Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://people.com/health/missouri-summer-camp-sees-dozens-infected-with-coronavirus-as-outbreak-raises-safety-concerns/

quote:

Missouri Summer Camp Closes After 82 Kids and Staff Infected with Coronavirus

Kanakuk Kamps, a network of Christian sports camps in the state, saw 82 campers, counselors and staff members test positive for coronavirus

At least 82 campers, counselors and staff at a summer camp in southwestern Missouri have been infected with COVID-19, according to state health officials.

Kanakuk Kamps, a network of Christian sports camps in the state, reopened their camps to thousands of kids beginning in May. Kanakuk chose to reopen after Missouri leaders said that there was a risk in letting camps reopen, but that they were confident that the camps had made plans to stop any potential COVID-19 outbreaks from happening.

Parents of Kanakuk campers were recently notified by email that one of the camps known as K-2, in Lampe, was temporarily shutting down after staff and campers contracted coronavirus.

Per a report from NBC News, parents received an email last week from Rebecca Duncan, Kanakuk's health services director, advising them that their children may have been exposed.

"As your Kamper returns home, we recommend that you consider a 14-day self-quarantine for your child and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19," the email read according to the report.

The organization — which prides itself on having more than 90 years of experience in summer camping — holds six overnight and day camps across the state with around 20,000 campers a summer, according to its website.

Kanakuk Kamps :thunk:

Here's their website: https://staging.kanakuk.com

On the very bottom of the page:

OUR KAMPS
K-1
K-West
K-2
K-Kountry
K-Seven
K-Kauai
KampOut!
Worldview Kamp

Which can be rearranged:
code:
K-1
K-WEST
K-2

K-
Kountry
K-Seven

K-
Kauai
KampOut!
:tinfoil:

Also, a bit of artistic liberty:

KanaKuK
Khristian
Kamps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

These Krazy Khristians Kan't get enough of their "K"s!!!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Julius CSAR posted:

Of course it’s loving Kanakuk

You know it? Tell us more! :allears:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Telebite posted:

kyanka kamp

DicK'yanKa, the Kids Kamp spanKa'

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Internetjack posted:

Being dumb bored and curious I checked out their website. Take a look at the executive team page pictures. It's like a bingo card of creeps:
https://staging.kanakuk.com/about-teams/

Wow!

Typical creepy Evangelical old guy with plastic surgery

Don't mind me, I'm just here to check out your kids

Pedo guy

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mindstorm posted:

Getting serious Krusty Komedy Klassic vibes from this camp's naming/media team.

They really, really didn't need to spell "Kamp" with a "K."

They just really, really wanted to.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Internetjack posted:

Now I am admittedly just taking poo poo out of context, because...

LOVE FOR KIDS
We are in the kid business.
I eat children.

Powder, a film by Victor Salva

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Big Beef City posted:

From their "Worldview Kamp" page:

Having a good god drat normal one at kamp kkk studying apologetics to defend the faith.

Samuel L... Jackson?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

A4R8 posted:

Is lowtax a member?

Nah, RiKhard KyanKa hates the bible.

When his oldest daughter accused him of having an affair - which he was having - he got mad at her and told her she only sees things in black and white "LIKE THE BIBLE" and cut off contact with her and told her she can "SHOVE IT."

Really makes you think... be like Lowtax or give your heart over to Jesus Christ. :thunk:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ups_rail posted:

kan we just kancle the letter K and use C in its place, the letter K is a fukking Kanker

No.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

there's just something i don't trust about this guy

Old men with plastic surgery tend to look extra ridiculous, and when they claim to represent values such as "traditionalism" and "masculinity" it just gets extra weird.

See also: Duke, David; Putin, Vladimir

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Zombiepop posted:

Kanakuk, if spelled kana kuk , means Sliding Dick in swedish slang. Probably a better name.

I don't want the fundie, white supremacist, children's camp to be "Sliding Dick Camp," please.

I mean, I'm sure that goes on there, but I can't handle all of it at once.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

20 Blunts posted:

does he have plastic surgery though?

as crazy as that guys face is I feel like its a certain stock of European ancestry I've seen in other people's faces.

Yes.

gently caress Yes.

This is not what a natural human face looks like.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Wrr posted:

Never trust someone in a polo shirt.

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Not to distract from ghoul chat, but in case you were wondering what kind of rear end in a top hat is stupid enough to send their kids to a camp right now:

:murder:

They ARE worrying about their own kid, by suggesting that you quarantine yours, fucko!

People are disgusting and some of these shitheads are literally too stupid to live.