Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
:siren: Hi, I'm an idiot and a shitposters and I shouldn't be taken seriously at all. :siren: BUT, someone suggested I make a thread and chronicle my journey through the attitude era becau se they think it would be interesting. Each post I make will be a new episode or PPV, I'm going to watch all of it in order from august 11, 1997 to may 6, 2002. I'm aware that the attitude era technically started in 1996 but I already started and I don't really need to go back.

I implore people to tell me this thread sucks if it starts to suck and people get bored and the mods to immediately and ruthlessly purge this thread from existence because this is bare minimum going to be 350+ posts and I don't want to write a small novel if nobody's reading it!

:siren: I refuse to google, read into, or do extra work into understanding the weird poo poo I see. It's all new to me so if they introduce something and I speculate on it, please do not spoil it for me. :siren:

Format: I'm just going to go by each segment as they are labelled by the WWE network, which usually is very easy and straightforward. "X vs Y" "Z interview" "backstage with B" etc.

I will not skip anything and I am fully aware that everyone skips something and you don't need to actually watch RAW in its fullest or even an episode in its fullest but I don't care, drat it. :colbert:

What do you even like about Wrestling, you big fat nerd? I like stupid poo poo, genuinely impressive athleticism and story lines with good payoff. With my current experience I loved the MJF/Cody story line16:02, the buildup, Cody working his way through stipulations and then eventually, sadly, losing. It was great. The only crime in wrestling is if it's boring as poo poo (or someone gets killed in it, and yes, I am aware of Owen Hart).

EDIT: What do you even KNOW about Wrestling(SPECIFICALLY WWE), you big fat nerd? I know about the Montreal Screwjob, Owen Hart dying, Roman Reigns sucks(?), John Cena never loses, Vince is a crazy person, nobody loses to the undertaker at wrestlemania, many WWE video games loving suck, WWE apparently likes to "waste" talent.

Without Further Ado, let us begin:

September 8, 1997

Sargent Slaughter Makes An Announcement: 00.00 - 14:12: Such a great segment. I don't even know who Sargent Slaughter is, and I love that his boss is apparently named Gorilla Monsoon which is easily the best name I've ever heard. Stone Cold has been suspended for being an rear end in a top hat and not taking his injury seriously and then he shows up and attacks him. Holy gently caress. It's a pretty great segment and Stone Cold is hilarious. I honestly love this dude. He reminds me of a Trailer Park Boys character and would fit on that show's glory days perfectly.

Security attempts to eject stone cold: 14:12 - 16:02: This is kinda just a continuation of the former section. Decent commentary and such from Vince/Ross/Lawler

Bret Hart Vs Vader: No Holds Barred Match: 16:02 - 28:24:
- Bret Hart works the crowd really well. The Canada vs USA angle is so great. "I"m gonna beat your rear end in front of all these Americans!"
- Vader is so goofy looking, but he also beat Bret Hart with a championship belt and broke the Canadian flag pole, so I already like him.
- Okay, I love this match. First, Vader is barely doing any sells and it is a great "Big Man No Hurt" angle, I love it, then the british bulldog runs in and they start destroying vader, followed by the Patriot, then Owen, and they set up the patriot for a piledriver and in comes steve austin?, There's a wonderful shot of Steve pulling Owen Hart as he screams in abject terror and tries to pull himself to safety with the apron. Great poo poo! I loved it! What an awesome match.

The Godwinns v the Headbangers: 28:24 - 35:56
- This match is apparently not sanctioned. Some decent comedy here. Vince: I mean, the headbangers aren't going to show up, they shouldn't if they're smart-*headbanger entrance theme plays* Oh Okay.
- Lmao just roasting the absolute gently caress out of lawler here. "Look at them wearing dresses in the match!" "yeah almost as much as wearing a crown on your head all the time"
"Look at his underwear!" "Wh-why are you focusing on that?"
- Marylin Manson reference. :guinness:
- UNCLE CLETUS GODWIN wearing a loving confederate ball cap. :sigh: I don't like these Godwins very much, since the whole thing seems to be "Appalachian hill folk" which is kind of, not really my thing? (This is not an indictment on the people of appalachia, I loved the Silver John stories and generally don't hate "rednecks", but this whole yeehaw moonshine family clan thing isn't very interesting. Short match.

Dude Love vs Brian Pillman: 35:57 - 47:00:
- Sunny, some announcer is bragging to the crowd that she gets to hang out in the men's locker room by the showers. :vince:
- I love Dude Love. Took me a bit to realize him and Mankind were the same performer since they're both very different.
- Calls in Golddust and oh gently caress why is Brian Pillman making videos about degrading Marlene here? Why is it called Pillman's XXX files? :gowron: And there's going to be multiple parts of this. Cool! It's sleazy and awful. Oh and after all that poo poo there isn't even going to be a match.

Piratita Morgan vs Max Mini: 47:00 - 55:00
- Jerry Lawler apparantly really mad that this little person(?) stole his crown at the last PPV. They bully the hell out of Lawler throughout the entire match. For some reason, they call Morgan "Parina Morgan" while the app says it's Piratita.
- Holy poo poo the acrobatics Max can do is awesome. Big props to morgan for the sells too.
- That was overall pretty quick. Then they start talking about an upcoming Hell in the Cell match, which I guess is the first one ever (sponsored by Sony Playstation, lol). Is there a "90's" smilie?

Vince McMahon interviews the Undertaker: 55:00 - 101:45
- Does the entrance for an interview. lol
- Not much to say. Hyping up for the PPV, good stuff.

Sunny Interviews the Hart Foundation: 101:45 - 1:02:47:
- A literal minute, so there's not really anything to say. I really like Owen Hart because he's literally the most Canadian guy. That seems to be just how he talks, lol.

Owen Hart vs Goldust: 1:02:48 - 1:09:48:

- Owen has heat, you can visibly see the crowd screaming at him, flipping him off, drat. Goldust doing a triple, wait, quadruple, okay, septupple loving lowblow to the testicles and the crowd is just LOVING IT.
- Austin leaping into the match and beating people up with a loving broom and then throwing it at Vince is some funny poo poo. They do a great job selling Steve as a crazy man.
- Oh good XXX Files part 2. Why is the title screen him strangling her from behind????

