Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Hell yeah, let's go! I'll get my contestant rolled up tomorrow, but I'm ready for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

New Wrecker!

Name: Shines-in-heaven
Portrait: I'll dm you on discord
Class: Horrific
Horrific character creation rolls: #1 breed, #2 mutation: 2#1d10 2 1
Breed talent: venomous fangs(?)
starting mutation: Nuclear Arms lvl 1
Supply package: The Survivor

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Shines-in-heaven had found one of the aeropaths in the pre-show staging grounds. She wasn't one for subtleties so she grabbed him by his collar, pushed him up against the wall and got right into his face to make clear what would happen to him if she found any "malfunctions" in her drop pod. To balance out the stick with a carrot she then reached into his jacket pocket and left him with a cred stick to encourage compliance.
2 luxe to land as close to A as possible

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

WRECKER 14: Shines-in-Heaven

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 0 Current DR: 1
Belt resources: Power: 3 Medical Units: 3 Air: 3
Tokens: 1 Break

Augmentations: Limits: 0C 5M
Breed Talent - Venomous Bite: Gain a melee attack mode, 1d6/2 +Poison.
M: Nuclear Arms: +1 damage with melee weapons, +1 per Rad Token, and may use Heavy Weapons without penalty; cannot use missile weapons.

CS Suite II:
Slots: 2
Medical: Automatically spend 1 Med-Unit when damaged

Item reload status:
-

While the landing was a bit rough, it wasn't the worst that Shines-in-heaven had lived through, so as she ripped off the drop pods' door she judged she wouldn't have to beat up that Aeropath after all. Any landing you could walk away from was a good one after all. As the pod slowly sank into the bubbling surface, probably to be digested by the Meat-fluids below, Shines-in-heaven decided she'd try to find some other contestants as soon as possible, teaming up early would probably be helpful in staying alive on this hunk of protein.

Move to 702 via 701

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 12, 2020

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

M: Nuclear Arms: +1 damage with melee weapons, +1 per Rad Token, and may use Heavy Weapons without penalty; cannot use missile weapons.

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

"Now those are some nice lung meats!" Shines-in-Heaven commented as she browsed through the vendor's offerings "I can't afford them right now, but I'll be sure to be back once I do, you can never have too many lobes in this day and age!"

ENC: Boost

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

"Now, let's see if we can't find the other contestants out there!" With that Shines-in-Heaven broke out her scanning gear and began tapping away to sweep the surrounding area.
ACT: Boosted Scan: Wide Scan and Tight Scan 701

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Just as Shines-in-heaven's scanning equipment finished printing its analysis of the surrounding area, her comms equipment began to warble and play the voice of another contestant:

quote:

<'alohalochiwa, Shines-In-Heaven. Would you honor this humble worm with wreckference? Sending meet deets. And fair warning for fair gojirihime that a Beta rig Purifier is at the following coords...>
Someone else must have been scanning as well and was willing to team up. That was some very good luck on her part. On the other hand the message itself reeked of its originator being a [sigh] weeaboo.
Shines-in-heaven was in fact descended from a branch line of the former Japanese ruling family, a fact that meant that she had people ooh-ing and aaaah-ing at her everywhere, because the demise of Earth may have meant the end of the nation of Japan, but it certainly did not end its dreaded fanboys.
So with a sigh and a heavy heart she grabbed the comms gear and replied:
"Uuuuh, Hai! Message received and confirmed, will wrecksmeet at provided coords. May the divine wind carry you to victory! BANZAI!"
That probably didn't make a ton of sense, but she had been slacking off in her language classes and from her experience weeaboos cared more about the aesthetics than the actual correctness of a thing.

