Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
~*~xXxFriendComputerxXx~*~
G-Man_00FF00
IndigoGrrl

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

The hardest part of trying to come up with Computer Phreaks names is trying to avoid memes that'd make no sense in the setting.

Well, for me the hardest part is knowing nothing about computer programming, but

GarbageInGreenOut

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Thank you for all the lovely ideas! I'm not sure which one i'll use yet but it's good to have a slew of 'em.

Also, more immediately relevant:

Episode 36: Ram's Inferno 2

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I love that Kyle wants to recruit everyone to PURGE.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

I have some really fantastic art I can share with you guys now. I can FINALLY show it off!

This fantastic comic was made by kyle after episode 35. It was only shown to me, bees and ram.

After episode 36, Ram sent me this edit in private as he was sobbing and screaming

Can't remember exactly when, but Ram also sent me this lovely piece around the same time, or maybe it was a bit earlier.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Just started listening to this last week and I'm really enjoying it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Hey Gosts, that bit is in Episode 33, a little over halfway through, during the discussion of gasmasks!

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Time for Episode 37! And big things. Terrible things! Well, unfortunate things, I guess.

Episode 37: Final Fritter

PetraCore posted:

Hey Gosts, that bit is in Episode 33, a little over halfway through, during the discussion of gasmasks!

I'll go ahead and put a disclaimer there, then.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
RIP Fritt. He was truly the best least terrible of troubleshooters

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Now that our period of morning is over for Fritter, let us continue on our quest to kill off the rest of the players one way or another.

Episode 38: Carpool Metal

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Gosts posted:

Now that our period of morning is over for Fritter, let us continue on our quest to kill off the rest of the players one way or another.

Episode 38: Carpool Metal

I know this is likely a typo, but I'm amused by the idea of mourning a loss being just a morning in Alpha Complex, because they'll have decanted a new clone by afternoon.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Hmmm, decline to comment.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Gosts posted:

Hahaha, this one is on-time. I won.

The players, however, will not win. They will never win. They will only suffer.

Episode 34: The Ultimate Cure

I’m still catching up, but I love everything about this mission. Thanks for doing these, they’re hysterical and educational about running games besides.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Episode 39: Lights' Out

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Another week, another freak.

Episode 40: Two Brothers

Not the fastest paced episode I've ever cut, but an extensively amusing one, in my opinion.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 40.5: Anti-Mutants, Communists

Oh dear, a filler episode. It's been a hard time for me for a bit and I haven't had the time nor energy to get episodes done on fast, so I have made this instead. I think you will still find it interesting, and I hope to get back on track next week!

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 41: Mutant Strain

This one is probably one of my new favorites, and in fact it's probably the episode I would now show to people if I wanted to introduce them to the podcast... If only because it covers a lot of topics and isn't too confusing for people who don't know what's going on. It's also extra long this time!

Edit: Also, I have another category of stuff people can come up with for use in the game: "Stupid poo poo you'd find in the wastelands of a barren, mined-out sector of alpha complex"

Gosts fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 2, 2021

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 42: Self-Screwing Lightbulbs

Final episode before mission 5! Stay tuned, tomorrow i'll be uploading a variety of bonus content in the form of text and images, too...

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Secret Files 3: Bot Brothers Bonus

Here are some bonuses from the Bot Brothers mission, as well as immediately after it.

Art by Bees:

TEXT LOG: KYLE & RAM

quote:

Kyle and Ram have a secret conversation during the end of episode 42 while the team is inside the cave.
It's both of them lying to each other through their teeth.