Vince McMahon interviews the Hart Foundation: 1:09:49 - 1:11:27:
- lmao Bret Hart crying about Austin being a meanie after all the heel poo poo they do all the time

Triple H vs The Patriot vs Savio Vega: 1:11:28 - Finish:
- Love introduction interrupts.
- Vince: A little advice to gamers everywhere, never underestimate the power of playstation! :smug:
- I notice the crowd likes to hold up signs and block the view of the cameras a fair bit. It's pretty annoying. :colbert: Someone keeps holding up a sign that says "JESSE AND BILLY ARE GAY" for some reason. :eyepop:
- Lawler yelling about Bill Clinton trying to run everyone's lives.
- Shawn Michaels taking on commentary to make sure people follow the rules despite the fact that he literally beat the poo poo out of the british bulldog less than 5 minutes ago :laffo:
- Hunter takes the pin and everyone on tonight surrounds D-Generation X in the ring.

Kind of ended on a weird note, the Harts arrived in the last 5 seconds and it's over. Wrestling is so weird sometimes. Great episode, aside from the Goldust and Pillman stuff. I loved the match with Vader, it was genuinely fun!

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Dell_Zincht posted:

OP should go back and watch it anyway because it's one of the best non-major WWE PPVs of all time

I will do this tomorrow. Its 1am here and im going to bed. But thats my only time travel. I'll also try to get like, two more episodes of RAW in.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Alright, here we go once again, and this time, it's with a request from:

Jerusalem posted:

Hell yes, the Canada vs. America Angle spearheaded by Bret Hart is legitimately one of my absolute favorite storylines ever in WWE.

So glad you're doing the PPVs as well, because In Your House: Canadian Stampede is absolutely a show I recommend watching when you get up to that point. The main event is one of the hottest crowds you will ever see/hear.

Yeah!

So without further bullshit, here's my uh...let's watch? I'm going to not bother with Timecodes because they're pointless, so...pour your guiness, dump into a bowl your beef jerky and let's fricken' do it!

In Your House: Canadian Stampede

July 6, 1997

Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs Mankind
- Chyna is awesome. She's an absolutely swole as gently caress goon, backing up her boyfriend(?)
- Lmao, throwing Mankind into a penalty box and then piling in. Crowd went loving wild, I love it.

A look at WWE's weekend in Calgary
- Kind of a boring segment.
- Nice to see wholesome Bret Hart content, signing autographs for every single one of his fans. That poo poo is no joke. Can be very tiring.

The Hart Foundation is Ready For Action
- Okay little segment. Austin interrupted the interview for some lil threats.

Taka Michinoku vs Great Sasuke
- So I don't know wh-wait Mankind and Hunter are still fighting? Holy poo poo guys
- these guys have trouble pronouncing Japanese names. "Saw soo kay"
- Crowd doesn't seem engaged. Oh well.
- drat these kicks though.
- Wow, that suicide di- oh, there's a fan holding a sign that says "WCW: Where the GAY boys play." :sigh:
- drat these guys pulled out the loving stops this match is wild, so acrobatic. Crowd warmed up and ended up getting very loud. very fun match, i recommend to watch

Mankind & HHH brawl in the parking lot
- Oh god, breaking a shovel over Mankind's back. wow.
- It was really good stuff, Mankind sure seems to like getting hosed up, thrown into poo poo and having poo poo broken on him.

Paul Bearer talks about the Undertaker
- At least I know who the gently caress this guy is now, the first episode I saw him in he basically just screamed "UNDERTAKER YOUR BROTHER IS COMING AHHHHHHHHHHH" and then it ended. That was wild as hell.

Vader vs The Undertaker: WWE Championship
- ITS TIME ITS TIME ITS TIME. I like this fuckin' ape.
- Is the Undertaker capable of entering the wrestling ring without looking like the final boss of an RPG? I am not complaining, this guy's entrances are the pinnacle of P R E S E N T A T I ON. It kind of fucks with my cultural osmosis of the Taker, I genuinely thought this guy just showed up at Wrestlemania, hosed people's poo poo up and left again. hm.
- This is great. Lots of athleticism. Very different from the previous match, but fun, weighty, excellent combat. Paul's ringside acting is fantastic.
- That kick to the face causing Vader to literally flip backwards over the rope is just 10/10 poo poo.

Interview with Stone Cold and his team
- This whole team looks so weird.

Farmer's Daughter Performs "O Canada"
- No comment.

Canadian Wrestling Legends
- lmao the premier of Alberta was into wrestling
- Stu and Helen Hart being here and the crowd popping like its a surprise

Ten-Man Tag Team
- I actually didn't really like this match as much as the others. I don't know why. Very interesting to see the crowd hate austin, considering how popular he was in the states. Some idiot ran back and forth with a sign that said "This is Kayfabe" like 20 times in the background, which...I don't think anyone really cared in 1997. It's the equivalent of standing by a mall santa with a "this is an actor" sign
- Match was brutal at the end, though, which I liked, Tons of officials and everything else. I love the goofy security guard outfits (and yes, there are many companies that have lovely outfits like that. it's still a thing, at least in canada)
- lmao austin charging in and chairshotting owen out of rage, i love this dude
- lol, they loving arrested him and cuffed him. i suspect this isn't the first or last time this happens, considering his whole persona as I understand it is "sort of criminal crazy ape man" annnnnd he's flipping off the crowd handcuffed, I actually love this
- Stu + entire Hart Family being brought on stage, honestly this is really kind of wholesome, I love it.

Overall: This was a great PPV and I definitely do not regret watching it. Thanks for the recommendation, it was awesome. In fact, I'd say... "IT WAS AWESOME" *clap clap clapclapclap*

Question of the post: Does...does Mankind's performer just like getting hosed right up? This seems pretty brutal, apparently mick foley is still alive because he was saying nice things about Britt Baker on twitter recently, but wow I worry

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 6, 2020

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Dacap posted:

Is that the one they show in Beyond The Mat where you see his terrified family watching?

BTM would be a good addition to watch somewhere down the line for this thread.

Ok i will but please dont spoil things

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Alrighty, it's time for a simple episode of Monday Night Raw! Last time Stone Cold Steve austin went insane attacking people. So get that guinness :guinness: and chill your beef jerky :jerky: in the fridge for eight hours to ensure maximum chewing time!

