Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Here's some guys who suck:

https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/status/1278152944999788544

Also, continuing the stuff from the last thread, the best TE games of the last decade: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2020/quick-reads-decade-review-te-games

Which starts off: Kelce, Gates, Gronk, Gronk, Vernon, Gronk, Gates for the top 7 games.

lol if Brady did the superman celebration this rear end in a top hat would have loved it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh gently caress no he wouldn’t. This is something he’s consistent about.

I mean, I don't know the guy, but did he get mad about this

or this

or this

I don't see how Cam dabbing or supermanning is any different than these lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Spiking a football is the only dumb old white guy approved celebration.

even if it is preceded by gyrating?!

*updates dumb_old_white_guy_approved_celebrations.xls*

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes. Yes he did. In fact he intentionally never called him Gronk because he doesn’t like nicknames either.

okay well I was wrong then!

my new question is why are you listening to this guy's show lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I live a boring life.

I realized after I asked you why you listen to it that I regularly check Omar Kelly's timeline

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

oh god, I just figured it out

Washington Redtails

gets rid of the racist native american stuff
pro-military
pro-black

lol

Ehud fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 3, 2020

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fartknocker posted:

I mean, I’d be cool with a P-51 killing Nazis on the side of an NFL helmet.

yeah I just did some searches and realized people have been pro-Redtails for a while!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DJAX is Costanza lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2J5vViQgJU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

man, Tua is gonna be so healthy by the time anyone plays football! I can't wait!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Apparently it was since it's gone now. What was it?

It was about DJax trying to educate himself about antisemitism and it started, "DeSean Jackson met with an antisemitic group yesterday"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

george lucas won't go down without a fight

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Phobeste posted:

This is weird and not funny fyi

why are you ruining the fun of tittiekisser69

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol did dan Snyder start the team renaming process to try and buy some good will before this poo poo storm hits?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

People who sit on stories are worse than Hitler I'm looking at you slasher tell us what the gently caress dr disrespect did already

He had two interviews drop today

https://www.pcgamer.com/interview-dr-disrespect-talks-about-his-twitch-ban-the-rumors-and-his-future/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/07/16/dr-disrespect-is-speaking-again/

he claims he doesn't know why he was banned, no one at twitch has ever told him, etc.

But I think this part of the article is very telling...

quote:

Okay, I just have one question that's semi-related, because there's also this current climate online of people coming forward to share stories of sexual harassment and abuse in the games industry. Twitch recently has banned several streamers who have been outed as sexual harassers, abusers, and otherwise toxic individuals. To your knowledge is your Twitch ban the result of someone alleging that you harassed, abused, or assaulted them in any way?

Listen, I'm not interested in engaging crazy speculation. I've seen all the theories, I've seen all the possible conspiracies, and it's just like, I'm just not interested in engaging that type of stuff. I have a great community of loyal fans and I'm totally focused on getting back and delivering great, entertaining content and that's where the focus is.

That (non)answer + the recent reckoning on twitch for sexual misconduct stuff...I'd be shocked if it was anything but that kind of poo poo.

He's completely full of poo poo. There is no way Twitch permanently banned their most marketable streamer for no reason :rolleyes:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

Exactly which again is why Slasher is an awful human being as is anyone sitting on wtf Dan Snyder did

FWIW and you might have already seen this -

slasher was on with Hasan and he said that he's afraid to say what he knows without being able to publish it somewhere that will offer him indemnity.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Can somebody post the article

edit here it is https://outline.com/CdyCuU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what the hell

“Snyder routinely belittled top executives, according to three former members of his executive staff, perhaps most intensely Greene, the former sales executive, whom Snyder mocked for having been a male cheerleader in college. After one executive staff meeting, according to one former employee, Greene said Snyder had ordered him to do cartwheels for their entertainment.”

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Just finished.

Basically a perfect storm of rear end in a top hat men in charge and no system set up to report bad behavior.

No way Snyder was unaware of how toxic the environment was for women.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Here's a good topic, who's a player that made you love football? Robert Brooks was one of mine along with Antonio Freeman and Sterling Sharpe.

Marino. I watched every Dolphins game on TV from like 1990 until his retirement.

1995 was the first time I realized the super bowl was probably never gonna happen. Dolphins blew a 21-6 halftime lead. Pete Stoyanovich (who ironically did the kicking scenes as Ray Finkle in Ace Ventura one year prior) missed a game winning FG with 1 second to go.

It’s been all downhill ever since.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DC Sentinels is an extremely second or third tier football league name

so I love it!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

Why does everyone in TFF think football names should be something zazzy. Every football name is boring. It's the point.

I just like stuff that has some tie to the region.

Miami has Dolphins, cool

Green Bay has a historical tie to the Packers name, cool

New England is filled with racists who love jingoistic bullshit, cool

but what the hell does Tennessee have to do with a Titan or DC with a Sentinel?

these are the questions I have!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah like the New York Jets ......oh

what a terrible name for an NFL team, it reminds me of that tragedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkSMSbFV_q0

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I've had the X-Men animated series theme stuck in my head all day

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

Football exists solely to sell the product to as many people as possible. The reason you make team names bland and inoffensive is for the millions upon millions of puds out there that love bland and inoffensive.

There's military bases all over the DC area so Sentinels pays tribute to that. I don't think military names should be mixed into the league at all but I don't decide the name.

I don’t even know what a sentinel is tbh

I drank coffee today and I just felt like posting

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It’s a soldier who stands still guarding something

terrible name for a football team then because footwork is really important

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Keith Atherton posted:

Oh thanks! Have no good ideas at the moment but will PM you when I do. I’m awful at clever user names, bar trivia names, and posting!

Name yourself The Ellen Show

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

super bowl

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I would trade two first round picks for an All-Pro potential player who's still on his rookie contract pretty much every single time.

The chances you draft two starters with these picks is around 50%, give me the 100% odds on the young superstar every time

The Seahawks can’t really enjoy the rookie deal though. Adams forced his way out of NY because he wants a new deal. Now he has even more leverage with Seattle because they gave up a shitload to get him.

They either have to extend him soon or he’s going to make himself a problem in Seattle.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I miss Andrew Luck

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Great! I’m glad his hip bone is connected to his leg bone.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Can you lose a leg to the covid? Cause that guy would find a way.

Tua is gonna be just fine. I am praying for his health.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Christians love using the word "wrestle" lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

Player references god, TFF climbs over itself to call him weird

I’m wrestling with how to reply to this post

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JT Jag posted:

I think people should try to figure out a new Antonio Noun

are you proposing some sort of contest to award the Antonio Crown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Athanatos posted:

I just had a flash of TFF in 5 months when the season has been canceled.

Yikes.

you know what would cheer you up

rename the guy who started the whole thing “Antonio Clown”