MOV: move to 801 via 802

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Backtracking past her landing pod, Shines-in-Heaven soon reached the Strato-Cradle unimpeded by any new distractions. Just as she arrived, a small meat outcropping started to part and revealed the form of her new partner Sid under what had turned out to be optical camo netting. The wrecker spread his arms wide and greeted Shines-in-Heaven with a big grin:

quote:

"Shines-In-Heaven! It is honorrific to meet with one such as-"
Just as he was starting to talk, another, much less welcome guest made itself known by starting to slobber all over the place.
In response Slid began to vomit up the barrel of a gun, aiming and placing an expert shot right between the offending Horror's eyes. Utterly fascinated by the weird delivery mechanism, Shines-in-Heaven stared at him just a few moments longer than she probably should have, before launching herself at the rival horror, going straight for the throat and eliciting a very satisfying crunching noise in response, as her artificially enhanced muscles ground down her victim's bones.

ENC: Powerattack the Horror using Venomous Bite: 1d8 5

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Belt resources: Power: 2 Medical Units: 2 Air: 3

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

As Shines-in-Heaven kept up the pressure on the offending horror, its movements slowly began to weaken. Just before dying however it summoned one last burst of strength and clipped Shines-in-Heaven with its tongue, before finally, blessedly falling still underneath her. With the threat gone, the other wrecker approached again and began talking:

Scribbleykins posted:

"Ugh, really sorry about that," he began, seeming if anything to be a bit embarrassed. "She sees a sweet little morsel like me - and competition like you - the hunter-killer instincts just go on overload. Oh well... again, wreckin' nice to meet. Name's Ned. Ned Sidious. Or Slitherin' Sidious - pick your poison - hunter for hire (reasonable rates, terms and conditions may apply). Feel free to have at her, by the way! I just had a snack so I'm good."

The skinny man chomped his teeth theatrically, gesturing at the fallen Horror, before beginning to circle around Shines and getting a closer look at her post-fight state. He began to pat at his armor's pockets.

"Ah... yeah, I see how you got dinged there. Hold on, I've got some Liquid Enviro-Sealant (Good for what ails ye! And armor, too!) and a bit of Scale-Buff. S-B's just for looks, but always stay your best, yeh? Sweet sweaty jesus, not that you have a hard time trying, your venom sacks are magnificent."
As he busied himself on Shines-in-heaven's armor, she replied: "Thank you, I 'preciate it, the landing was a tad rough, so my armor can use the attention. Now, I hope you don't mind, but to the victor the spoils and all, so I'll be busy for a moment."
With that she began to take apart the horror to separate into edible and inedible bits, before starting to chow down on the meaty bits.

After she had finished, she found a nice outcropping, warmed by the slow decay of the surrounding meat, to lay down below and began to read through the message her comms tablet had received earlier:

Hexenritter posted:

Salutations, Test Subject Shines-in-Heaven,

I am hereby extending to you the following offer of Exclusive Sponsorship on behalf of Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems. Exclusive Sponsorship with Pertinax comes with a host of benefits* including preferential purchasing and exciting new Pertinax products - including military-grade equipment not available to the general public! - as well as advanced challenges that may in turn lead to advanced rewards. Further to the immediate benefits, post-Wrecking Crew sponsees have gone on to do great things - and make lots of money - with us in the past, so if you feel you're a good fit with the Pertinax family, please see the attached documentation for waivers and releases.

Kind Regards
Aethelred Konstantin Von Schussman XIV, Director of Sponsorship Affairs

*for full benefits see attached documentation.
With her belly full of food she found herself in a mellow mood and decided to skip reading the fine print and scrolled through the text to the bottom where she pressed her thumb on the tablet to signal her agreement, sending back the paperwork to be processed by WC Ltd's lawyers.
Overcome by the post-feeding exhaustion she finally decided that a nap would be exactly what she needed.