Cavauro posted:

i pretty much remember nothing about mcmahon on commentary outside of some catchphrases so it was weird reading someone recap some actual witticisms

As a trio:
Lawler seems to love heels and likes seeing bad poo poo happen to people. Jim Ross doesn't like Lawler, and they often bicker. McMahon seems to be like, the "voice of reason." Basically McMahon is Kirk, a little bland but he keeps the commentary on Track. Lawler is Mirror-Universe Bones and Jim Ross is Spock after spending the summer at Sybok's "vulcans can feel emotions too!" camp/timeshare/cult meeting.

McMahon's biggest thing seems to be saving bad commentary from Lawler. I've seen a few times where Lawler said something really stupid (one of the PPVs lawler started talking about vietnam...badly and vince saved it by being like "whooa lets get your drink tested it's probably got LSD in it" or whatever)

September 15, 1997

Ken Shamrock vs Farooq
- Finally I get to see the Nation of Domination in action. They've only popped up at couple times, and only to cut promos and recruit The Rock. I like their entrance theme and the general, uh, militant look of them is great
- They decided to say that Owen Hart beat Goldust in an intercontinental championship round?????????????? That was literally announced last week and it didn't start last week. Is this one of those "house show" things? Oh well.
- is it just a rule that if yo're in a gang in pro wrestling that your posse just beats the everloving poo poo out of people when you win or lose? not complaining but drat.

Steve Austin is interviewed about Owen Hart
Hey thanks I hate this!
- To the guy in the thread talking about the analysis of Stone Cold Steve Austin being an everyman, I don't know. That's a strange interpretation, he says "Steve Austin does what he wants when he wants". If we're going to go with highbrow analysis, I would say he's a power fantasy and thats about it. "Wouldnt it be cool if I BEAT THE poo poo OUT OF EVERYONE AND GOT AWAY WITH IT ALL THE TIME? HEH HEH" kind of attitude, not some kind of special commentary on worker-boss power structures. I can see why there was that guy whining at austin for wearing a mask a few weeks ago - on screen austin would probably beat up Dr. Fauci or something, I dunno. hard to say.

Taka Michinoku vs El Panchera
- I really like this Taka guy. This whole match was great- tons of fun gymnastic stuff, flipping, mid-air kicks, very impressive.
- I kind of wish Lawler didn't poo poo up the commentary talking about his son the whole time, Jim Ross was really trying to actually, you know, commentate on a match? Oh well.

Truth Commission Addresses L.O.D
- Good god this team looks goofy. These guys look like a militia LARP.

Truth Commission vs L.O.D
- okay, this is loving hilarious with the military vibe. standing at attention and doing drills, I kind of like this. it's so dumb, and I've been to re-enactments where a 300+ pound man wheeze-explained to us why, in fact, the zweihander was better than the katana.
- Match was okay, but just as I was getting into it, it did the thing I genuinely hate more than anything else in wrestling, which is multi-person match interruptions. Taka and Panchera's match was short but it was awesome. When I started with wrestling it was AEW last year and the "nightmare collective" did this a few times and it kind of hosed up every single good match. I'm getting interested, I'm liking what I'm seeing- oh nevermind now there's 10+ people in the ring and it's not fun or interesting to follow. Shame!

Max Mini/Mr. Lucky vs El Torito/Piratita
- Sunny! Great entrance. Very attractive. Is she just an announcer? Good at working the crowd.
- mini wrestling is great. This is honestly pretty fun and I like the level of work these guys put in. There's some genuine athleticism here, and I love it.
D'aww.
- lawler making "haha little people are short" comments :argh:
- That dive with the pin...was great.
- Ross: Stop it Lawler! She's young enough to be your niece! Lawler: Yep ;)

Dude Love Vs Brian Pillman
- Oh boy, here we go! Are they going to wrestle or are we going to get more Pillman's XXX files?
- Marlena is a quavering voice: "I miss my husband, I miss my baby, and I just want to go home." :magical: Is this supposed to be funny? "Looks like Pillman made her get a nose ring..and a tattoo on...her...you know." :magical:
- and then pillman pulls up her skirt in front of the crowd. drat. the 90's man. I really want to skip this but I like watching Dude Love wrestle, so...
- Lawler: "She's loving this, don't kid yourself Jim Ross" Jesus christ did Lawler decide to be a complete shithead tonight?
- That match sucked, it barely went anywhere and Lawler wouldn't stop going on and on about how much she's definitely enjoying it. :flame:

Stone Cold Addresses the Hart Foundation
- "You know in Canada we got a name for people like you...we call them Hosers!" lol
- serving Stone Cold a restraining order, lmao
- And Lawler gets the stunner :golfclap:

The Patriot vs Owen Hart
- lmao "Canadians suck" poster
- The Patriot seems like of lame, if that makes any sense? Isn't being "ME THE AMURICAN" Hulk Hogan's whole thing?
- Jim Cornette(???): "Owen hart is like a superball, no matter how hard you throw him he always comes back!" :confuoot:
- Austin tearing up the restraining order, lol, of course
- Great match. I like the "cops" who are clearly not cops

HBK explains his attack on the British Bulldog
- This fan's loving face in reaction to Shawn Michael's intro lmao

- Hyping up the hell in the cell match
- Nobody recognizes my talent nooooooo - I get the feeling this is a very, very common trope in promos

Hart Foundation vs Headbangers
- Jim Cornette: "Opinions are like noses, yours is too big!" :confuoot: :confuoot:
- I really like this whole "wrestling in kilts" thing. It's very braveheart.
- I like the fact that the Harts won it, and then the Referee withdrew it. I like this
- bret strangling someone with the america fla- OH THERE'S MY BOI VADER YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAR
- Unfortunately it ends about ten seconds after Vader's run-in, which is pretty lame. This has happened a few times, I get the impression the show is longer than the 90-ish minutes they get to shoot and they just capture..most of it. Oh well.

Great Episode, gently caress this Brian Pillman raping Goldust's wife angle, it's terrible.

Next: WWE UK One Night Only

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Just an FYI, Owen vs Goldust in the IC tournament match was on the 8th September episode.

ah. for some reason I missed the fact that was a tournament match

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Hirez posted:

watch the next episode already coward, i need a review

New thread subtitle? Anyway chill ya'll, these PPVs are 3 hours long and I work full time! Plus, it takes eight hours to properly prepare for a wrassling session because I need to freeze my beef jerky(this is temporary until my industrial meat dryer arrives, but for now I guess I can just deal with lovely store bought meat). But I am ready and here I go after listening to "Come on Eileen" 9 times, so now I'm crawling out of the yawning maw to present you, cold delicious jerky-powered thought.