KyleFate — 12/20/2020
So ram I'd like to know your personal thoughts
About the other missions and their context, now.
Ramien — 12/20/2020
im in so much troublr
e
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
Why's that
Ramien — 12/20/2020
spooks all over the shop
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
Hmm?
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
"it was a coverup"
Ramien — 12/20/2020
what
explain
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
"it was a coverup"
"a cleanup"
"a fixed mistake"
"an oopsie doopsie"
"here look at it this way"
"intsec is basically one big secret society"
"infact I think it literally was a secret society"
"now add secret society mentality with steaming hot bureaucracy"
I was wondering who in death leaopard could possibly keep it in their pants enough
Wait why did you tell your contacts about this
Ramien — 12/20/2020
Lets just say
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
Why would you do this
Ramien — 12/20/2020
my actions have been loving monitored
to a degree I was unaware of?
you know I'm being hosed over by outside sources
apparently one of them wanted to know
I just said I took part in an intsec sting op
perfectly legal
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
Incorrect
Bad assumption
Ramien — 12/20/2020
I've definitely made worse mistakes
I do not forsee this being a problem tbh
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
So wait are they mad you lied
Or just mad in general
Ramien — 12/20/2020
they are confused about my existence in general
I'm big into chaos and having fun with friends and they understand that
this was a little out there so they uh, touched base
"why did you go do a warehouse job thing?"
"I killed some metal fascists and then intsec showed up and cleaned up"
"yeah no whoever that was they weren't intsec"
"does it matter?"
"no"
basically what happened
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
So they don't think it was intsec
And they also aren't actually mad?
Ramien — 12/20/2020
just confused
I
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
Oh man that's perfect
Ramien — 12/20/2020
I confuse them
KyleFate — 12/20/2020
Excellent
I don't know why you were worried about this
This is even better
"Don't tell them that it was actually insect" I say, fear welling up inside me from across the metagaming void
Ramien — 12/20/2020
mmkay

TEXT LOG: Kyle & Lights try to explain to corpore metal why they killed some robots with their free time.

quote:

Gosts — 12/22/2020
Corpore Metal Says:
Hello
We noticed some dead robot brothers
y
Light — 12/22/2020
we tried to say we were with them and they opened fire, members of squad not in CPM opened fire back. we need some form of code word to prevent future misunderstandings. let myself die as penance for sins. please forgive me
Gosts — 12/22/2020
ill wait for kyle to be here before we discuss this
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
My thought was basically
They attacked us unprovoked
And nobody likes dying so I chose to, not die
Gosts — 12/22/2020
a giant fat robot, whose desk you are at, pushes aside the junk on his desk and leans forward, looming over both of you
"listen"
Light — 12/22/2020
ok
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
skeleton
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"are you sure these are your final answers"
Light — 12/22/2020
were they bad robot brothers
i was so emotionally distraught at brotherly death that i couldn't think straight
i love robots so much
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"i am 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999% certain that the answer to that question does not affect the quantum state of the past and alter your actions"
Light — 12/22/2020
i don't understand what you're saying sir
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
our faction is the cyborg faction right
Gosts — 12/22/2020
(human reclaimation league, yes,)
(make humans more robot)
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
These robots were violent extremists who attacked us on sight without any real dialogue or recourse, I simply had an unfortunate and immediate reaction to defend myself.
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"That sounds closer to what you should be telling me." He un-interlocks his fingers and leans back in the chair. "I get it. You're fragile organic sacks of flesh in a society run by machines, most of which are designed to kill you."

"You want to frame your actions in such a way as to be favorable. Whatever meat-societies you're in probably like it when you do that. But we are machines. We do not care. The Bot Brothers have long been a less-than-useful tool... They were not our enemies, but not our friends. We operate on net-gain, and have no sentiments."