Accept Exclusive Sponsorship from PAFS
ACT: Salvage the Horror for Scrap and Equipment + Cannibalize it to fulfill Rook's challenge
Split Scrap 50:50 with Slid

quote:

DogKisser21/07/2020
Good question - I'd deem the Horrors acceptable; they're not 'native' but they're invasive species that purposely pour themselves into whatever niche they can find and adapt perfectly

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 23, 2020

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 1 Current DR: 2
Belt resources: Power: 2 Medical Units: 2 Air: 3
Tokens:

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Shines-in-Heaven had slept straight through the pop as Derek had materialised dangerously close to her as well as the arrival of the Pertinax Delivery Drone. Only when Slid picked her up and began carrying her did she finally rouse from her horror-fueled slumber. A little surprised by the little guy's manhandling she found that his grip was surprisingly strong, so to save herself the ignominy of being unable to escape such a small creature's hands on live television, she settled in as if this had been the plan all along.

MOV:
be carried along by Slid to 702 via 802

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Belt resources: Power: 2 Medical Units: 2 Air: 1
Tokens:

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

As she was carefully put down again by Slid, Shines-in-Heaven pulled herself upright again and began to pace. "So, now you lure in our target, hai? Better not miss your shot then!"

ENC:
Boost

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Belt resources: Power: 2 Medical Units: 2 Air: 1
Tokens:

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Slid was busy ingurgitating his gun again. While the shot had missed, it had nevertheless riled up the Broiler, and it wasn't like it was going to damage the heavily armed rig anyway, so everything was still going according to plan. Shines-in-Heaven started clambering up one of the meat walls, getting ready to pounce on the Broiler as soon as it came close enough.

ACT:
If possible, Swap 1 Air to Slid
Ambush

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

A beaten up monitor shows the board room of Novatech, a leading provider of solar power equipment, nearly the entire C-Suite is assembled and clearly annoyed at being made to wait. After a few moments two people enter the room, one of them well-dressed but clearly uncomfortable, the other dressed in an old trench coat and visibly relaxed. At their approach one of the men in the room jumps to their feet and shouts:
"Thompson, what the hell is this, why did you call a board meeting? And to make us wait? Do you have any idea how much poo poo you're in?"
The woman in the trenchcoat pushes Johnson, who is now visibly sweating, into a chair, before addressing the man who had just yelled:
"Mister Sugimori, how nice of you to come. I'm afraid Steven didn't call this meeting entirely of his own volition, he merely followed a request of mine."
Sugimori is clearly taken aback at the woman addressing him, but still tries to rally and starts retorting:
"What, who the gently caress are you? What are you-
He is interrupted as the woman draws a Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems - Charon Pattern™ Pistol from her coat and points it at him.
"Do feel free to shut up, the reason I had Steven assemble you here is that I want to give you a short safety presentation, you corporate types do love presentations so much, don't you?"
With that she presses some buttons on the table and the room enters presentation mode, the lights dimming, the doors locking and a holoprojector springing to life. After a wave of her gun Sugimori decides that caution is the better part of valor and sits down again.
"Now, Gentlemen. The topic for today's safety presentation will be how to spot danger. Now, can anyone tell me what this is, and why you should be afraid of it?
A picture begins floating in the room, courtesy of the projector:

Sugimori tried to rally and to seize back control over the meeting:
"Why do you waste our time like this, that's clearly a boa constrictor that's eaten an Elephant, a six-year old could tell you that, we've all seen the holovids. And why do you think we should be afraid of it? They're long since extinct, and even if they weren't, we have legions of security guards equipped with the latest Dubhŕn body armor standing by to take care of primitive animals like that"
"See, this ignorant line of thinking is exactly why I'm here today Mr Sugimori" the woman replied "If you idiots had taken the smallest bit of time to look below the surface you would have found out why you should be afraid. Your company recently acquired the rights to the Solar-Venusian L1 point, did you not?"
A round of agreement goes around the room
"And you started working on building a solar farm there to power the atmo-Habitats floating in the Venusian atmosphere, didn't you?"
Another round of agreement
"And you further had a meeting with one Theobald Walden?"
Sugimori smiles smugly as he replies
"That union nut who wanted us to let him organise the satellites' workers and demanded insane things like a 12 hour workday? Yeah, I did, and I threw him out the airlock personally. Dang pinkos!"
The woman sighs audibly and pinches the bridge of her nose
"See, there it is again. If you had done the smallest amount of due dilligence, you'd have found out that Mr Walden worked for my boss and was organising the union on their behalf. Do you know what happens to that "boa constrictor" of yours if you peel away the top layer?"
The projector clicks silently and moves on to the next image:

A murmur goes through the conference room and several faces go visibly white out of fear.
"Yes, see, because you couldn't be arsed to do your loving job, you idiots murdered an agent of the Magitek Mafia, working to develop a new smuggling site. Now, if it were up to me, I'd make an example out of one or two of you for the future, since you clearly didn't know what you were doing, but ignorance is no excuse and my employers decided that a bigger signal was needed in order to drive home the message for others"
She releases the security on her gun and points it at Sugimori, who's now sporting a wet patch on his suit trousers

The tape stops and the two Pertinax Corpolice Officers watching it take a long drag from their Brainfood-branded cigarettes.
"Anyway, that's when she started blasting, and, well you can see the outcome"
They motion their head to the meeting room behind them, covered in bits of gore and chunks of COO, CFO, etc
"Magitek is paid up this month?" their partner queries?
"Yup, as usual"
"Well, let's get the cleaners up in here then, they know the drill"

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Belt resources: Power: 2 Medical Units: 2 Air: 0
Tokens:

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Alright, the trap had been set, so now it was time for another quick nap so she'd be in top form when the Rig made its way over to them. wriggling into the meaty walls Shines-in-Heaven closed her eyes and dozed off, confident that her proximity sensors would wake her when it was time.

Move: Aim

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

The hulking figure of the Broiler slowly lumbered into view, just as Shines-in-Heaven cleared the sleep from her eyelids. Before she could do much however the Rig was already buried under a small hill of industrial garbage and trapped in a malfunctioning valve, leaving her with nothing much to do.

Derek and Sid may look
ENC - Ambush: Retreat to 601
ENC: Boost if possible, Cover if not.
Democratic Processor: Vote for Dimensional Derek

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 4, 2020

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Secure in her new surroundings, Shines-in-Heaven was alerted by her WristComp that explosive ordinance was likely incoming to her position thanks to the democratic process. She quickly buried into the wet meat walls to try and ride it out.
ACT: Hunker

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

The incoming air strike had been tanked by Lonan, the presumably-retired pirate having stolen the sweet radioactive isotopes that Shines-in-Heaven had craved so much. But what else could you expect from such a thieving contender? Shines-in-Heaven decided to let her aggression out on some nearby targets instead.

MOV: Move to 701

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Belt resources: Power: 0 Medical Units: 2 Air: 0
Tokens:

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Shines-in-Heaven confirmed Ned's request: "Hai, I think we should try a different speed with these guys."
ACT: Ambush

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 13, 2020

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Belt resources: Power: 0 Medical Units: 2 Air: 0
Tokens:
1 Poison

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Shines-in-Heaven confirmed Ned's request: "Hai, I think we should try a different speed with these guys."

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Belt resources: Power: 1 Medical Units: 2 Air: 0
Tokens:
1 Poison

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Shines-in-Heaven watched as the Calorie Clown gibbed the nugget that had been foolish enough to call for aid. That's what he got for not being able to stand on his own. But her team had other plans than to try and fight these guys fairly, so Shines-in-Heaven abandoned her ambush position and jogged to keep up with Sid's rig as they advanced in the opposite direction.

Mov: Move to 601

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
1 Poison

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Following behind Hurt-Burn, Shines-in-Heaven pounced on the third mechanical dog, but the beast proved too cunning and evaded her attack at the last second. Frustrated, Shines-in-Heaven retreated behind the cover of the Holographic display that Derek had thrown up.

