Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We're here to joke and not talk about good names but how are Hogs so low on the list?

They've already established the culture to shift to that easily, even if it was 30 years ago or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

What's the last national conversation we had about the plight of Native Americans that didn't involve mascot names?

Huh, the Dakota pipeline was 4 years ago now, that was the first that sprung to mind as getting national attention and I didn't realize it had been that long.

Of course if you pay a bit of attention you know they're getting hosed constantly by both of the current national crises.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blind Pineapple posted:

I would say they could generally keep the theme with "Washington Powhatans" if done tastefully and in conjunction with native groups, but it's Dan Snyder in charge, so...

People being people even if they tried to do it right (which they wouldn't) I think this ship has sailed. No matter how respectful you try to be any sort of native american imagery will end up with fans showing up in headdresses and other bullshit.

Just pick an animal or some sort of tree or something people think about when they think of DC and go with it. Same for the Indians/Braves/Chiefs even those aren't as obviously racist.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

You can remind yourself of everything stupid he did up to 2010 here

You can add to the list that he sued the paper for defamation over this article

Been thinking about this article and the incredibly aggressive lawsuit with how Snyder will deal with this stuff.

He went to the damned mattresses over this solely on the picture at the top of the article being antisemitic (and that pic wasn't necessary to be fair...I guess). And he could not address any other point in the article because they were all just true.

No matter what happens he's going to claim to be the victim and he's going to march an army of lawyers out to make everyone as miserable as possible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh definitely, the ...I guess in there should be read as I guesssssssssss.