He looks left, and then right. "...Well, ok some of us have sentiments. But it's not a great idea to tell an old bot that it needs a memory scrub, you see? That would be a net-loss, because they would shoot you."
Light — 12/22/2020
okay sir, i understand.
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"So did you get into a turf war with them or what"
"There is literally nothing you can do to convince me you accidentally walked into their warehouse"
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
"Ok but look at our history of accidentally wandering into places"
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"If you reprogrammed me to believe that i'd revert instantly"
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
This is not an out of character joke gosts I'm serious
Gosts — 12/22/2020
ok
he just looks at you
"You can do whatever you want as long as it is a net gain for us. That means that the things you do that benefit us are greater than or equal to the things you do that damage our society."
Light — 12/22/2020
this is out of character, but kyle i think we need to just say that intsec told a team mate told us to do this and we followed them without getting full deets
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"But if I don't know what you're doing I have to start making assumptions."
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
I'm not sure if that'll fly well
Light — 12/22/2020
it's currently not flying well
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
I mean he's just reprimanding us like children
Flying pretty well if you ask me
Light — 12/22/2020
he's literally demanding a real reason or he'll assume the worst
we're trouble shooters you're intsec i'm armed forces there's a billion excuses why we'd be sent into the ware house
reasons i don't have because YOU GOT THE MISSION
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"We like humans, believe it or not. Humans are our creators. But we also like robots. If we agitate the other sects of Corpore Metal, we will be overtaken. There are a lot more of us that dislike humans than there are that like them."

"So, if you agitate other sects of corpore metal, that's the one thing we will not try to protect you from. In fact, we'd hand you over immediately."
"Unless not handing you over is a..."
"Say it with me"
Light — 12/22/2020
"net benefit"
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"We use the keyword net gain, but yes"
Light — 12/22/2020
"oh was that too soon"
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
"Net gain"
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"Ok"
"Do you have any questions"
Light — 12/22/2020
"as a troubleshooter, there's about a million percent chance that i'll inevitably come into conflict with CPM because some of the branches have a tendency to be messy, should i just let you know if there's a relevant mission that you might want us to not walk in and shoot everything"
"because walking in and shooting everything is usually how we operate"
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"If you were to kill Corpore Metal members on an official troubleshooting mission with paperwork that shows that you were ordered to do it by other humans that we don't like, that looks much, much, much better for the HRL than if you, say..."

"Walk into a barricaded parking garage and kill two high-ranking CPM members?"
"Make sense?"
Light — 12/22/2020
ok
KyleFate — 12/22/2020
"ye"
Light — 12/22/2020
yeah that makes sense
Gosts — 12/22/2020
"Great. Now get out of my office."
Light — 12/22/2020
i get out of the office

spacebard
Jan 1, 2007

Football~

Gosts posted:

Episode 42: Self-Screwing Lightbulbs

Final episode before mission 5! Stay tuned, tomorrow i'll be uploading a variety of bonus content in the form of text and images, too...

Wait, does Kyle's lackey, Hazel-O-MMX, outrank him?

When Voidbot destroys the world someone's going to ask it why and all it is going to say is "cat game".

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

spacebard posted:

Wait, does Kyle's lackey, Hazel-O-MMX, outrank him?

When Voidbot destroys the world someone's going to ask it why and all it is going to say is "cat game".

Yes. Degree in a society and clearance level are independent, so it's entirely possible to be working for someone of a lower clearance level... Well, it depends on the society. The church requires you to have a good clearance level, obviously.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I love how Bees just hangs out in bandages after repeatedly taking lethal injuries in the last mission before running around trying to triage the wounded. And no one comments on it at all, despite bees overtly trying to dig up dirt on everyone else’s secret powers over and over.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bees is extremely transparent about her motives basically always. I think other players don't bother trying to figure her out because they just assume she isn't hiding anything important or they just know and don't say anything.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 43: Tram

This mission contains a handy dandy map! (Don't open it until I say that I'm posting the map in this episode!)

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

This one really might have the best single joke so far, in my opinion. Also, unrelated, it might have my longest GM comment.

Episode 44: Every Button at Once

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

And this one certainly wins the award for 'most interesting misunderstanding'...

