Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kane 100% committing to kayfabe, you love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STAC Goat posted:

But I can't get over finding out that Samuel Shaw beat Finn Balor AND Timothy Thatcher. NXT sounds real bad.

I legit don't know if they just built up Thatcher's submission skills so much just so they could Worf him to get Lumis over (it won't get Lumis over) or that they just literally didn't think about the implication of the finish. I'm also not sure which would be worse.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You know, I was so blinded by the match result I didn't even process that he choked out Thatcher.

What the hell is going on at NXT? How is Finn Balor actually being booked worse there? What the what?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Watching it, it was fine. Thatcher had Finn beat, and Lumis took advantage of that. Thatcher got caught while he was applying a submission, and it was seeing who would go out first between Finn or Thatcher, and it was Thatcher.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Undertaker has kids who go to school. Oh hohoho Kane your plan comes ever closer to fruition

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

What the hell is going on at NXT? How is Finn Balor actually being booked worse there? What the what?

He was likely gonna beat WALTER before the plague happened, so that's at least the second time he got screwed out of a title push by random circumstance (Seth crippling him in the match he won the Universal title in; I'm probably forgetting at least one more)

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Kane 100% committing to kayfabe, you love to see it.

He is Satan’s Favorite Demon®, after all

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless posted:

Undertaker has kids who go to school. Oh hohoho Kane your plan comes ever closer to fruition

Kane vs. Taker in a Vaccine-on-a-Pole match

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Imagine telling yourself in 1999 that Kane will one day have the power and will be willing and able to send kids into a plague to die. And it's NOT a storyline! Wouldn't you just walk into the ocean?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown Results 7/31:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • The show opened on Bayley and Sasha cackling. Old school promos to camera by various wrestlers about their matches tonight aired.
  • Bray was on the Firefly Funhouse talking about The Fiend going after Universal Champion Braun Strowman.
  • AJ Styles (C) defeated Gran Metalik in a singles match to retain the Intercontinental Championship. AJ attacked Lince Dorado post-match.
  • Baron Corbin approached a suspicious Chad Gable backstage and insisted that his "King's Ransom" on accused literal rapist Matt Riddle was open to Gable to try and cash in on.
  • A recap of the Bar Fight between Sheamus and Jeff Hardy last week aired. Jeff was then shown being congratulated backstage.
  • Jeff came out to a promo which was interrupted by Baron Corbin. Drew Gulak attacked Corbin from behind.
  • Baron Corbin defeated Drew Gulak despite a distraction by accused literal rapist Matt Riddle. Riddle attacked Corbin postmatch but Corbin was saved by Chad Gable.
  • BIG E defeated The Miz in a singles match despite attempted interference by John Morrison (who was ejected from ringside).
  • A gleeful Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura wouldn't get Lucha House Party join them for their championship party (two flutes of champagne) backstage.
  • Sheamus admitted in a backstage interview that he made a mistake having a Bar Fight with Hardy, but he was done with him now and that was bad news for everybody else.
  • Naomi defeated Lacey Evans in a singles match.
  • Mandy and Otis were walking backstage and decided to go on a date (during the show?). Mandy left to get ready but got jumped by Sonya Deville, covered in lipstick and had chunks of her hair cut out. Miz and Morrison cut jokes about it and a furious Tucker shouted at them.
  • Bayley (C) beat Nikki about as clean as could be in a singles match to retain her Smackdown Women's Championship.
  • The show ended with a shocked Nikki in the ring with Alexa after a cackling Bayley left with Sasha. The PC hostages tried to applaud Nikki but she was too distraught, shoved over Alexa and raced out of the ring.
  • Alexa was left alone when the lights went out, came back red and The Fiend slowly (really loving creepily too) gave her the Mandible Claw to end the show.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 1, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I tried to only watch Sasha/Bayley but they got Fiend all over it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Alexa was left alone when the lights went out, came back red and The Fiend slowly (really loving creepily too) gave her the Mandible Claw to end the show.

https://streamable.com/kuf42v

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That's uh, not great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah that at the end was super gross.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what in the name of god

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Look, Kane might be bad, and The Fiend may be assaulting women under the red lights, but Lowtax still owns Something Awful and posts front page articles

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Putting aside the extreme ickiness of that and of WWE's general recent pattern of women being used as props for men to attack to hurt other men.