:guinness: :jerky:

WWE One Night Only UK 1997

Hunter Heart Helmsley vs Dude Love
- Love his intro song. Ode to joy? Good choice.
- Chyna. :)
- Dude love throwing down terrible puns i love it.
- Lawler just unloading with the badly pronounced british insults here.
- Lawler: Look at this! I told you he was a berk! Vince: stop it. *30 seconds of silence from lawler* Hmm!
- Enough about the commentariat! I really enjoy Dude Love. I thought he was kind of a stupid persona once he first walked on, who is rooting for a hippie in 1997? Apparently every god drat person in the world? I get it too, this guy has been tossing Hunter around like he's made of paper. Chyna is showing a lot of restraint since her entire thing from what I've seen so far is to cheat to help Hunter win.
- Jesus that was a cool move, he flipped Hunter backwards onto a rope and hung him there, upside down.
- Okay, Hunter getting loving decked by a referee and shrinking away from a man with none of his physique and at least less than a foot was legit interesting to watch. I wonder if officials fight back often. That was great though, crowd went ape poo poo.
- lmao chyna putting Hunter's foot on the rope to help him.

Decent match. I liked that Hunter cheated with his badass girlfriend. Poor dude love.

Fans weigh in on the European Title Match
- Roight m8 i fink dat the bri-ish buldog is gonna take the toitle m8
- no wai m8 fookin' shone mycoles is da best
Also this impressive specimen

Leif Cassidy vs Tiger Ali Singh
- For some reason I lost everything I wrote for this match, so I'll have to skip it. It was very short though.
- gently caress it. Tiger's pin was pretty great, and the dude is legit handsoam. I hope he comes back more.

Los Boricuas vs Headbangers: Tag Team Title
- There's a lot of flag-waving here, I am assuming that if it isn't part of the Hart "Canada vs USA" it's just to do the whole "World" wrestling idea.
- drat Miguel you got a carpet on your back.
- Okay, a flying spin-kick so hard you fly over the ropes yourself and land on your feet? drat that guy is skilled.
- drat Mosh going nsane and knocking the poo poo out of two guys at one. I love this! More please
- Headbangers win, but honestly it kind of looked like a botch there, since miguel picked up a guy and then just kind of awkwardly dropped him. :confuoot:

British Bulldog discusses his homecoming
- Surprisingly down to earth. No interrupts, talks about his family, this is so non-insane I kept assuming someone was gonna run in and stab him with a katana.

Flash Funk vs The Patriot
- crowd doesn't seem to like the patriot very well
- So flash Funk is just kind of like, Flash Gordon, but also with funk? It's a pretty decent gimmick and I like the dude. I mean its a great idea for a character I just kind of wish he was all about moving really fast, instead he's just a good wrestler. ( I am very aware they outright state he's speedy but he's not even faster than Dude Love in the last match)
- Christ, getting kicked in the gut during a moonsault actually made me legitimately wince. God that looked loving painful.

Hawk and Animal Address the Godwins
- Mediocre promo, I guess?

Godwinns vs Legion of Doom
- I kind of like the LoD's intro, since it's just some guy going "uuruurrrrrrrrrrlrllllllllll" into a microphone. I enjoy the mad max vibe though
- Neat just gonna come in waving a confederate flag. We really just normalized the absolute hell out of waving that, eh?
- Crowd hates the Godwins, which is neato.
- The commentators are just making endless redneck jokes.
- Holy hell hawk just running around throwing people around like they're made of styrofoam this is awesome
- Animal getting strangled with the confederate flag, followed by Lawler shouting "I told you the south would rise again, vince!" :magical: :magical:
- Jim Ross - "My family fought for the east", which seems to be the precursor to the joke from this legendary simpsons clip, but Jim Ross showing he's pretty classy is a nice touch.
- Clotheslines everywhere. This match started off slow and then the last minute they just hit the fuckin' gas and cut the brakes. Great stuff!

Ken Shamrock Discusses his Injury (Shamrock vs Billy Gun)
- drat, the british love Ken Shamrock, that's neat.
- Love it. Rockabilly shows up to slap ken shamrock leading to a very quick squash match. It wasn't very impressive, but I get the impression that it was thrown in there just so the fans, who really seemed to like him, got to see him do "something", if that makes sense.

Bret Hart Discusses his match with
- Man, Bret Hart gets a very mixed reac-gently caress IT I DONT CARE BRING ON VADER

Vader vs Owen Hart
- :sickos::sickos::sickos::sickos::sickos:
- ITS TIME ITS TIME ITS TIME
- :sickos::sickos::sickos::sickos::sickos:
- Honestly, if this is "washed up afterthought" he still gets a crazy reaction from the crowd. Owen's was explosive but Vader's was respectable.
- This is some great stuff, Owen is just trying techniques and Vader is just a loving wall he can't touch.
- mastadon holy gently caress just tearing this guy apart i loving love this :killdozer:
- owen trying to flip him and getting loving slammed like a motherfucker
- Vince bringing up Vader causing trouble for them in some interview so I just had to look it up, and honestly flipping a table and threatening a reporter is Kayfabe to the max.
- Good lord, the crowd is going loving ballistic at this match, this is amazing. I thought the crowd was energetic on AEW, but honestly that seems tepid compared to the crowd in this.
- Good lord that match was amazing, especially when Owen started being able to flip vader. Man. None of this is predictable. Like the stories of the match follow narrative logic, but also they aren't obvious. This is loving lit. Vader time! :sickos:

These reactions are genuine, btw. I write everything as a stream of consciousness and then title it afterwards. I had no idea Vader was on the card, so that was pretty cool. I think not knowing the card helps my enjoyment.