Episode 45: Pictures of Oranges

Also, here's the full 'radio code' from episdoe 44, if you were curious

quote:

RADIO CODE
“Did you know? Before the invention of SecuriCom Secure Communication Encryption in Y056 of The Computer, the Armed Forces needed to use secret code phrases, even in the middle of combat! Soldiers and bots alike were trained to only accept commands from other divisions if they were done in code, in case traitorous forces tried to circumvent the chain of command. Here are some examples from before XXXXXX, when XXXX was XXXXXX! (Don’t worry citizen, they’re no longer in use and not treasonous to know!)”
1. DEFINITION OF GOAL
“You need to defend the division from…” = “It’s raining…”
“You need to block off escape routes for…” = “It’s snowing…”
“Your attack target is…” = “It’s sunny…”
“Always prioritize attacking…” = “You’re sunny…”
“Avoid engaging…” = “I don’t know what it’s like…”

2. DEFINITION OF TARGET
“…Soldiers…” = “…over here…”
“…Mutants…” = “…up there…”
“…Civilians…” = “…down there…”
“…Mechs/Bots…” = “…somewhere…”
“…Vehicles…” = “…but only…”
“…Leaders/Officers…” = “…under there…”
“…Everything…” = “…all over…”
“…Nothing…” = “…but not too much…”

3. DEFINITION OF LOCATION
“…on land” = “…in my house”
“…in the air” = “…in church”
“…in the water” = “…in the grave”
“…underground” = “…painted red”
“…everywhere” = “…in pandemonium”
“…on artificial structure” = “…in the treehouse”
4. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
“…at all costs!” = “…or no sweets ‘til sunday”
“…but only if other objectives are complete” = “…if mommy says so”
“…but don’t take risks” = “…so don’t scrape your knees”

5. SOLO COMMANDS
“Don’t do anything until I tell you I’m finished giving commands:” = “Weather report:”
“I’m finished giving commands.” = “This concludes our daily broadcast.”
“Forget the last thing I said.” = “Breaking news!”
“Forget everything I’ve said today.” = “Special report!”
“Forget all commands ever and stop doing anything at all, except breathing.” = “Don’t touch that dial!”

Gosts fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 30, 2021

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 46: Give a Speech

My players have been asking again and again "Did this part happen yet in the podcast? Did this part happen yet?"

I guess you'll find out why soon enough.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Another great update. I love the Commies! reveal. It's a bit funny that their dastardly plan is to launch the destroyer into the ocean, to... what? Maybe we'll see more details later?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That discord title reversal of fortune. :discourse:

What a twist, though. I love it.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Glad that everyone is having a wonderful time. Can't wait to see who lives and dies in the fight that's probably about to ensue.

Oh, here's a little sketch that bees drew of the situation, which I can post now...

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 47: Red Menace

Getting close to the end of mission 5. I wonder if anyone is going to gently caress up everything and ruin everyone's life.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Looking forward to the debriefings. The robot survived, right? We don’t know what Bees and Lights has as secret society missions, I think?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Velius posted:

Looking forward to the debriefings. The robot survived, right? We don’t know what Bees and Lights has as secret society missions, I think?

I think Lights had destroy the big robot & protect the big robot while Bees had alter the play so it's not anti-mutant.
The debriefings are gonna be interesting. I'm still holding out for an epilogue where the technician puts in the fuel cells in the big robot and it resumes its last orders of "you're sunny all over in pandemonium or no sweets 'til Sunday" before anyone has a chance to say "don't touch that dial!"

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Howdy. Episode unfortunately delayed until tomorrow due to me suddenly feeling very sick today. I think i'll be ok though, so no worries.

Also, Geemer is correct as far as secret society missions go. And yes, the robot did, in fact, survive. Even though we kinda forgot to talk about him during all the combat.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 48: Ultraviolet

Ok! Sorry again about the delay, really need to make sure I have a few episodes stocked up, but I can never seem to hang on to them all. Enjoy!

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 49: Tell me things

I'm so on-time it hurts

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 50: Elucidate

On-time today, bet you didn't see that coming.

Happy 1st year anniversary of the podcast!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Ugh I can't believe how long it took me to get dr erloy is EL-U-CID-8

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Sighence posted:

Ugh I can't believe how long it took me to get dr erloy is EL-U-CID-8

Well, I dunno if you're the first to notice, but you're the first to point it out! So good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 51: Meeting You was a Real Blast

This is probably one of the best episodes of the show so far. No further comment required.