Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Washington Commandos would have been cooler, and I guarantee some old color commentators or other sports people will call them that by mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

RumbleFish posted:

Everything about this rebrand is so lazy and uninspired and they had multiple years to do it.

lol

DanSnyder.txt

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

wyoak posted:

the different helmets made me google and find out that the NFL is allowing two helmet designs per team in 2022, have other teams released theirs? Or are they all just doing throwbacks with the second design

I don’t think anyone else has released anything yet, but it’s not uncommon for that sort of stuff to come out in March or April.

Going off-hand of teams that have spoken of this in the past, Tampa will likely do a creamsicle orange throwback as they did in the late 00s. Seattle has hinted at wanting to do a silver helmet alternate or throwback jersey at multiple points over the years.

Beyond that, I don’t think these teams or anyone associated directly with them have spoken about it like Tampa or Seattle, but it’s suspected that New England would do their Pat Patriot throwbacks again, Buffalo might do a red helmet/early 90s throwback, Atlanta might also bring back the red helmet for an alternate/throwback, and maybe the Chargers doing a dark helmet with their navy alternates.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Has any name change (not associated with a relocation) ever gone well?

If ya wanna go way back, the New York Jets were originally the New York Titans. They used throwbacks to those original teams a bit from like 2008 to 2010 or so.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes: this guy gets it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

A team changing its name to its owner, only to have them ousted would be pretty :haw:.

Now I want to see it.

Not the owner, but this is basically the Cleveland Browns when Art Modell fired Paul Brown.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Alaois posted:

you're asking us to remember all the way back to a time when this website had Washington fans

I’ll just assume it was A man and his dog because that wouldn’t be in the top 5 of dumb/horrible things he did.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Racing Stripe posted:

Remember when he wore a suit on the sidelines that one time? That was cool. He should have stuck with doing that.

Edit: maybe that was mike nolan. It was a coach of a team that was bad circa 2008.

They both did it. Nolan was first with the 49ers as a tribute to his father who coached back in the day, Del Rio did it a few years later in Jacksonville although I don’t remember his reason why.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Racing Stripe posted:

Hell yeah, perfect memory confirmed.

Another thing I remembered recently: the "earth wind and fire" running back corps of the Giants. It was Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and, uh, ???? Not Tiki Barber, right? Also who was earth, who was wind, and who was fire? And why? I'm sure the reasoning was very coherent and in no way a stupid media creation.

Alaois posted:

Ahmad Bradshaw

Yeah, Jacobs was Earth, Ward was Wind, Bradshaw was Fire for the 2008 team after they won the Super Bowl. Jacobs was basically the main big back, Ward would come in after him and go against tired defenders, and Bradshaw was the change of pace back.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Nobody likes Commanders. If Snyder does sell the team I think they will change it again

I can't imagine the league would let the name change again particularly soon.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/lizroscher/status/1646611785523372032

Holy poo poo, this timeline of poo poo goes on forever

It goes on forever and there’s still stuff they left out! Sean Taylor’s death, the circumstances behind the hiring of Jim Zorn, Swinging Gate, expired World Cup beer, and probably some other notable/memorable stuff aren’t mentioned.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

what is dc's signature dish?

Corruption.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Crossquoting:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Darth Brooks posted:

Washington Magic is not bad.

Washington Johnsons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Cowboys: Same uniform design with different colors

e: Cow Boys, like Roughriders vs. Rough Riders

They steal from the CFL but end up as the Washington Redblacks