ENC: Venomously Bite the Third Gristlegrinder: 1d6 2

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 1 Current DR: 1
Tokens:
1 Poison 1 Break

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Ouch, that looked like it hurt. Derek was currently being taken apart by the last Gristlegrinder after materialising straight into one of their buzz saws. Using the gory spectacle as cover, Shines-in-Heaven decided to find an ambush position to surprise the mutants that were most likely still following them. While hiding out, she also accepted Ned's comms request, waiting for the data to be propagated onto her DVice.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 20, 2020

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
1 Poison 1 Break

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

MOV: Aim

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
1 Poison 1 Break

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Ambush: Improvise: 1d6 3 Green Barrels
ENC: Cover

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Belt resources: Power: 1 Medical Units: 1 Air: 0
Tokens:
2 Poison 1 Break

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Hm, that ambush had been a wash. Shines-in-Heaven retreated from the enemies and hid out behind a meaty outcropping, letting her armor cycle through its maintenance protocols before she reengaged.
ACT: Remove Break Token

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
2 Poison

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:
[X]MBC: 1/1 HP, 3DR

The Pertinax drone touched down next to Shines-in-Heaven and disgorged a small, heavily armored creature, which immediately jumped to Shines' side. With that in tow, the Kaiju hollered over to her ally: "I'll be right back, I'll try to draw these guys off of you, so stay tight, alright?" And with that warning she began to jog away.

MOV: Move to 702

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
3 Poison

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:

Hah, these guys were so predictable. Under Ned's coverfire Shines-in-Heaven quickly scurried back to where she had come from, trusting her new companion to keep her safe along the way.

ENC: Retreat to 601
MBC prioritise defending vs the burglar

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
4 Poison

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:

With the Manburglar dead in the dust behind her and the gristlegrinder momentarily off her back, Shines immediately went about salvaging the battlefield, grabbing Derek's remaining equipment, chopping up the remnants of the other two gristlegrinders and chewing down on Derek's remains. All in a good day's work. Thus sated, Shines decided to take another, lounging on a meaty outcropping and digesting her recent meal.

ACT: Salvage
Present salvage targets: Derek's death cache and two dead Gristlegrinders
Salvage the two Gristlegrinders for 1 Scrap and a loot roll at 1d6+1 (+2 if Derek counts as a salvageable body?)
Install the Research mod from Derek and keep the Grinder as an item
Use the Horrific ability to consume Derek's remains, satisfying the Diamond challenge >Time for seconds!: Eat a Wrecker, not just part of them, the whole Wrecker.
FreeACT: Swap Grinder to Ned
FreeACT: Swap half the salvaged Scrap to Ned (round down)

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 3 Current DR: 2
Tokens:
5 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:

Her nap over, Shines-in-Heaven got up to stretch a little before gathering her belongings and falling in behind Hurt-burn's massive frame. As she was jogging along, her D-Vice crackled to life and transmitted her companion's voice:

quote:

<"Mind telling us how Derek went down, Shines? 's not like they sell that on the open market. I mean, there's that knock-off line of D-Viches, but it isn't the same. Read a few reviews saying they sand that stuff so much down you can barely even feel the warp.">
Shines considered for a moment before she replied. "You know, it kinda tasted like-

Ad cutin posted:

A juicy krill-steak, dry aged on the salt flats of Earth, seasoned with the finest spices from Phobos and served with a platter of Saturnine Sweet Potatoes! Get it now, for just 5,99 at your closest Calorie Court!
Calorie Court: Get your Carbs here.
-so you know, pretty decent, though I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with a lesser constitution, they might get blown away by the Warp ligaments. Haha" Chuckling at her terrible joke, she continued walking towards the enemy they had scanned earlier.

