Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I have looked around and couldn't find anything concrete, so here goes. The dust hasn't settled over the forums, but I wanna know if we are doing anything, or if we should get started on a project to help out Lowtax's ex wife and daughter. As you are all aware, Lowtax has used his position to threaten his ex wife's immigration status as leverage to get control over his daughter. I feel that we as a community are partly responsible for their hardship, as we supported Lowtax to where he could be in a comfortable financial position to make their life miserable.

I know a couple of immigration lawyers who I could reach out for help, though they are not in the state of Missouri. Nevertheless, they could help steer her in the right direction.

Also, are we doing a fundraiser for them? This is something I could also help set up, but we would need to find a way to get in touch with them first to set them up as beneficiaries. Maybe Logan can help?

If efforts are already underway, please point me in the right direction so I can donate and help however I can. I grew up in an environment of domestic abuse similar to the one they went through, so this whole thing has been in the back of my mind for a week. The fact that they have been living in a shelter while Lowtax rides around in a GTR makes my blood boil, so I wanna do something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

The consensus in the Yikeseroo thread seems to be that us trying to fundraise for his wife and daughter can negatively impact her in regards to the legal process so that's why it's not being done. This includes from people who seem to be in real-life contact with her.

Does that include legal help? I’m hoping she already has good legal counsel.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I like that idea.