Undertaker sends message to Bret
- Typical wrestling promo. No real comment. "I'mma get you bret hart rip rip"

Undertaker vs Bret Hart
- Has the undertaker ever made a bad entrance? Seriously? It's so loving basic, he just walks out slowly and its perfect every time, did he ever like trip or something?
- I like it when wrestlers throw props into the crowd :)
- Bret Hart just slamming the absolute hell out of the undertaker over and over
- He sets up a turnbuckle cheat thing and then the undertaker just throws him into it. hot drat, i love watching cheaters get shloupped like that.
- Sign "Vince Bring Back ECW: The Hardcore Wrestling" :confuoot: :confuoot:
- drat, Bret, I'm gonna assume that falling on the cameraman was a botch but holy shnit.
- :magical: Oh god the undertaker is literally hanging him from his loving neck using the ropes this poo poo is crazy this poo poo is insane
- and now hes just attacking the gently caress out of officials to boos and jeers from the crowd, like they completely turned on him it was wild. that was straight up performative hatred for each other, completely brutal. this is performance!

HBK Vows to become the WWF European Champion
- "I'm gonna win ALL the belts, MOTHER FUCKER. My middle name is Top This!"
- Probably the best of what was a series of pretty "normal" promos

HBK vs British Bulldog: European Championship Match
- Great entrance here, literally hugging members of the crowd and such. They love this. I'm a little :thunk: about him smooching that one girl, which is uh, well, awkward considering he had no idea how old she was age, and honestly, wtf? But I'm told by my partner that poo poo was pretty common and sent me a bunch of pictures of james doohan smooching people at signings and such. ~It was a different time~ :rolleyes:
- British Bulldog's entrance was wild. Why is this theme literally just "rule Britannia" though? This sucks. They played it twice too, why?
- Sign of the night: Sporty Spice 4 Life
- Yikes, Michaels striking the concrete didn't look fun.
- Rick Rude showing up. I like how this dude just shows up in a suit and shitkicks people its hilarious. like i have never heard of this person and he's such a good idea for heel stuff
- lmao, some of these signs: "Hello?! George Marshland?!"
- man...that sleeper was pretty...legit. his face turned literally blue. that was intense.
-- Commentary is actually good. They're actually doing commentary, not just spitting lovely jokes
- BB dedicated this match to his sister which is D'aww poo poo.
- How do kickouts work? Do you just...need to kind of wiggle? A lot of the AEW guys do these huge kicks, but Shawn Michaels is just kind of spasming with no actual kick, but I guess it counts.
-
Crowd interactions are great!
- Wow, that ending was crazy. "SCREAM FOR YOUR COUNTRY BULLDOG" like drat Shawn you're a monster, I love it.
- Diana Hart charging in to save her husband was pretty cool.
- I love how insanely pissed the crowd got, people were just tossing poo poo into that ring.

Overall: This is probably one of the best set of matches I've seen. Vader and Owen was great, Bret and the Undertaker was vicious and the main event was, well, it did not disappoint.

Anyway, I'll get another one down tomorrow, because it won't be three hours long.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Alright, this is great, it seems I will need to start putting this poo poo into a google doc because this is the third time my terrible laptop poo poo itself and I lost everything I’ve written. For this episode. This is more than a little frustrating so I almost dropped the entire endeavour before being reminded that I could just use my google docs account to record stuff where it saves every few seconds and so here we are. Get the only beer worth drinking in this shitposter’s humble opinion :guinness: and some cold beef jerky :jerky: (it tastes better, trust me) and lets have another episode of Monday Night Raw!

September 22, 1997

Ahmed Johnson vs Rocky Malvia
- Good Lord, the crowd loving hates Rocky. They basically chanted “rocky sucks” all match long.
- This Ahmed guy is huge, I like him.

Stone Cold Steve Austin sends a warning
- Continuing his “stay outta my way or I’m gonna gently caress you up” attitude. Love it. Otherwise, very short, and fans mugged the camera so hard they just blocked out vision of him. Lil’ top of his head was all there.

Sable’s Lazer Tag Mission
- This was….a commercial? Yes? It kind of sucked. Not a fan of being shown fun and cool products I cannot enjoy.

Undertaker is ready for HBK and Hell in a Cell
- Very lengthy recap of WWE ONOUK.
- BONG and the crowd goes apeshit, at this point I’m going to stop commenting on the taker’s entrances because while I legitimately love them there’s not much to say. The crowd loves em, he gets a ton of mileage of walking in a straight line very slowly, etc.
- I will note that I find it really funny this level of pageantry is for a two minute interview.
- Oh hey and HBK showed up to talk poo poo, fun stuff.

Legion of Doom vs Farooq and Kama
- Alright, I like both of these people-
- Oh okay, a million guys are gonna run in. Okay. I guess.

Owen Hart vs Brian Pillman
- This whole “Marlene is my slave” thing is still happening. Her outfit is even more revealing, panty shots, christ. Honestly this angle is just worse and worse each and every single frickin’
- “I have to forfeit my match because i broke my arm during a position change while I was raping Goldust’s wife.”
- Slaughter coming in to force Pillman to fight because he was doin’ a ruse.
- This is a weird rear end loving match. Brian and Owen not even really wrestling.
- Goldust charging in is really cool but why...why is everyone restraining Goldust here? This makes no sense.
- “Uhhh I did it!” - Owen Hart, to a crowd of booing people.
- Stone Cold shows up and gets jumped by four loving cops, good lord this is getting wild.

Stone Cold’s First Stunner on Mr. Mcmahon
- Jack Schnider Rhiga Rha! - Great Sign there, buddy!
- God, these are actual de-escalation techniques here and Vince is coming off as a really good voice of reason here. “Pleaaaaaase this isnt about loving you over its about your personal safety we’re on your side you need to stop, you could become paralyzed, please we care about you.”
- Austin just goes “Oh you care about me?” *stunner*

A Tribute to Dick the Bulldog
- This was literally two seconds. What the hell?

HHH vs Cactus Jack: Falls Count Anywhere
- Dude Love and Mankind having a chat with each other. This is actually a fun promo, the two personalities playing against one another.
- Lmao and Hunter visibility shits himself and has a panic attack
- I’ve never see Cactus Jack before, but this is cool.
- Fans literally chanting “ECW! ECW! ECW!” drat, I guess thats probably annoying af.
- I honestly find it funny with these referees trying to like, pretend the match is still going on even though theyre barely still in the building. Like its great, i feel bad for the ref characters.

Shaun Michaels has a message for the Undertaker
- Vicous betrayal and beatdown by Hunter, Chyna, Rick Rude and Shawn Michaels just swarmed this guy. drat.