MOV: Move to 602

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
5 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:

As the two wreckers moved further into the interior of the meateor, the baying of the hound behind them grew steadily louder, until at last it could no longer be ignored. Turning nearly in place, Derek trained Hurt-burn's flamers on the offending creature and began filling the putrid air with the smell of burnt plastics and the sounds of synthesised yelps as the synth's frame slowly melted under the intense heat produced by the rig's weapons.
But the dog wasn't the only enemy daring to challenge the duo, a mutant was currently moving to intercept their path as well. Shines quickened her jog into a sprint and leapt at the offending interloper, going straight for the throat. With one big effort she forced her jaw to close and then began tearing it away from her victim again, quickly ending their struggle as they bled out into the meateor.

ENC: Venomous Bite vs Manburglar: 1d6 4
MBC: prioritise blocking the Manburglar

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
5 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:

With her opponents down, Shines-in-Heaven once again began taking them apart for everything that could be useful. As she was elbow-deep in Manburglar guts, Ned commed her:

quote:

<"Shines, while you're busy feasting could you do a threat display for the camdrones? Or, well, I guess it'd be a smile? I feel like making a real Wreckord of your participation here and ya just gotta have that chease pict.">
She got up with a huff: "You better hope that you're never going to see my threat display Ned, in my family line they are only shown prior to a duel to the death. I can however provide you with an opportunity for a state picture."
With that the Lux-drone that provided her Halo glowed more brightly as she straightened up and presented herself, covered in grease and blood from her recent work.

ACT:
Salvage the Manburglar and Gristlegrinder for an extra loot roll at +1

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 5 Current DR: 2
Tokens:
5 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:

quote:

<"And who knows? There's a pveepin' challenge on, might be someone's fool enough to snatch for the early bird lead. Speakin' of foos, HAZ tagged other Wreckers along our path. Don't imagine it changes our plan, but we might ping 'em as we pass, yeh?">
"Yeah, we might as well, though it doesn't appear like there's anything for us to be gained there, they seem to have their situation well in hand."
With that remark Shines-in-Heaven fell back in behind the Ned's rig.

MOV: 602 -> 603 -> 705

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
5 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:

As the two wreckers keep advancing through the bowels of the meateor, their attention is suddenly drawn by a shrill beeping noise emanating from a small hovering drone. Following her instincts, Shines-in-Heaven immediately pounces on the offending object, crushing it between her powerful jaws. As she begins to chew on the remains, the offending noise ceases, only to be replaced by a loud, hacking cough, as Shines-in-Heaven recovered from one of the bits of electronics trying to go down the wrong pipe. As she pulls a small piece of plastic out of her mouth, the camera zooms in to reveal the logo of the Magitek Mafia.
"What is this? Isn't it enough for Magitek to directly sell equipment to baseline-supremacist scum, have they truly sunk so low to try and target innocent contestants just for working for Pertinax?" she begins to rant, "Why, under the leadership of Donato they have definitely started to plump new depths of moral turpitude. What happened to traditional values, like finding a severed cyberpony head in your sleeping pod? Not anymore, those drat bean counters that have taken over have determined that it's a bad credit:threat ratio, so no more severed head funds. They have definitely sold out and gone corporate. Utter rat bastards the lot of them, and Donato is one of the worst. Why, back when his grandfather Ganjdalf the Green was head of the organisation you knew where you stood with them, but now it's all slick business lang and corpo speak. Utterly disgusting." As Shines continued to talk she began working herself up into a righteous fury denouncing the rival of her sponsor.

Chow down on the transponder: 1d6 5
Attempt to fulfill challenge Nomerta: speak out against the criminal practices of the Magitek Mafia, personally insult Donato Magnifico, or make fun of his moustache.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
5 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:

With Ned busy fiddling away on that DVice of his, Shines-in-Heaven busied herself prying off everything around her that wasn't nailed down until an incoming message alert caught her attention. Pertinax had authorised a delivery to her and attached a short note from Aethelred himself:

Aethelred posted:

