Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
As was already pointed out, there were a lot of preacher dudes running around that area 2000 years ago and we have found records of a bunch of them because there were plenty of people running around documenting poo poo too.

Weird though how none of them documented this Jesus guy but they got the no one crazies

Weird

Also wasn't the first book of the Bible written in the style of allegorical fiction that was popular at that time, which both the popularity and prose we have records of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Salty Josh posted:

The first book chronologically was written after the others. The story of Adam and Eve leading to Exodus was only passed along as a spoken story, similar to folklore.

The epic of Gilgamesh also refers to a great flood, this of course dates back to Mesopotamia and before.

I personally think the Judas betrayal was arranged as in Jesus was aware (not through divine sources) that Judas betrayes him and in fact told him to do so.

My favourite stories are of Sampson & Delilah and Boaz & Ruth. As far as I am aware the Jesus being descended from Ruth/Boaz and subsequently David is still canon.

The first book, written in 94ad or w/e, i forget the name because they're all the same like Peter Paul Sam etc