add that while I am not wishing COVID-19 on anyone, I would not be sad if every person who says "you're statistically more likely to die from [insert disease/malady/accident here]" for the purpose of letting people to let their guards down and/or take protections less seriously got it. Just saying.

Thanks, it is ridiculous. I detest hashtags in the best of times, honestly. Also, I get people who ask me if I would like them to wear a mask, while standing right next to me and I'm wearing mine. Like, yes, god drat it, why are you asking me?!

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Fat Albert in a can posted:

"We're all in this together!" No we aren't, go gently caress yourself.

Ads expressing gratitude for their front line workers. You wanna say thanks? Nothing is sincere like cash. Funny thing, cash also helps keep the lights on and food on the table; your ads do neither.

No don't you see, this is why they keep billing front line workers as "heroes.". You are supposed to do that work out of the goodness of your heart and not out the low brow desire for money.

Also: stay home, save lives!

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also, I don't know which is the biggest "gently caress you" -- not wearing a mask inside a "no mask, no service" place, wearing a mask under your chin inside a "no mask, no service" place, or providing service to maskless people as a proprietor of a "no mask, no service" place.

Nah, the biggest gently caress you is the stuff circulating Facebook telling people that if they don't want to wear a mask inside, just say they have a medical condition/disability, because then those dang employees can't make you do it! The sad thing is, most places really wouldn't touch that out of fear of being sued.