Bret Hart vs Goldust
- The live aspect of wrestling is pretty fun. “Our crosses are gonna, uHH, OUR PATHS, are gonna cross!!”
Lawler apparently just cannot stop talking about Marlene, which is just him calling her a slut again and again, to the point where Jim Ross tells him to please stop
- Pretty okay match. Shawn really pulling off that heel poo poo, people throwing stuff at him even though he’s just standing there.
- Another lovely end to a match with a shitload of people running in. The phrase “AND HERE COMES THE UNDERTAKER” should not make me sigh, but...yeah kind of.

Overall a decent episode of RAW.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Ah, the beef is marinating in the fridge and I just poured myself a tasty tasty Roy Rogers.

Jiro posted:

This was the Raw right before my birthday freshman year of high school. Such a great show. And yeah I totally remember that stunner on Vince.

He just collapsed and had a goddamn seizure.

Off Topic: Due to a friend asking, I watched an episode of modern raw and jesus christ, its three loving hours long and it felt like at least a third of that was commercials. I almost never watch broadcast tv, but wow that was disgusting

Edit: Consulting the modern raw page on the WWE network and yes, a three hour show of RAW is 2 hours and some change, holy poo poo that's disgusting

September 27, 1997

Vince McMahon interviews Shawn Michaels
- Hunter and Shawn and Chyna just strutting the gently caress out. Crowd members dancing, all kinds of stuff.
- Hunter and Michaels doing bunny ears and sticking fingers in Vince's ears. This kind of thing makes them look like teenagers?
- GIVE ME MONEY OR STONE COLD WILL gently caress YOUR SKULL - Rick Rude, probably, maybe.
- People calling Vince a cheap lazy rear end in a top hat all the way back in 1997. He's like, in charge of this stuff.
- "Oh stone cold kicked your rear end? Maybe maybe maybe I c-c-could" - Hunter. This guy's mic presence really loving sucks, I know he's a popular wrestler but good lord him doing mic work next to Shawn Michaels makes him look like poo poo
- Sgt Slaughter: you're fighting the undertaker, BITCH!
- Hunter: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE NO PLEASE NO
- *Bret Hart Enters* and if you think THAT'S bad, we're gonna gently caress YOU UP
- Shaun and Hunter: :O :O :O :O *sweats profusely* *in obvious panic* This is pretty good acting.

British Bulldog vs The Best Wrestler, fight me
- Honestly the BB is okay, but his intro would be better if he screamed "it's time its time its time" at the beginning
- I'll admit to some skipping, because there was a six minute re-cap of WWEONUK and since I saw it like, 5 days ago...
- Pretty good clotheslines, but Vader feels less awesome in this match. The previous one I saw him in was amazing, but he seems...tired? I don't know.
- ! They made trading cards of wrestlers back in the day? drat.
- Vader wins, but in comes the Hart Foundation to be a bunch of assholes. Poor vader.
- Thank you Patriot! I like it when wrestlers just run around decking everyone.
- BY GOD THEY'RE BEATING HIM WITH THE CANADIAN FLAG :laffo:
- Bret looks so happy brutally beating people up and being a heel. I get the impression this is like, legitimate fun for him.

Farooq vs Ahmed Johnson
- WE ARE THE NATION, OF DOMINATION
- I love these guys, they're cool.
- OH poo poo AHMED BROUGHT THE LEGION OF DOOM
- Vince trying to sell getting your hand cut as a really brutal injury
- The crowd still felt the need to chant "rocky sucks! rocky sucks!"
- now if you're gonna lose a match, losing it because you decked the referee in the loving head is a drat great way to do it. Loved seeing Ahmed just smashing the metal stairs into farooq.

Sable's Lazer Tag Mission and Brian Pillman's XXX Files
-MAKE IT loving STOP
- referring to Goldust as a "heretic" is just so random. I've been noticing this a lot with wrestling where they just use random insults like "YOU'RE A BLASPHEMER!! YOU ARE A LIBELIST!!! Y-Y-YOU COUNTERFEITER OF RARE ANTIQUITIES!!!" and its even weirder when its non-live stuff.

Goldust vs The Sultan
- Dude Love saying he'll knock Lawler the gently caress out if he doesnt stop bringing up Marlene is great.
- Love Dude Love in general. "Kickout for me, baby! Kickout! YESSSSS!" He's so supportive!!

Stone Cold calls out Vince McMahon
- Sign: Dyslexia 61:3 (Okay, thats pretty funny, same with the opposite side of the sign with the phrase "toupee" and an arrow pointed at Vince)
- Vince is not acting like a person anymore, he's talking more in uhhh, like a "wrestler" voice? Does that make sense?
- Extremely lengthy zoom-in on Stone Cold's face, lmao
- Doctors are nerds! And that's the bottom line!
- Decent segment, just him standing around being intimidating

Headbangers vs Los Boricuas
- This is a pretty fun match but I don't really care about either of these wrestlers. I don't really have anything to say about em! I do apologize to the Los Boricuas fans who are let down by this.

Owen Hart Delivers a Message to Stone Cold
- Nice! Owen 3:16
- "I just broke your neck" shirt. God drat that's some good shade.
- Vince legitimately terrified for Owen's life here lol
- I love how often accidental injuries are just folded into a storyline.
- where did stone cold get riot cop gear? What th

Construction of Hell in a Cell
- PPV advertisement

Undertaker vs Hunter Hearst Helmsley
- I guess Hunter got himself some confidence!
- Oh, they're going to cheat and beat the gently caress out of him. okay.
- Holy poo poo, they put him in a body bag! That's amazing! Shawn doin the throat-cut thing OH poo poo THE TAKER IS STILL READY TO FIGHT

Wow! Great ending, I loved the way that ended. Good lord I'm actually hyped for the next PPV now! See ya'll in the next few days!

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
A quick update for everyone:

Yes I plan to continue this thread, but there's been a rough and tumble shakeup in my life that's been making it very difficult to actually sit down and watch some wrasslin! Without going into too fine a detail since at least one person I would rather not speak to again has admitted they cyberstalk me, there's been some good developments, and some bad ones. Three of my good friends have gotten COVID-19 and I've been doing grocery runs for them when I can while they are in quarantine, our babylon 5 watch group has figured out a way to binge that wonderful show while remaining socially distant (we watch at home while in a video call) and i've been playing the new paper mario game and its really good. I've had a few days where I could, but this heat is so loving unbearable here in ontario that I've been basically taking cold showers and hiding in my basement with the AC on, and its just a really unpleasant situation that makes watching WRRRASTLIN not a fun prospect.