I'm struck by how bad it looks that everyone turns into a simpering scared child when Bray puts on his scary mask. I get that its supposed to be a horror movie but people make fun of horror movies that bad where the victim spends 5 minutes walking into the attack.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I am Alexa's disappointed face knowing what's about to happen next

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

jesus haploid christ this is disgusting

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

oldpainless posted:

His fiendish plan for getting revenge on the Undertaker by giving him more work

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow.

Normally they hedge this kind of thing, but. That's a male wrestler intentionally attacking a female wrestler that is not instigating or fighting back at all. That's gotta be the first time that's happened in a while.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MJeff posted:

Wow.

Normally they hedge this kind of thing, but. That's a male wrestler intentionally attacking a female wrestler that is not instigating or fighting back at all. That's gotta be the first time that's happened in a while.

Randy Orton attacked Beth Phoenix like 3 months ago. And she too put up no fight at all and was never once shown to be a.. you know... wrestler.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STAC Goat posted:

Randy Orton attacked Beth Phoenix like 3 months ago. And she too put up no fight at all and was never once shown to be a.. you know... wrestler.

Oh yeaaaaaaah.....

Although if I remember right, didn't she slap him?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jesus. This absolutely didn't need the violence to drive the point home and honestly would of been creepier if he threatened violence and than different. Possibly still inappropriate but heads and trails above this mess.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Like she was at least talking poo poo which in wrestling logic makes it acceptable.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Bray Wyatt is the worst wrestler of all time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Watch the tall scary man standing menacingly over the much smaller woman, who's quivering in fear. Now watch him extend his hand as slowly as possible as she makes no attempt to fight back, and then forcefully enter her mouth until she falls unconscious.

No I don't see any uncomfortable imagery here why do you ask.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oh god I just realized they might go fully Harley Quinn with Alexa.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why couldn't they have just had swamp Bray actually succeed

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ok I legit don't want to watch that, is it just fridging her over the vague connection to Braun?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spiderdrake posted:

Ok I legit don't want to watch that, is it just fridging her over the vague connection to Braun?

He hovers over her for a sec, he holds his hand in front of her, then he gives her the mandible claw.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I honestly couldn't take that seriously enough to see it from the "actual violence" aspect.

Not that you guys are wrong. Just saying that it was so dumb and horribly done that it didn't register at first.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MJeff posted:

He hovers over her for a sec, he holds his hand in front of her, then he gives her the mandible claw.
He actually hovers for like a minute, which makes it incredibly worse than it already sounds.

PASS THE MASH posted:

Like she was at least talking poo poo which in wrestling logic makes it acceptable.

I mean, she was mad he had tried to cripple her husband. But yeah, I guess that's "talk poo poo, get hit" by WWE standards.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, she was mad he had tried to cripple her husband. But yeah, I guess that's "talk poo poo, get hit" by WWE standards.

Beth slaps Randy, Randy stares her down, Beth kicks Randy, Randy RKOs her. Not to say that Randy RKOing Beth isn't, y'know, awful, just that Bray attacking Alexa in these circumstances is, from a kayfabe perspective, one of the most outright villainous things I can think of a heel doing in WWE in a while.

Although I guess Corbin did try to kill Rey and Black.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh yeah and Alexa, when faced with THE FIEND BRAY WYATT managed to hold it together better than Seth did, just for the record.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

Everything involving him has sucked for a longer period of time than not since the Nexus all the way back a full decade ago, and it's honestly kinda impressive? Like if you tried that hard, for that long, to make anything work, you'd accidentally succeed noticeably at least once surely

Husky got Nexus'd
Bray got Cena'd and never really recovered
The team with Matt didn't even last four months
Fiend got HIAC'd, briefly recovered with the Cena match, and then fell off a cliff again with Braun

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OctoberCountry posted:

Come on he's only the 4th worst wrestler on the Earth assuming Muneco and Pinocho haven't retired.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

STAC Goat posted:

how are you supposed to fight back against the rko when it comes outta nowhere?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my favorite part is the crowd's incredibly flat "booooooooooooooooooooooooo" that only broke out when the fiend actually put the claw on, the crowd was dead silent beforehand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Beth Phoenix had at least spent a good chunk of her career being portrayed as big and strong and powerful enough to be able to go toe to toe with men sometimes to soften the blow, Alexa's whole schtick is being small and unimposing, so, y'know, that's great.