Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://vimeo.com/173106148

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

thought this was going to go into that one canadian PSA about domestic abuse. I was happy it didn't.

I got a Mr. Coffee machine and it makes good drip coffee and I love it.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

When I was in the navy they had coffee 'makers' similar to this,

I was cranking and assigned to the officers' wardroom. One day I decided to drink some coffee from their machine it was so loving sour and nasty, I had to look inside to see why.

It had never been cleaned and the walls caked with years of coffee crud. I proceeded to clean, then run baking soda and water through it, then drain and fill it. Afterwards one of the officers, a mustang, said the coffee tasted different and he didn't like it.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Literally A Person posted:

The best coffee is $0.50/cup bodega coffee. A fun game is to try and guess how many days it's been sitting in the pot before you got to it.

That's some pretty low-level posting if I ever saw any.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bronze Fonz posted:

That's some pretty low-level posting if I ever saw any.

Hey man, posting at the highest level can only be done in one thread at a time. Also, :lol: if you don't love bodega coffee.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Sir, this is a dépanneur.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bronze Fonz posted:

Sir, this is a dépanneur.

This is absolutely the classiest word to use for a place where you buy condoms and hostess brand snack cakes.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Inverted Icon posted:

Nah breh, cold brew + soda stream

Zionist scum

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I do too, especially with a diner style breakfast.

When the coffee hits the burn leftover from the tabasco on the hash browns and eggs, nothing like it man.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

feelix posted:

It's a rarity here in Miami. I don't like espresso or espresso-based drinks. I make my own hot coffee and cold brew in a French press and it's good, but gently caress sometimes I just want some of that gas station or Denny's level poo poo

come to nj op, diners is the only thing we got goin for us.... i also love lovely diner drip coffee...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Slumpy posted:

come to nj op, diners is the only thing we got goin for us.... i also love lovely diner drip coffee...

Living in New Jersey was my first and sadly only taste of "diner culture" and I really miss it. It's p much the only thing from New Jersey that is anywhere near enjoyable.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
god i miss diners. gently caress covid.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
I literally go anywhere and they grind their own beans and do 12 different kinds of coffee because I dont live in hell

Normal loving country built by immigrants who also gave us good things.

Jeffrey Dahmer fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 2, 2020

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

I literally go anywhere and they grind their own beans and do 12 different kinds of coffee because I dont live on hell

Normal loving country built by immigrants that gave us good things.

Shut the gently caress up, you're not special because you Googled some poo poo that makes you look smart when you talk about coffee beans

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

feelix posted:

Shut the gently caress up, you're not special because you Googled some poo poo that makes you look smart when you talk about coffee beans

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I drink Maxwell House coffee black and it is fine

I'm not a coffee gourmet, I don't know poo poo from rear end, but I need a coffee every morning or so. It works.:effort:

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Inverted Icon posted:

Nah breh, cold brew + soda stream

Won't this gently caress up a SodaStream? WireCutter tells me they can only handle water (official SodaStream machines, I mean).

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather drink tea than maxwell house. TEA.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Shinjobi posted:

I drink Maxwell House coffee black and it is fine

I'm not a coffee gourmet, I don't know poo poo from rear end, but I need a coffee every morning or so. It works.:effort:

Its the caffeine hit, and whatever is easy. Amen.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_w_wXizvSQ

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think coffee has been a status thing for a while which is why you see people get such strong opinions about drinking expensive stuff.

There’s some nice cafes around here I used to like to go to with the other half as a rainy day date or w/e but even though it is good you’re more paying for the experience/something to do. Comfy chairs, a cozy atmosphere, cribbage, the americano itself isn’t worth 5 bucks which is why I’ll never really get people that show up to work and after lunch everyday with a takeout cup from those sorts of places, that’s like 200 bucks a mo on coffee so you have a trendy paper cup I guess. I’ll brew a drip before I leave and maybe grab one of the office pods in the afternoon, not what I would call good stuff but it’s perfectly drinkable.

Gas station drop ain’t bad imo, some have gotten pretty fancy and straight up grind your beans per order, but still only cost like a buck or so for the largest size.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Won't this gently caress up a SodaStream? WireCutter tells me they can only handle water (official SodaStream machines, I mean).