That said, I'll hit the Bad Blood PPV on sunday and if I can a couple episodes of RAW right after. I don't know how many people actually care but that's what's been happening to me! Just very busy and too sweaty to sit down and watch wroosling.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I am the only person who has seen it, we jsut finished S3ep10 and im pretty sure everyone likes delenn the most after the poo poo she pulled in that episode.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Alright, it's been too bloody long since I did an update so let's hit that poo poo up. Bring out your salted dried meats and your delicious, full bodied beer and lets do this.

In Your House: Badd Blood: October 05, 1997

Nation of Domination vs Legion of Doom
- Hi before this match begins 'WOW THE MAIN EVENT IS GONNA BE AWESOME' also brian pillman died we dont know what the gently caress anyway
- Legion of doom getting a highly respectable pop :golfclap:
- Whole crowd chanting "Rocky sucks! Rocky sucks!" poor dude
- Good stuff, nation! The Crowd is livid!

An Update on Brian Pillman
- Sunny: lets bang in the hell in the cell :confuoot:
- "He's dead. We have no idea what happened, so anyway, here:"

Tarantula and Mosaic vs Max Mini and Mini Nova
- I know it's inherently problematic with the while (MIDGET WRESTLING) billings but I genuinely like these matches, these guys are great athletes any one of these would be better than loving peter dinklage for tyrion
- Lawler: haha gently caress short people
- Jim ross: some respect king, these are athletes
- Lawler: NO!!! What's the deal with Lawler's commentary?
- Why did they stop doing these? They're genuinely fun.
- Nice pin Max!
- I...i had no idea there were other language commentators...

Godwinns vs Headbangers
- headbangers are getting cooler the more I see th- DID HE JUST SPIT INTO HIS OWN loving MOUTH :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:
- Godwins are just beastly but those denim overalls get pretty disgusting drat...
- There seems to be a huge "these people are disgusting" thing with the godwins, there's nonstop comments on gross appalachian people or whatever. yikes
- Fans did NOT like this team winning.

Owen Hart sends a message to Stone Cold
- They're just straight up acknowledging that Stone Cold is a literal insane person who attacks people for no reason. neat

WWE Honours St. Louis Legends
- :shrug:

Farooq addresses Owen Hart and Stone Cold
- Not much to say...

Farooq vs Owen Hart: Intercontinental title
- The match is pretty good but Stone Cold is taking over the entire thing. It's kind of annoying, I dont like it when commentary takes over the match, reminds me of the Jericho commentary on AEW a few weeks ago.

Los Boricuas vs Disciples of Apocalypse
- Nice to see the LB's again. They're pretty good.
- And DoA took the win. Not bad! I always like backbreakers.

The Hart Foundation wants to set an example
- I don't know why this is cut into a segment, it was 6 seconds of bret saying America sucks.

Hart Foundation vs Patriot and MOTHER. loving. VADER
- ITS TIME ITS TIME ITS TIME ITS TIME
- lmao Vader trying to beat Bret with a flagpole this is great
- match hasn't even started and its just a brawl, flagpoles broken, shattered, people being thrown into the crowd, this is great
- This is a really long match and I am not complaining :)
- Love watching Vader dropping people
- Hahahaha he used Bret's hold on him
- Hitting people with a ringside gong is literally such a horrifying looking attack to me...
- Disgusting, managing to beat vader. Bret hart was clearly cheatin'.

HBK discusses his Hell in a Cell match
- He seems confident. Refers to Hunter, Chyna and Rick Rude as his "troops". lol

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell
- I really like Shawn Michaels's theme.
- Taker just throwing HBK like he's a ragdoll. I love it!
- One guy screaming "MAKE HIM BLEED!" and "KILL HIM! KILL HIM!" drat dude
- A lot of this match is throwing people into the wall
- This match is turning into a "Shawn Michaels murders the poo poo out of the Undertaker's face" which is pretty neat
- Shawn why you hitting cameramen?
- Oh good lord they got out and now they're on top of the cell, crowd is going literally insane
- jesus christ he throw him off the cell, that poo poo looked painful
- GOOD LORD that chairshot looked- what
- What the gently caress is this
- ??????????????????????????????
- Alright I guess that's a thing now
- Paul Bearer seems pleased as punch over this
- Oh and I guess Shawn Michaels wins in the most bullshit way ever, gently caress this guy lol

Overall this was a great PPV though. The last event was wild, I'll take ten please.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Cavauro posted:

you're going to watch the royal rumble.

Is that the next one? I thought it was RAW for a few episodes then the next PPV.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
i just cooked a big loving steak and the weather here in ottawa is reasonable for once.

OCT 06, 1997

10-Bell Salute For Brian Pillman
- This is a very non-sleazy thing! I guess he had a lot of fans here, lots of shots of people crying in the crowd.
- *tenth bell finishes* Crowd IMMEDIATELY ERUPTS into cheers, clapping, shouting. :confuoot:
- R.I.P though, I wanted the Goldust/Marnie poo poo to end but not like this.:stonk:

HBK Has A Message For His Detractors
- HEY BISCHOFF, BITE ME! sign. :laugh:
- Who the hell is this interviewer? I want to slap this loving dork.
- Jesus christ, a double wedgie from HHH and Chyna. You usually have to pay for something that amazing.
- lmao just bullying him this whole promo, i'm surprised they didnt give him a wet willie
- When did they start calling themselves D-Generation X? The Landis video seems to imply it was when they first started working together, but uh, it's been two months of shows, multiple PPVs and nope nope nope, it's all "The Clique"(or however its spelled.)
- ??????????????????????? Is this a loving work? They put up footage of HHH and Shawn Michaels being friends and they're just roasting the poo poo out of Vince here. 'Ha ha Kayfabe is fake! deal with it bitch!" I don't get it.
- Welp, Bret Hart called Shawn and HHH homos, I'm done with this segment. :sigh:
- This is also really, really long, like what? I hear a lot of criticism of "modern raw" because it starts with people talking, not wrestling and this is literally 20 straight loving minutes of promo-shitposting, can we see a chokeslam or something?