My Favourite Kaiju

Please be on the lookout for a little assist package that will be winging itself your way shortly. The drone is configured to autochelate some of the toxins you've accrued too. A number of the other wreckers are rig-mounted now so we need to figure out something to multiply both your damage output and damage resistance to compete in rig-scale combat. You're a perfect candidate for the Pertinax Warhulk program what with your existing natural ability, so I suggest we begin getting you down that particular path. Thoughts?
Shines-in-Heaven took a moment to compose a brief reply:

quote:

Dear Aethelred

I am happy to hear that Pertinax is so willing to support my ambitions. At time of writing my plans are to fill out my legally approved limit of augmentations during this first round of the heap. I already have a lead on three of the four augmentations I would want to acquire, and am confident a fourth one will turn up as well. I could use some heavier weaponry, but I'm sure PAFS will be able to secure something along those lines soon.
Best Wreckards
Shines-in-Heaven

ACT: Salvage (Lootroll if the transponder counts as salvageable)
FreeAct: Scrap the Grogutz

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 7 Current DR: 2
Tokens:
4 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:
Ribosk8r: full

Retainers&Familiars:

While she was installing the Rook Wrecktumix in her armor, Shines-in-heaven replied to Ned: "Hah! That stuff is good for you, gonna put some scales on your chest! But seeing how you're stuck in that contraption of yours it probably wouldn't do you much good, so let's be off!"

MOV: Move to 904

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
4 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:

Retainers&Familiars:

Shines-in-Heaven huffed as Ned reversed Hurt-Burn's direction: "You're being too kind Ned, that Neönderthal is going to deliver the rig straight to the clown. He's been greezing himself up all show."
Despite these words she reached down to pull the clumsy contestant out from under the rig's legs, where his tumble had buried him.

ENC: Boost

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
4 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:

Retainers&Familiars:

As Ned scanned the pitiful creature that was currently climbing into the disabled rig, Shines received a notification that PAFS had authorised delivery of the Command Fob she had requested. With that inbound she pressed Ned again: "Alright, I think we've spent enough time helping out the Neönderthal, let's get going again soon, alright?"
While Ned finished up, she made sure to pick up the bits and pieces of the Broiler that had come off during the fall, further filling her pockets.

ACT: Boosted Salvage for 1 Scrap (Keep the Broiler intact)

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 8 Current DR: 2
Tokens:
3 Poison 2 Warp 1 Rad

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:

Retainers&Familiars:

Shines still luxuriated in the warm glow of the cleansing DTOX-Drone when her attention was drawn by Ned engaging HurtBurn's motive systems again. Pocketing the fob that had just been delivered to her, she stretched her limbs before falling back into a jog to keep up with the larger machine. As she moved along she radioed: "Finally, I'm itching to get this drill printed, so let's keep moving Ned-kun"

Mov: Move to 707 via 706

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
3 Poison 2 Warp 1 Rad

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:

Retainers&Familiars:

pretty tired and a little headach-y today so I'll skip on fluff in favour of getting this post out

ENC:
Improvise: 1d6 2
Red Barrels against Mutant Jailer & Ribbon Skate: 2#1d8 6 3
MBC orders: Ignore the Ribbon Skate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tokens:
3 Poison 2 Warp

CS Suite II:

Item reload status:

Retainers&Familiars:

"NOOOOOOO" Shines-in-Heaven exclaimed as the Ribbonskate attached itself to her and began leeching out the radioactive isotopes that had so recently begun accumulating inside her. But it was too late now, and hopefully this taste would encourage the little blighter to keep chasing her. Instead she decided to operate the armor feature the producers had temporarily enabled and convert some of the poison that had accumulated in her system into usable medicine. While that was working she radio'd Ned: "You know, that Jailer is covered in an awful lot of very flammable liquid now, wouldn't it be a shame if something were to... incinerate it?"

ACT:
FreeACT: Convert two poison tokens to Med Units, taking two damage
ACT: Heal 2 HP using one Med Unit and discarding 1 Warp token thanks to the RiboSk8r