Before i found out SodaStream were Zionist scum I was putting vodka and Campari and all kinds of stuff in there. Its literally just adding C02 to a liquid.

Its not a big thing.

Unlike Israel being an apartheid state equivalent to if not worse than Nazi Germany.

Jeffrey Dahmer fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 2, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Walrus posted:

I'd rather drink tea than maxwell house. TEA.

I would recommend you do not drink Maxwell House, then.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
I drink instant every day, every morning when i get to work.

I love it, it bases me, reminds me where I came from and where I could be, and then I go do a job I love.

People do the moring coffee run say " Hey want me to get you a (good) coffee?" every day, its a joke now, they know the answer.

I dont.

Jeffrey Dahmer fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 2, 2020

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Uhm thank you but I prefer the term Scionist

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

Go to NJ. Diners are a culture unto themselves and have good food and good coffee.

RadCatHoarder
May 22, 2020

by Athanatos
I really prefer coffee roasted within the past week (locally) and freshly ground just before brewing. Those two things make a huge difference in taste.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

skooma512 posted:

I do too, especially with a diner style breakfast.

When the coffee hits the burn leftover from the tabasco on the hash browns and eggs, nothing like it man.

I worked nights and used to get to the diner at about 330 on my way home. Something about a diner omelette (bacon and cheddar) and hash browns with a cup of bad coffee with that weird burnt taste from sitting on the hot plate for hours was perfect. I usually hate burnt coffee but in that context it kicks rear end.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

FogHelmut posted:

Go to NJ. Diners are a culture unto themselves and have good food and good coffee.

i just told my gf i really wanted to go to a diner in new jersey

she said she wanted to go swimming......gross

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

feelix posted:

Cuban coffee is loving gross and for fat people

People who don't know what we're talking about : Cuban coffee is so sweet it literally gets syrupy because the sugar is supersaturated

While you're probed just think about how wrong you are.

Anyway if any Miami goons are reading this please send me a case of canned Cuban coffee. TIA

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm the only person in the house who drinks coffee so I have one of those little 4-cup coffee makers and I put it within arm's reach of my bed. When I start to wake up on weekends I roll over and turn it on and I get to slowly rise from bed to the smell of fresh coffee. It's nice and I like it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
coffee snobs are aliens to me. I'm drinking some cold coffee I made yesterday afternoon. Usually i buy beans from winco but we're out so I'm just using some preground stuff, idk brand, i think it has vanilla who cares. it's a good bitter drink and drug, doesnt need to have weird plant or animal byproducts dumped in. doesnt need to be hot, the beans dont need everything at some specific temperature and steeping time, hit the button, drink the stuff. the first time i ever drank coffee it was sour because it had been sitting in the pot for weeks and i still liked it. you can straight up just eat the roasted coffee beans and its good. if i had my way nobody would even make coffee, we'd just make our beds out of wet mounds of coffeegrounds and you'd just suckle coffeedew from the night's sweat

one of my least favourite experiences is being in a situation where you have to pretend the extraneous labor that goes into a beanfreaks special methods are significant or impactful in any perceivable way.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The Tyranny of the Beanfreaks.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

One thing I've noticed with coffee vs tea drinkers; supposed tea fanatics often decline when offered a cup, whereas a coffee drinker has already shoved you aside to make it themselves.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i buy the cheapo preground tub and just make a giant pot of drip coffee

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

:barf:

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Do you all have poo poo coffee culture in the US?

Yes we’re all identical :rolleyes:

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Sometimes you just really want the stereotypical cup of diner coffee to go with your diner breakfast.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

you guys ever try subway coffee?

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

SPACE HOMOS posted:

When I was in the navy they had coffee 'makers' similar to this,

I was cranking and assigned to the officers' wardroom. One day I decided to drink some coffee from their machine it was so loving sour and nasty, I had to look inside to see why.

It had never been cleaned and the walls caked with years of coffee crud. I proceeded to clean, then run baking soda and water through it, then drain and fill it. Afterwards one of the officers, a mustang, said the coffee tasted different and he didn't like it.

Rascallion posted:

Op you have detected the third, secret dimension of coffee: mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I kinda like Pilot truck stop coffee because it means I'm on a road trip which is fun.