Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Strife posted:

HD catches a lot of poo poo for being slow, unreliable, having legacy technology, a high MSRP... the top end of their reasonable bikes is about $28k.

Strife posted:

reasonable

I was going to give you poo poo about considering 28k reasonable, but that's not an argument only that lands against HD. Indians can cost even more (a Roadmaster is $29K MSRP), Goldwings are in that ballpark.

As far as I can tell, reliability really isn't an issue with HD and hasn't been for decades, as you said. I think Harleys probably see more miles than the majority of other bikes on the road, too - Harley riders might have a rep for trailering their bikes everywhere, but I get the impression that's mostly BS. One of the local dealers by me has 7 or 8 used 2019s on the floor with more than 20k miles on them already, and hands down the highest mileage bikes I most frequently see are HD touring models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Strife posted:

I’d argue they also look stupid on baggers. A necessary evil, I guess.

The pegs themselves don't necessarily look dumb, but middle-aged dudes rolling down the highway looking like they're giving birth usually does, bagger or not.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Delta-Wye posted:

i've been getting a kick out of trucking along in town but this thing struggles to hit 80 on the highway, that's ural speeds. a shameful motorcycle.

I find it difficult to believe a Ural with sidecar will actually sustain 80mph, even downhill, without something falling off or exploding. They'll do 65, but 80 is pushing it