Headbangers vs Godwins: Lumberjack
- I guess this match is meant to be for the commentators to comment on the last 20 minutes.
- Oh and then 30 people in the ring. :rolleye:

Los Boricuas have a Message for Mark Nero
Miguel Perez vs Marvelous Marc Nero
- I’m just gonna fold any promo under 90 seconds into a thing because there’s really nothing to say about a promo that short: yep, he sure did say he was gonna win or whatever
- Mark beat his rear end pretty fast.

Jim Cornette Shares His Opinions (Please no)
- Oh boy, here we GOOO-
- This is such a weird promo, its just a man yelling at a cloud.
- This is the first time I’ve seen them directly acknowledge WCW. It’s interesting.
- Overall kind of a mediocre promo.

British Bulldog vs Rocky Malvia

- God I love that BB uses “Rule Britannia” as his theme.
- Yeah I’m having trouble understanding why everyone hates Rocky, you can hear the chant.
- Another all-out brawl. drat.

Stone Cold Makes His Decision

- I just realized I haven’t actually seen Stone Cold Wrestle yet, I’ve just seen him stunner people.
- Good christ this guy just blinks and gets a pop. It’s like Bryan Cranston during the Breaking Bad run.
= !!! Dude I like the idea of Stone Cold vs the Nation of Domination. This is cool.
- Man, Lawler getting bullied is hilarious

Road Warrior Hawk Has A Message For Owen Hart

- “YOU’RE A BOOGER, OWEN HART!”
- :rolleye:

Road Warrior vs Owen Hart

- “I’m not scared of Stone Cold! Let’s do this!”
- Quick match. Honestly my favorite OH match so far has been his godly match against the legend Vader

Melanie Pillman On The Death Of Brian Pillman

- Wow that looks like a woman who certainly wants to talk about her husband dying.
- This is literally the most uncomfortable thing I’ve ever watched!
- “How are the Children?” gently caress off Vince god drat
- “How are you gonna support your five children?” What the loving hell is happening? Am I having a stroke? This is easily the worst poo poo man…please stop
- There’s a wojack where he’s ripping his own face off and thats more or less what I was feeling.

Brian Pillman Tribute Video

- “Born with throat cancer” Jesus christ
- Dude had a difficult life

Kane Continues His Path Of Destruction

- I like this guy a lot. His introduction was pretty sweet.
- Double chokeslam….I love it.
- Matt and Jeff Hardy? I know one of those guys from AEW. Was that their debut? Good jobbing.
- drat those boos.
- The crowd really isn’t into this character, but you know, its hard to pop out of the gate.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs Bret Hart

- Whats with boogers this episode? Shawn is blowing snot onto a canadian flag.
- Oh yeah, they’re calling him HHH now. Nice. I guess this is where this started.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
:stonk:

Holy gently caress. please tell me this is the most hosed up thing in wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Alright let's do this shnit! Its time for expensive heavy beer and trucker meat. :)

OCT 13, 1997

A Special Look At The Legion Of Doom
- Don't really care.

DX Interrupts Bret Hart's Interview
- This was a decent promo from them, also the first coining of the name D-Generation X. It's exactly named what it is for the reason I thought it was! Pretty good promo, I was riveted to the screen for it.

Owen Hart vs Kama Mustafa
- This was a pretty okay match, but it was mostly about DX being idiots, stealing people's hats, eating bananas for some reason (?????????????)
- Generally I don't like or really care about matches like this because it was "about" a big melee at the end, and I dont really like those kinds of matches..

The Legion of Doom Talks about Paul Ellering
- More of this! I still don't really care.

Interview with the Godwins
- This is too short to say much about it.

Tarantula and Mosaisc vs Max Mini and Nova
- I love these matches. I know they were probably hella underpaid but holy hell do they put a ton of effort into this stuff. I enjoy how they take falls because they tend to do a fun little roll that I quite like. Honestly it's great.
- Oh god, that bump Nova took on his head. That...I hope he survived that

Karate Fighters Super Supper Sweepstakes
- I actually looked up who won this, since the entire video was "horny man get sunny for dinner" but actually, a woman won it and went out for steak with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Neato.

Flash Funk vs Shawn Michaels
- Actually a secret Kane segment, as he continues to show off how tough he is by murdering people.
- For some reason, I really liked Shawn Michaels hopping on stage like an rear end in a top hat and pinning him.

The Legion of Doom on WWE fans

- What is this? Why do they keep doing this???

DOA vs Truth Comission
- I just sort of cringe watching the DOA now that I found out they’re nazis.

Vince McMahon Offers Stone Cold A Contract
- Christ it's pop city with this guy.
- Everyone loves him, and this is a genuinely funny segment, probably the highlight of the night (Sorry, Godwins!)
- Stone Cold intimidating and bullying McMahon is kind of nice to see. :)

Sable In A Commercial for Laser Tag
- Oh, more of this. :rolleyes: Where's Vader?

The Legion of Doom On Their Origins
- Where's Vader?

Vince McMahon Interviews the Legion of Doom
- Actually an okay interview, but again, very short and quite silly.

Legion of Doom on Wembley Stadium
- Where's Vader?

Tajiri vs Brian Christopher
- Unironically one of my favourite matches so far. It doesn't tell that good of a story, but I like Tajiri's moves.
- Also, Vince is just roasting this mother fucker, and in a fairly clever/interesting way. Vince is really good on commentary.

Jim Cornette Comments On Phil Mushnik
- This is literally Cope: The Promo.

Savio Vega vs Goldust
- This might be the first time I've actually seen him wrestle, in all this time, which is pretty wild, honestly.
- I mean, excepting all his matches on AEW.

WWE Action Figures Commercial
- Not a lot to say, toys.

HHH vs the Patriot Never Gets Started
- Since these two literal manchildren have been acting like idiots all show long (and really, they're acting like almost cartoonish caricatures of high school jocks), I was hoping for a cool match. But I guess that's not happening due to this bullshit.
- Slaughter! I haven't seen you in a while.
- Ahmed Johnson, eh? This should be a f-
- Oh it's going to be a "million people run in, blind chaos" match. Cool. Fun, I guess!

Legion of Doom Vs The Godwins
- This was an alright match. Decent title match and some good moves, but I don't really like or care about these wrestlers.

Overall a pretty okay episode. There's a lot that went on tonight where I just didn't have much to say, absolutely stacked card filled to the brim with stuff. Onto next episode!